• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Must Read For Everyone

Transplanted from my post in the general forums:

Everyone here should take the time to read this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38750893/ns/us_news-life/

Its very sobering. It is what alot of people have had to deal with, and something that I have personally had to deal with because of the loss of 8 of my closest friends in Iraq.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: A Must Read For Everyone

Sobering it is indeed.
    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Im of the opinion that many deaths could be prevented by your government putting more money into protecting soldiers instead of investing in weapons platforms that hardly ever get used and cost half as much as an aircraft carrier (like the B2).
      Look at the engineers Buffalo. They go up and detonate IED's with a frickn robot arm and the thing just takes it! Surely some kind of larger version with a CROWS .50 cal slapped ontop of it for APC duty would make more sense.
      Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
        Im of the opinion that many deaths could be prevented by your government putting more money into protecting soldiers instead of investing in weapons platforms that hardly ever get used and cost half as much as an aircraft carrier (like the B2).
        Look at the engineers Buffalo. They go up and detonate IED's with a frickn robot arm and the thing just takes it! Surely some kind of larger version with a CROWS .50 cal slapped ontop of it for APC duty would make more sense.

We have the MRAP but it is very new. We didn't get them until a good while into my 2nd deployment. They are trying to get them in the A-stan, but with the terrain it basically kills vehicles being used.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Thats good to hear, i think this picture says it all about the MRAP programme.

EDIT: Writing on MRAP panel reads: "This truck saved my life as well as 5 others on 02 Apr 08 at 2300 L in Basrah, IZ."
          Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
            Writing on MRAP panel reads: "This truck saved my life as well as 5 others on 02 Apr 08 at 2300 L in Basrah, IZ."
            Saved mine a few times too ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.

Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

- Sun Tzu.

Choose your victory conditions then fight to achieve them, Tzu understood this 2500 thousand years ago, and yet that knowledge seems lost to the modern world.

Comment

This is very sad indeed. Support our troops.

Comment

that's war, can't do nothing now but support the other guys out there and pray they make it back safe.

Comment

I've been against these wars now for about 5 years. Didn't start that way. And being against the war is not being against the troops. I'm against the wars because I hate seeing our guys getting blow to hell and its probably going to end up being for nothing in the long run. Sorry, but its just how I feel anymore.
                    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
                      I've been against these wars now for about 5 years. Didn't start that way. And being against the war is not being against the troops. I'm against the wars because I hate seeing our guys getting blow to hell and its probably going to end up being for nothing in the long run. Sorry, but its just how I feel anymore.
                      No need to apologize. Alot of people are of the same opinion as you. Alot of soldiers are too. I lost 8 friends, one of which died while I was working on him and I have yet to see why. But, being the soldier I am, I would go back in a heartbeat if asked. Not because I agree with the war, or disagree, but because I want to bring my guys home. Thats all I cared about both times.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

The best thing that you can have while in combat is the friendship. Nothing can be compared to it.

This video almost made my cry lol.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

I suggest everyone watches Taking Chance if they havent already.

One of those movies its absolutely okay to cry during

Comment

i honestly thought kevin bacon was a crappy choice for lead role in that

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X