Clearing up community misconceptions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing up community misconceptions.

I have been asked a number of questions by multiple users over the past week or two and I think it will be useful to list them here to save repeating them.

Any misinformation in this thread will be corrected by other admins.

Q: I have moved to community X or Y, can I still play on TG?
    A: Yes, the ARMA2 servers are "business as usual", the admins outlook to any player is the same as its always been, from an operational viewpoint nothing has changed, the only "line in the sand" is that we ask players to respect the no swearing rule.

Q: I have moved to community X or Y, can I post on TG forums?
    A: Yes, the ARMA2 servers are "business as usual", the admins outlook to any player is the same as its always been, from an operational viewpoint nothing has changed. TG make no judgement on where or how players spend their time.

Q: I am a member of the Omega in house squad, where did the information go?
    A: At the request by members of the group the data was locked, my understanding is that if requested this is available.

Q: I am a new / returning player do I require Operation Arrowhead?
    A: <<< **EDIT** >>> Alpha is being moved to "vanilla" ARMA2 Operation Arrowhead with no password, you will require Operation Arrowhead to play on either Alpha or Bravo server. <<< **EDIT** >>>

Q: I am excited about Project Reality, how do I get it?
    A: PR is not released at this time, as playable code gets closer we will update players on how to participate, currently beta slots exist for those that want to play early release.

Q: Server activity is low, when can I get a game.
    A: TG ArmA is focusing on the quality of play at this time over quantity, we have experience that suggest a smaller game of 10 - 15 players offers more fun for all involved than sprawling events and we aim to offer this level of play around 9PM GMT + on most days. We also suggest you keep an eye out on the planned events in the sticky.

Q: Community member X says your mum smells, you ate a baby, the sky is falling.
    A: A vast amount of disinformation exists in various outlets, the simple fact is this, TG is business as usual and the administrators have no interest in conflict with any other groups, our focus is on good clean gameplay and teamwork for our members.

Q: I just want to play some vanilla ARMA 2.
    A: Okies, we have heard this request and will make it available to anyone wishing to organize a session, speak to any admin and we will make it happen.
    <<< **EDIT** >>> Alpha is being moved to "vanilla" ARMA2 OA with no password, we hope this allows players to join the server with minimal effort re configuration. <<< **EDIT** >>>

Q: I like feature X Y and Z about TG but not Y, how can I express this and get admin action?
    A: Either by PMing the admins, posting on the forums or talking it over on TS, TG operates an admin policy because we believe it leads to focus, however we are and always have been open to feedback, especially if its desired by a lot of community members.
    Last edited by HOTMACHINA; 09-01-2010, 06:17 AM. Reason: Typo

Re: Clearing up community misconceptions.

Q: I am a new player / returning player, do I require ACRE?
    A: Acre is no longer required to play on TG servers.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post
      Q: I am exciting about Project Reality, how do I get it?
      Be careful on how and where you are exciting, in many jurisdictions your exciting may not be acceptable in view of the public.
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
        Be careful on how and where you are exciting, in many jurisdictions your exciting may not be acceptable in view of the public.
        Changed to excited to avoid possible lawsuits. ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

In soviet exciting Russia YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post
            Q: I am a new player / returning player, do I require ACRE?
            A: Acre is no longer required to play on TG servers.
            This means that we are not going to use it again?

IMO, the cause of the loss of the player-base is the fact that we stopped using ACRE. Yeah...

The difference for a MilSim player to stop using ACRE to the normal VoN is critical. Its like get used to a Lamborghini and then be forced to drive on a Fiat 126.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
              This means that we are not going to use it again?

IMO, the cause of the loss of the player-base is the fact that we stopped using ACRE. Yeah...
              In a thread about misconceptions it was bound to happen.

WE DID NOT STOP USING ACRE Despite popular belief and rumor, the admin team was 100% behind the mod. However, we felt that moving it into a more controlled testing environment would have better suited the needs of the devs.

Naturally, once this happened, no one saw it as that and blamed us for dropping it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hm, yeah, I know that.

But the way that HOT said, seemed that the ACRE would be used only in closed testing sessions. And even after the testing, we would not use it as a public mod, like the Celle map.

But still, ACRE = Lamborghini VoN = Fiat 126.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

What the administration team was trying to accomplish is have it so it is not mandatory during the testing sessions and have it open on the weekends, sort of a 'lock-down' type playing sessions. Be it as it may, people jumped the gun and started rumors, again all is in the past, but I really understand your point about VON vs ACRE

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                    What the administration team was trying to accomplish is have it so it is not mandatory during the testing sessions and have it open on the weekends, sort of a 'lock-down' type playing sessions. Be it as it may, people jumped the gun and started rumors, again all is in the past, but I really understand your point about VON vs ACRE
                    I don't think there were alot of rumors, the devs just didn't like this plan so they pulled acre

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                      I don't think there were alot of rumors, the devs just didn't like this plan so they pulled acre
                      ehh...potatoes/tomatoes and maturity

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                        Not trying to turn this into a flame war BUT, I sent Jaynus a PM with an outline of what we intended to do and he approved it before I posted it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Lets just keep it on topic. This thread is the admins viewpoint on some events. Lets not derail.........

Comment

Regarding ACRE, I think that if:

1: We have permission to use it.
                            2: It was suitable for day to day use.
                            3: Players wanted to use it.

Then we would, as imho it feels more real that the in game VON solution, however our experience is that the program is isolating some users who seem unable to get a good experience no matter how many solutions they try, hence us awaiting maturity of the plugin.

Of course as per our previous understanding with the developer(s?) , if they want any specific technical feedback or testing done we would be more than happy to help.

Prior to recent events I had asked permission to install wireshark on the server and provide ethdumps for the developer, however this was abandoned due to recent changes.

Comment

SO MANY ADMINS! Also, what's a fiat 126? *googles* OH WOW, THAT THINGS DOESN'T VROOM VROOM, THAT THING BEEP BEEPS. but yeah, +1 good post, glad to know we're still the welcoming community that i joined back in the old days.
                              sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X