Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

TG ArmA Pathfinder Program

The ArmA Pathfinders are a way of recognizing leadership. It is a prestigious position to hold within our community much like PCS is with Counter Strike. Pathfinders are leaders in and out of the server, and provide solid leadership as well as mentorship to all players. They are capable of leading missions, training players, and helping to foster this community as one of maturity and respect.

Recently, the Pathfinders have fallen from the eyes of the players. When asked; “What is a Pathfinder”, the response most times was “...an Admin”. The current Admin Team and Pathfinder Members have been working hard to revamp the entire program, and bring it to the forefront of TG ArmA.

It is with great honor that I, as an Admin as well as a current Pathfinder, present you with the fruits of our labor.

TG ArmA Pathfinder – Spartan
    • The group of players that make up the Spartan Platoon have show time and time again that they have the ability to lead this community. Be it in game, in the forums, or anywhere else they continue to step up and take charge.

Spartan Motto: “With It. Or On It”
  • This is derived from the Greek outlook on war. You either return home alive with your shield; or dead on it. To do this tells others that you didn’t give up and fought with everything you had. To return home without your shield, was an offence punishable by death. The reason being, if you came back without a shield it meant that you had thrown it down and left. The way the Greeks fought, each soldiers shield protected the man next to him; it is a sign of loyalty and trust. By throwing down your shield, you have basically killed your fellow soldier.

• This concept of loyalty to others, and trust is one that we wish to convey to the community with the Pathfinder: Spartan program. A Spartan member will not leave you on the battlefield, he will protect the player to his left and right, and he is loyal to the community.

What does it take to be a Spartan?
  • To be inducted, a player has to constantly demonstrate the ability to be a leader. This isn’t just when the Admins are around. It is every time they are on the server. It’s not something that can be turned on and off. If a player has consistently shown that they have leadership qualities it will catch the eyes and ears of the current Spartan Members.

What is required of a Spartan?
  • These are the simplest to ask, but the hardest to meet. Spartans must be as active as possible in both the game and the forum. They have to devote time to helping players new and old, and provide leadership to those on the server. It is required that all Spartans take charge and do the right thing in the absence of any other leader. They are the ones to step up and take control of a mess on the server and lead the mission to success. They all are capable of being “that guy” time and time again and making the game so much more by simply stepping up, and leading.

Can I apply to become a Spartan?
  • Yes and no. While you may apply to the group, we ask that you let your actions speak louder than your words. Stepping up and leading missions, and leading the community will have more of an effect than any amount of PM’s or applications.

What is a ‘Spartan Callsign’?
  • The ‘Spartan Callsign’ is a badge of office, like a Ranger Tab or Special Forces patch. It allows everyone to instantly recognize the Spartan members. Each Callsign is given out in numerical sequence starting with one.

• Ex: |TG| Snuffy [Spartan 3]

What else do the Spartans do?
  • Apart from community leadership, Spartans are also tasked with organizing and hosting events such as the “Pathfinder Invitational” event. The invitational event is a small event consisting of only Pathfinders and members of the community that have been personally invited by a Spartan.

Is a Spartan an Admin?
  • No. However, Spartans are allowed to perform certain Admin duties such as Admin on the server, and enforcing SOP/Primer adherence.

I am not an SM; does this mean I can’t be a Spartan?
  • No. The Pathfinder-Spartan program is available to everyone that passes the pre-requisites regardless of membership status.

The Admins and Pathfinders are trying to raise awareness of this program, as well as help the community understand what it is that Pathfinders do. Our goal is to re-establish the Pathfinders here at TG ArmA, and provide solid leadership to all that play here.

TG ArmA Pathfinder: Spartan
“With it. Or on it!”

*Feel Free To Post Questions Here*

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

Is everyone who is currently a pathfinder going to be wearing a Spartan tag or are Spartans like trainee pathfinders/not like the old pathfinders?
    And hurry up and fix your lockon, nub :P
    Nihility

Comment

The current Pathfinder members are staying, but are becoming a new platoon. "The Old Guard"

The members that wear Spartan tags, are every much a Pathfinder as the Old Guard guys. The main difference is, Spartans are the active PF's, and the Old Guard are members that are not here anymore, not active, etc. I guess you could call it a "Wall of Honor". :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

For want of a better word and possibly opening a can of worms wont any Old Guard status be seen as kind if elitist?
        Meh, doesnt bother me either way, i grew weary of squad leading and people trying to "back seat" lead after they stared at the slot screen screaming for squad leaders themselves.
        You should run a squad leader course or something. Alot of people think squad leading is hard. Its not. Infact its easier sometimes.

"Hmmm....i need to get from this cover to that cover.....but i dont want to die....oh wait! Im the SL. You there, rifle fellow, advance post haste to yonder wall!" *boom* "Oh, poor chap stepped on a mine". :D
        Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
          "Hmmm....i need to get from this cover to that cover.....but i dont want to die....oh wait! Im the SL. You there, rifle fellow, advance post haste to yonder wall!" *boom* "Oh, poor chap stepped on a mine". :D
          We have warned you about personal attacks Soupy. It was NOT! Hots fault that he got everyone killed by that mine field....it was a server glitch. We have told you that. Last warning ;) lmao (sorry hot)

Not elitist. But I'm glad you brought it up. The Old Guard basically is providing the old PF's an avenue to still be envolved in the program, should they choose too. Any of them are able to switch over to the active "Spartan" platoon.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

The irony is the mission maker was screaming in my ear "THE MINEFIELD IS FAKE THE MINEFIELD IS FAKE" , anyway that's how real this brother keeps it.

Comment

Ha ha ha

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

So your saying now I could have played as |TG-OG| Impulse 9 |Pathfinder OG|

... this post brought to you by the letters ... OG

--- edited pastence ----
                Last edited by Impulse 9; 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM.
                The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

NO, b/c there is no IHS by the letters you have in your tag. And the xml portion is not a true Pathfinder group

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

To elaborate more on what Jack said:

The IHS tag: No because it is not an IHS an more.

The [Pathfinder OG] tag: No but not because its not a PF group. No because if you are an active PF you will be in the Spartan platoon. Old Guard PF's are ones that aren't here anymore or have moved to other titles etc etc. Basically people you don't see in game anymore. The PF's that you do see in game will be "Spartan".

Im glad you brought it up Imp. I tried to cover everything but we all know how that goes ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

so do spartans get high tech upgrades that might possibly kill us before we are fully in the group?
                      sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by azzwort View Post
                        so do spartans get high tech upgrades that might possibly kill us before we are fully in the group?
                        I will refrain from Halo bashing and simply reply with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan_army

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

so they're gonna get trained from birth to be the ultimate ArmA players? i'm not giving my babies away...
                          sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Comment

so they're gonna get trained from birth to be the ultimate ArmA players? i'm not giving my babies away...
                            Lol. You just don't give up. ;)

The name Spartan was picked not because of any movies or graphic novels, but for the principles by which they lived and protected the community.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

=/= Spartan

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

• Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X