FaceTrack anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FaceTrack anyone?

I searched the forums and found a few threads regarding tracking head movement ingame (FreeTrack, TrackIR), however there was no mention of this app, FaceTrack.

It works like TrackIR and FreeTrack in that it tracks the movement of a users head but it only needs a webcam and the software to work, no LED's or reflective stickers on caps.

I tested it out on IL2 1946 and although I need to perfect the settings for that game, I must say it works quite well.

Has anyone else heard of/use this? Apparently it uses the FreeTrack dll so it can be used in ArmA2.

For anyone interested, the project website is http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net
    Dh`aindeoin co theireadh e

Re: FaceTrack anyone?

Heard of it but never used it. I have heard it works great, as well as it has trouble being smooth. So, I say go for it! :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hmmmmm, I wonder in the absence of reflectors how it tracks...Does it mention a minimum camera resolution in the manual?

Comment

I think it uses some sort of facial recognition API. When I run it I see my cameras view (i.e. my face) and overlayed with markers showing where it detects facial features (eyes, nose and jawline).
        As for a manual, I couldn't find much in the way of documentation. Most of the info I did find was on forums for games where the app is used (flightgear and bis). One thing I did see regarding camera resolution was that having more than 640,480 or so was not good, as it introduced an excessive drop in the cameras fps.
        Dh`aindeoin co theireadh e

Comment

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post
          Hmmmmm, I wonder in the absence of reflectors how it tracks...Does it mention a minimum camera resolution in the manual?
          http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net...ty/webcams.htm

Check there. Nothing about resolution, but I hear your cam needs to get around 30Fps for it to work smooth.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

downloading and going to test with IL2 1946...
            EDIT: the webcam I have is too crappy for this, and I don't have the cash for a good one, so review is botched
            Last edited by blackraven93; 08-26-2010, 07:12 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X