Coming back after a long hiatus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back after a long hiatus

Just ordered ArmA 2 OA after putting off playing ArmA 2 w/ you guys for a couple of months. I assume the new YOMA ACE addons have support for OA? Are we all transitioning to OA now for ACE 2? Anything else I need to know to get back in the scene?

Thanks.

Re: Coming back after a long hiatus

Nope its all very streamline and straight forward Codename, just go ahead and sync with YOMA tools then its all good. Drop into the TS channel and we can talk you through it.

Comment

We are running ArmA 2+OA "Combined Arms" All yoma and ACE stuff has been updated to reflect. If you need any help getting set up post it up or shoot me a PM.

Welcome back!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Welcome Codname, good times in ArmA1, glad to see you're back. If you need any help just PM me or hop on TS.
        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Sweet! Another meat shield, I mean, Squad member..... ;)

Hope to catch you in game sometime!

Comment

I wanna come back too but I have no money for OA :(

maybe soon enough though

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

^^^^ We have 3 new players joining today, and your the 4th with the similar situation, with that in mind I will speak with the admins and see if we can get a "vanilla" server running ( I believe we just need to flick a switch) and also a time rota of when we can get standard games.

Comment

We had just removed the <<EDIT>>A2 ACE<<EDIT>> server last week because we didn't feel it was worth running. The vanilla server setup is gone. The missions that we had for it are gone. I can no longer find them on the box, and I am resorting to my backups at present which are for ACE... I have no A2 Vanilla content in the backup as we had decided not to keep it...
                Last edited by Impulse 9; 08-31-2010, 10:04 PM.
                The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  We are running ArmA 2+OA "Combined Arms" All yoma and ACE stuff has been updated to reflect. If you need any help getting set up post it up or shoot me a PM.

Welcome back!
                  Wait so does that mean I need Combined Arms? I thought OA was a standalone. I have ArmA 2 if that helps.

Comment

Combined Arms is basically running OA with ArmA2 content. All you have to do is move all your OA stuff into your ArmA directory.

OA is a standalone game, but Combined Arms is a combination of ArmA2 and OA.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      Combined Arms is basically running OA with ArmA2 content. All you have to do is move all your OA stuff into your ArmA directory.

OA is a standalone game, but Combined Arms is a combination of ArmA2 and OA.
                      So you're saying I need to :

*Install ArmA 2
                      *Install OA
                      *Copy OA data files over to ArmA 2 install directory
                      *Run ArmA 2?

And it'll work?

Man I thought this whole time that Combined Arms was 2 separate game discs (ArmA 2 and OA) packaged in the same box, and since I already have ArmA 2 I didn't buy Combined Arms, just OA.

Comment

You should install both games into the same folder then run OA combined arms shortcut.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Basically what Socom said. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you had the games installed already in their own folders. If you are installing them (ArmA2 and OA) fresh, then do as socom posted and install OA into your ArmA 2 directory.

Originally posted by Codename46 View Post
                          Man I thought this whole time that Combined Arms was 2 separate game discs (ArmA 2 and OA) packaged in the same box, and since I already have ArmA 2 I didn't buy Combined Arms, just OA.
                          It kinda is basically two disks in one. Since you already have ArmA2 you are halfway there, and you just bought OA so now you have "Combined Arms". Wierd setup they did, but hey.

After you have everything in the right folders, you wont need to run ArmA2. You can do one of the following:

Run it form the Combined Arms shortcut it gives you
                          or
                          Run OA and in the expansions list on the main menu, select Combined Arms. And thats it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

As said above,
                            Combined Operations is the OA engine and content + the A2 content running together, A2 + OA from any sources can be combined into CO.

It seems you have A2 and retail(non-steam) OA, install procedure:
                            Install A2
                            Patch A2 to 1.07
                            Install OA - It should auto-detect your A2 folder to install to, if not select it manually
                            Patch OA to 1.54
                            Run Operation Arrowhead, your A2 content will be detected and run automatically
                            Install mods if you want to

If for some reason you can't install both games to the same folder, you should not moved/copy and files unless you want to update your rgistry aswell.
                            To run CO with games isntalled in seperate folders my recommendation is SpiritedMachine's ArmA II Launcher, section 11-3 here: http://robertsandiford.co.uk/ace_oa/
                            There are other options, listed in that guide

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X