TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

Haha...Hello Soupy, how are ya me ol' mucker? I try, you know.

It goes without saying that the snobbishness that you bring up is natural. You can't blame a R.E.M.E. guys for thinking that the S.B.S. lads carry a certain snobbishness/arrogance with them. I don't since, I know that the lads in S.B.S. have earned it.

;)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Soupy, we're not here to argue the merits of the Pathfinder program past, present, or future. We are here now to restart a program which has long since collected dust. Criticism aside, lets all try and focus on doing what we can to make the Pathfinder: Spartan group a relevant and positive experience for all involved or associated.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Errr.....so theres no discussion allowed acog?
        Sounds about right :D

Lowspeed: Ive no farking idea what REME or SBS are hahaha. Im gonna go with: Really Excitable Moms Everyhwere, and Special Boat Service.
        Nihility

Comment

All I'm saying here Soupy is let the new program speak for itself when it has the chance to mature. The admin team has not even had a chance at recruiting new members (part of the reason for the PF event on Saturday), so don't throw it under the bus before it even has a chance to get started. We all know that the PF group ceased being effective and relevant, and here we have a great chance to start it fresh with no preconceived notions - this is a different group, made up of different players. Give them a chance.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

For the sake of national security...*shrug*
            REME as you've put it is err...correct and the other is Shaky Boat Squadron. :P

In case you've forgotten;
            All SBS can hold their breath underwater for three days (selection criteria).
            All have to have dark green and black camouflage tattoos on their faces.
            All can speak fluent dolphin 'click click' language.
            One phase of SBS selection is "The Way of the Molusc" in which they have to fight to the death with an Octopus.
            All of the staff at sealife centres are ex-SBS.
            Most ex-SBS have evolved gills and have donated their lungs to the NHS.
            Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 09-02-2010, 08:54 AM. Reason: reminding info for soupy

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

You can have a discussion Soupy, Acog is just pointing out that alot of the things that you mentioned have explicitly looked into not only by myself as a current Spartan, but the entire admin staff.

We want to avoid any stigma that might come along with being a part of a group such as this. Thats why we have this post, this thread/discussion, front page news article. We want this program to be as transparent as it can be. This is a community effort. The PF's cant live without the community. That is the first and last thing they think about in everything they do. Because of that, the snobbish, elite attitudes will be non existant.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

In the words of an actor who played einstein in CNCRA2, "Sooner or later, time will tell".
                Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                  In the words of an actor who played einstein in CNCRA2, "Sooner or later, time will tell".
                  Yes, time will tell. And I hope you are here when it does so you can see just how much this program means to us and the community.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I never thought while in school that tutors (students, who help younger, newer students with the school and things related to school) was some elitist group. I see the pathfinders as a tutor too. This is how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm happy that such a large community as TG we can have someone helping with newer members. What comes to name / pach / logo, I don't mind it all. Atleast I know who is capable and willing to help if I for example have something in mind. And if I see a spartan or PF tag in my FTL's / SL's name for example, I know that he is capable to lead his troops. Again, I don't find this a bad thing.
                    sigpic
                    "Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
                    -F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

Comment

Originally posted by Antiik View Post
                      I never thought while in school that tutors (students, who help younger, newer students with the school and things related to school) was some elitist group. I see the pathfinders as a tutor too. This is how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong!
                      What's that old saying about a hammer and a nail head? :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                        What's that old saying about a hammer and a nail head? :)
                        Hit the nail on the head.
                        sigpic
                        Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

I just find it unique that trying to do the right thing, showing leadership and promoting TG is snobbish....... Yes the Pathfinder program has faltered during Arma2 days, that could have been for any number of reasons, either way new the new PF home is built; please I understand the ridicule but to go on and on about it really shows true light and really shows an attempt in my eyes as de-railment. Open discussion and questions about the Pathfinders is fantastic but jabs at something constantly is not really helpful or providing questions.
                          Last edited by Jack Bauer; 09-02-2010, 12:14 PM. Reason: made it so not so inflammatory

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Having been around from before the pathfinder group started, I can say I wasnt a fan of the group ans I always seen the pathfinder group, as an elite group with only admins and friends of admins getting in, who would from time to time use some magic power to decide they want something without involving the rest of the TG, which cause a split, I know the idea of pathfinder was to pick leaders who will help everyone but that never happened. What i always witnessed was the pathfinder group defending their group saying its not an elite group, while everyone else saying it was (same is happening in these forums) and so spawned the saying "the non elitists elite group".

This is the second (or third) time Ive seen the pathfinder group try to restart, each time the same thing happens, the only difference this time is now your have a new name.

Although saying this I will wait and see, you could finally have it all sorted out and the pathfinder group will be something worth working for, or in a year or so we will have another thread up restarting the group..

Anyway goodluck with it.
                            Last edited by AdeptAbyss; 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                              Having been around from before the pathfinder group started, I can say I wasnt a fan of the group ans I always seen the pathfinder group, as an elite group with only admins and friends of admins getting in, who would from time to time use some magic power to decide they want something without involving the rest of the group, which cause a split, I know the idea of pathfinder was to pick leaders who will help everyone but that never happened. What i always witnessed was the pathfinder group defending their group saying its not an elite group, while everyone else saying it was (same is happening in these forums) and so spawned the saying "the non elitists elite group".

This is the second (or third) time Ive seen the pathfinder group try to restart, each time the same thing happens, the only difference this time is now your have a new name.

Although saying this I will wait and see, you could finally have it all sorted out and the pathfinder group will be something worth working for, or in a year or so we will have another thread up restarting the group..

Anyway goodluck with it.

You know you used to be apart of the 4th right, back with Ednos and Sloppy Joe and Gogeta right?? They are Pathfinders, the ones who showed leadership and what it meant to be apart of TG and to do the right thing, keep the player standards up. It seems to me according to
                              this xml page alot of those people are the ones who got me into playing Arma, showed me what TG arma is all about. So saying those people along with the ones that are trying to restore this program, albeit a third time, are elitist for displaying what TG is, then yes, you can call me an elitist as well, and it shows me that, even though youve been here for three years, you really are unaware of TG and its player standards as well.

YES, a lot of things slipped and was lacking in Arma2, were correcting that, if people can come to grips with stuff taking time and non-instant gratification then i guess there is nothing this admin team and the Pathfinders can do for a player thinking this way.....the only thing that the Pathfinders can do is lead by example and if that gets them 'stoned' in the forums for being elitist for showing maturity and leadership on the forums and in game...then so be it, im an elitist then as well, because I will show what it is to be TG!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Its not a jab at you Adept, but being called an elitist for showing TG standards is just mindbogglingly, and in reference to three years: You should know by now what TG is and what TG stands for, that is why i was making that reference.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X