No announcement yet.

New to ARMA!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to ARMA!

Hi guys, I thought I'd be polite and announce myself as a newcomer to the TG ARMA community as I hope to be around these parts more often in the future.

I'm a long time TG:PR regular, member of the 6th Devils Brigade and PR Admin. I have already had a very nice tour provided by your Game Officer and my long term friend and opponent Jeepo, showing me the ropes and what not. As I say I'm a salty old vet of PR, however I am a deer in the headlights as far as ARMA goes so if you see me around and have the patience please, please don't be afraid to offer as much as advice as you can stand. In return I will try not to get in the way too much.

I'm excited about all the future ARMA developments and look forward to bumping into a few of you in the near future.

I've posted my system specs in case anyone has any tips or suggestions for optimisation, settings or performance boosts etc. I've read the sticky's etc but still have a lot of reading to do. Also I am thinking about an SSD soon specifically for ARMA so any opinions on gain vs outlay would be welcome.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
    Power Supply: Coolermaster Real Power M850
    Processor: Core i5 750 8MB Cache Socket 1156 oc'd to 3.85 GHZ
    CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalem CPU Cooler
    Optimisation and Tuning: Wired2Fire Overclocking
    Graphics Card 1: Radeon HD5870 1GB GDDR5 *In Stock*
    Memory: 4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz C9 Twin3X
    Motherboard: MSI P55-GD65 Socket 1156
    Hard Disk Drive One: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 32MB Cache SATA 300
    Optical Drive One: DVD-RW 20x
    Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Speakers and Headsets: None
    Monitor: Samsung 24" 1920 by 1200
    2nd Monitor: Viewsonic 19" 1280 by 1024
    Keyboard: G19
    Mouse: Logitech G9
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Anyhoo, look forward to getting some game time with you all.

Re: New to ARMA!

Well, there goes the neighborhood...;)

Welcome to our little slice of the world. If you need anything don't hesitate to post it up, shoot me a PM, or hunt me down in TS.

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Great to have you here. It's good to see that members of the BF2:PR community looking to try out ArmA and with the future release of PR it will be great to see more of you come and perhaps teach us some tricks :)

Spartan 4

SWEET!!!! Good to see you man, hope more of you come as well!! We need solid TG community players like yourself and the rest of your IHS!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Wick....good to see you in Takistan...welcome aboard to ARMA
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Good, we are in a need for new people.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Wow they let anyone in nowadays..... :)

Welcome aboard!

RE SSD, I got a huge speed increase from installation on mine (OCZ APEX), not necessarily FFS but load times etc. Just ensure if you are going to invest that you purchase a device that supports the TRIM command.

Finally I heard that 2 X Kingston 80GB RAID mirror goes at silly fast speeds and costs the same as some regular 80GB devices.

welcome wicks :) look forward to playing with you a bit more! hopefully i wont crash when looking in the ammo boxes on domination next time :p

You gonna be flying the Blackhawks Wickens?

Oh Gunner you have no idea how dangerously close to the truth that is, whilst I couldn't cope with the guilt of a full chopper in regular play I have indeed been flying blackhawks, lb's and the Apache. All by joystick all though I have flown the LB's with mouse and keyboard before, found flying bizarrely intuitive with the stick, well for someone who doesn't fly helo anyway.

If you are around this week I will give you a demo, bring a fire extinguisher, a large cushion to sit on for the landing (if we get to that stage) and a pencil and paper (last will and testament etc).

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed