PR Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Server

This may be to soon to ask, but I've heard the only limitation to number of players at once in ARMA 2 is how big and bad your server is. That being said if the TG Server for PRARMA is any thing like it was for BF2 you can expect it to be very popular among the community. My question is what kind on numbers are we expecting to host when the game releases?

Re: PR Server

My guess is that PR will be create missions for 64 players, I could be wrong but I'm sure the server will be full constantly no matter what player size the missions are.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I have little data to support this, but my observation is that BF2:PR was popular because BF2 was popular. Meanwhile ARMA2 has a significantly smaller playerbase, therefore I suspect ARMA2:PR will not draw many more people than already play ARMA2, but only time will tell.

Comment

I think you will be suprised, my thoughts on PR was "meh, just another mod" untill I started digging deeper.

Its a seriouslly deep and well researched bit of kit, far transcending anything else I have seen (Ace comes the closest) I will be very suprised if it doesnt get a commercial spin.

The number of b-testers waiting to get playing is huge and given that something playable is coming around late October, its really not that long to wait.

One other thing that has been occuring in the past couple of days is a number of "old" style early ARMA2 and ARMA one players showing interest in the server, I spoke to some of them at length as to why they are interested again and it appears they rejected ARMA2 whilst it was overrun by "mini hitlers".

It seems PR will focus in a more relaxed way in getting to the core fun part of ARMA 2 without having to endure someones "vision" of military engagement, if my experience of play in vanilla ARMA 2 in the past couple of days is a taste of that then I can really understand why people will be drawn to it.

Comment

Some further thought.

I had largely ignored this fact because it was convenient to do so but on reflection I have been wrong on one subject.

TVT is fun.

I think some people ( I was one of them ) played co-op endlessly because the threat was very low and it was easy to dominate the enemy.

Thing become a lot more fun when its a real person on the other side of the screen and PR I think will really promote the human VS human encounters more heavily.

This is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post
            I think some people ( I was one of them ) played co-op endlessly because the threat was very low and it was easy to dominate the enemy.
            Not just because of that, but because you can't ask a player to patrol the same road for 30 mins.

We have/had some great tactical~Milsim TVT missions.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Hotmachina got it just right. It will be interesting to see how people who have played co-op endlessly for months or even years with ArmA stack up against people who have become experts of TvT. It will be a challenge for many people who have loved the fact that AI were mindless and see how they stack up against someone who has a brain. Squad play will become more important then ever.

Just to get you guys going... remember how you could single handedly take on a enemy AI sniper? Imagine what a human player equiped with a sniper or as a MG team... No longer can you just rush them as now your in the hot seat and that squad leader who thought he was top notch sits there and panics with what to do.
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I'm not sure how much I will play PR myself. Time will tell. However I do think that it'll cause a very healthy influx of TvT gaming and new blood into the ArmA scene. The TvT scene is more or less dead in comparison to COOP, and I think many forget how good TvT can be. And on top of that the public scene is suffering quite badly in general. Something that's 'public but monitored' like PR's official servers will undoubtedly be very good for multiplayer overall, and make more people see the attraction in heading online in ArmA, or dust off their DVD because TvT is back in business. TG keeping a server open will undoubtedly draw much new people after a while, not only from TG's own PR-community.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X