This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention All Members

Due to the problems that have been popping up with ACRE and users having setup problems, the Admin team has decided to move towards a more controlled environment for testing.

What does this mean?

This means that the OA server with ACRE will only be available for members that have agreed to test ACRE and provide constructive feedback to help the Devs make ACRE better. The Admin team will be strictly controlling who has access to this server, as well as the forums for providing feedback to the Devs.

Members who have access will have to maintain active participation in testing and reporting and can and will be subject to removal if you aren't upholding your end of the deal.

We want to stress that at this time ACRE will not be on a public server, and will only be available for players that are actively testing the mod.

We will inform you when we are ready for players to apply to become part of the testing team.
    Last edited by Dredge; 08-15-2010, 09:03 AM.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Attention All Members

We will be using VON(that is fixed now) or TS3?

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
      We will be using VON(that is fixed now) or TS3?
      Both.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Good stuff. Lets hope we can get ACRE to 100% and up on the servers fully operational! It's a great mod!

Comment

Originally posted by Kief View Post
          Good stuff. Lets hope we can get ACRE to 100% and up on the servers fully operational! It's a great mod!
          Your right, especially when its stable ^_^

Comment

We'd like anyone who feels qualified to sign up. A lot of the issues that have been exposed only show up in a high player environment. If you'd like to test more regularly with us, outside of TG, contact Jaynus or myself so we can add you to our testing channel on Skype.

Hopefully we can work through the issues that have appeared since Teamspeak beta 25/26 came out with ACRE 1.0.7 quickly and get ACRE back into regular circulation on TG.

Comment

I can't help but feel that this is a gigantic step back. Ah well, at least it'll make life a little easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                I can't help but feel that this is a gigantic step back. Ah well, at least it'll make life a little easier.
                When we come back make sure to be vocal in your support of it. A very loud minority was the source of a lot of the flak that ACRE got while in public distribution here. The people that had no issues didn't complain.

Comment

Well, given the total debacle the event was today as far as comms go(for my squad and myself, anyway), this seems like a good idea. Give's the project the chance to mature properly, and be implemented as intended.
                  "Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks."

Comment

I don't see why we cant have an ACRE server? Not saying that it should be the main server - but around. I just hope the ACRE server access isn't exclusive and has same security level as Charlie basically.

Comment

This qualifies those that chose to run it krause. Helps keep the beta productive.

An unfortunate turn, but with the right support one that will help focus the testing efforts for a good result.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        Agreed, ever since 1.08 it's seemed quite stable to me. But I suppose there must be some hiccups if the admins feel this is the right decision. I only wish I had the time to apply to test full time, but with the school year coming up, I won't be able to dedicate time to do so regularly.

Comment

Just wanted to comment that TS3 now has channel commander. The keybinding system is still coming "sometime" but there are hacky ways to get keybinds to work (and avoid having to alt-tab to switch channels). Without keybinds to easily import, it requires editing the TS3 config file directly. In my opinion, it would be rough for us to use in this way, but it is encouraging to see that maybe soon it will be possible.

I also wanted to say that VON still has inherent issues between players on different continents.

ACRE is fantastic when it works, but very difficult to deal with when a bug crops up, particularly when it seems to affect everyone in the channel. Today I finally had my first major ACRE problem. I'm not sure if it affected everyone in the game, but it seemed several other people were having issues... so I felt it was best for me to leave.

Lastly, I heard some negativity aimed at people with ACRE problems, because the first reaction is to blame the user... It's not a nice assumption to make. I'm what can be called a "power user" and still had terrible issues today... I read the setup instructions very closely and verified before/during/after using ACRE that the installation was correct. I have some bugs to file due to a TS crash and other things that I hope will help, but the thing that bothered me the most: assuming someone borked their installation due to negligence. That may often be the case, but jumping to that conclusion ain't cool. Just remember: it may not be some guy who is messing up the game because he failed to read some instructions... it may actually be a legitimate ACRE bug.

Anyway, I hope the ACRE testing continues, it's about an inch away from being the best thing in ArmA.

Comment

I've been working with different solutions, and i think i found a decent one. The only problem is is that it requires that most people here to reinstall a different version of TS3.

I've found that installing TS3 32bit version, even though i run a 64bit OS (Vista), and installing ACRE with that instead of 64bit produces a far more stable ACRE. I went from being deaf to all but a few people to hearing everyone clear as crystal. Since ACRE has been taken off the main servers, this can't be tested on a large scale. I figure it would be worth a shot, since the process only takes 5 minutes to do.

This is a suggestion to those who are testing ACRE.
                            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                              I don't see why we cant have an ACRE server? Not saying that it should be the main server - but around. I just hope the ACRE server access isn't exclusive and has same security level as Charlie basically.

We want focused testing and feedback on ACRE. For this reason, we have decided to also have focused testers.

Focused Testers = Focused Testing

Focused Testing = Better Release Version Of ACRE

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X