TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

so they were chosen to be resurrected in order to show what real soldiers are/fight the forces of evil? WHAT CROMAG SAID WAS TRUE!!!

sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Comment

/facepalm

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

can i join this group? i wanna be code name "jean-claude"
        sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Comment

Why is there so much sarcasm? The players should be aspiring to join this group, not make fun of it or hold resentment against it. If you do so, you already have given up on being a pathfinder and accepted yourself as not worthy. When BigC (Arma1 GO) envisioned this program and its potential for the community development he did not have a few elitists and everybody else who resented them in mind. This opportunity encouraged players to be well behaved and bold and brave to lead missions. And I have to admit the community lacks leaders both in game and out of game.

Once we have a healthy proportion of leaders and well behaved soldiers the community itself is happy and active. With a growing community the leader types also need to increase in numbers. In no way none of the pathfinders think they are elite. The restricted pathfinder event is a way for the great non-pathfinder players to be recognized and observed for enlistment into the ranks.

Apart from admins, the players can look up to a certain group of players, who have proven themselves, for guidance. That is why this group exists. As an Old Guard, all the work I and my fellow Original Gs have invested grants us the privilege to hold and keep our recognition. Because we are the ones who established the base of what you enjoy today.

Comment

I guess its good to see the restoration of this, but of the leaders I used to see regularly on the server (and it was often a select few), none of them were pathfinders.

It seems as though only the admin staff is.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporal_Cody View Post
              ,,,It seems as though only the admin staff is.
              Thats what we are trying to change. Hence the part of the post about "What is a Pathfinder?..An admin"

We want to get away from that stigma.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

That solution is easy. Appoint some more Pathfinders! Just like life, the best way to get people to take responsibility is to give it to them.
                "The unexamined life is not worth living". Socrates. "The unlived life is not worth examining". |TG| tiggr

Comment

I never found the Pathfinders to be any kind of concrete organization or group with real goals or objectives within the ArmA community globally or the TG community locally. Rather, I viewed the tag as a pat on the back for a job well done, like a badge of honor, and although I admired that intent I always felt it was just another way to segregate the community, despite obviously not being designed that way.

Comment

Segregation as to always doing the right thing? Or segregation for showing/enforcing TG player standards/SOPs? Or segregation to the effect of wearing/ be recognized as someone that the community can look up to when they have questions on the server? Yes I agree the pathfinder program has lost some of its glitz, but that doesnt mean it cannot gain it back and surpass its previous heights... I understand where your coming from in regards to personalized xml's but dont understand why being known as someone to look up to and someone that does the right thing is bad thing.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas R Harper, Jr View Post
                      That solution is easy. Appoint some more Pathfinders! Just like life, the best way to get people to take responsibility is to give it to them.
                      thats what the event is for....

Comment

As an ArmA1 Pathfinder I will comment that the PFs have not really done anything throughout ArmA2. Before in ArmA1 the PFs were primarily the ones who would lead missions, they were almost always voted admin and when they were not leading they were helping to teach people how to lead. The PFs have been essentially "dead" for the past year and its time to bring them back to their former glory, perhaps even surpass.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
                          Why is there so much sarcasm? The players should be aspiring to join this group, not make fun of it or hold resentment against it. If you do so, you already have given up on being a pathfinder and accepted yourself as not worthy. When BigC (Arma1 GO) envisioned this program and its potential for the community development he did not have a few elitists and everybody else who resented them in mind. This opportunity encouraged players to be well behaved and bold and brave to lead missions. And I have to admit the community lacks leaders both in game and out of game.

Once we have a healthy proportion of leaders and well behaved soldiers the community itself is happy and active. With a growing community the leader types also need to increase in numbers. In no way none of the pathfinders think they are elite. The restricted pathfinder event is a way for the great non-pathfinder players to be recognized and observed for enlistment into the ranks.

Apart from admins, the players can look up to a certain group of players, who have proven themselves, for guidance. That is why this group exists. As an Old Guard, all the work I and my fellow Original Gs have invested grants us the privilege to hold and keep our recognition. Because we are the ones who established the base of what you enjoy today.
                          Im sure when BIG C envisioned the programme he didnt intend for it to be a cloak and dagger illuminate style group of "leaders" who were rarely in the actual server but still had a large say in the "community". I highlight "community" for reasons you know only too well.

Apart from admins, the players can look up to a certain group of players, who have proven themselves, for guidance.
                          I did that once, i mean i really did. The whole system was the best thing since sliced pan. In the end? All i got was a sore neck.

Segregation as to always doing the right thing? Or segregation for showing/enforcing TG player standards/SOPs?
                          Ive heard pathfinders curse like drunken sailors on TS so lets not pretend there some kind of super SOP upholding group.
                          Nihility

Comment

All of the things you have brought up Soupy, we have made course corrections on with this new program.

1.) The PF are going to be open with the community minus their private forum. More so than they used to be

2.) We are providing real tangible leadership. Unlike the ArmA2 days, the PF's are going to be more active, more encouraging and more about the player/community.

3.) PF's are going to be held to the same TS standard as everyone else, PLUS a very specific set of rules regarding their behavior. This will not be an issue with the Spartans. In the unlikely event that a player does witness stuff like this, suffice to say it will not end well for that particular PF.

Please, keep the questions and (mature)comments coming guys. This program is here for you.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

The key phrase in this is "restoration."

The renewed program will keep the "Old guards", there by acknowledging their service. Somewhat akin to "Honorable discharge."
                              We already have several candidates that have been brought up for nominations.
                              Those that become a Pathfinder, designated as Spartan X (certain number onwards). Will join the ranks of the new generation of Pathfinders.
                              As mentioned, this is to retain and honor to our past Pathfinders and allow their return to active status with Spartan designation.

The fact that a candidate does not have to be a supporting member to be nominated should explain in itself, how open this program is to everyone and not just a select few.

For example. I, myself just happened to be nominated for a Pathfinder during the end of ArmA-1. I was not a supporting member.
                              I personally, thought that the Pathfinders were the elite group of players within ArmA for certain time. Some of you from ArmA-1 era might have thought the same.
                              Although their ability to know the game and lead others were obvious, but their willingness to assist others in-game and out. Showing them the better road to take when others did not or did not know.
                              Leading by example, not only in-game but also especially out of the gaming environment. It is their selflessness that mostly changed my view on the Pathfinders.

It is also nearly impossible for a Pathfinder or its program to be segregating itself from the community by virtue. Since, their actions within the community in time have gained access to Pathfinder status and the origin of the Pathfinder program started with the community.
                              Pathfinder program is not a segregated group within a community, but those that have shown; character, integrity, leadership to name a few have earned the right to wear the badge of Pathfinder in Tactical Gamer.

I would strongly encourage others to at least give it a try. You will lose nothing, but gain if anything... a recognition for your silent efforts in Tactical Gamer.

I wish all the candidates the best of luck and looking forward to having more Spartan's in the program.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Good post lowspeed.
                                However youll have to admit that the whole concept of the pathfinder program gives rise to a certain kind of snobbishness.
                                You can say no it doesnt but weve all experienced it one time or another.
                                Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X