TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

that could have been that there wasnt really people here that exhibited Pathfinder qualities and TG Player Standards and thus have found other homes
    Jesus christ jack, for someone that says they wont point out examples and lower themselves to that level because your a pathfinder you really do a good job of doing the opposite.

Just say what you want to say, or stop tip toeing around it, hinting at what you mean.
    Nihility

Comment

?? Tip toe around what? Pointing out that the majority of people that were told to leave for reasons that were not true, and who really had no inclination of TG and how TG works? I dont know Im confused b/c you only posted part of that sentence...the other part was:
      or it could be that the remaining 'old gaurd' just couldnt put the time into it arma like they used to.
      which means they couldn't show all the new people that were coming to TG, what TG really is. This is a community soup, not just Arma and a lot of folks didnt realize that.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Pointing out that the majority of people that were told to leave for reasons that were not true
        People were told to leave? I thought the official story that got passed onto asch was that only 1 person was told to leave.
        Another fine example of smoke screens, cloak and dagger, behind closed doors meetings.
        lack of transparency killed the pathfinders. Who were they? What did they do? When will they do anything!? Oh they did do something? Well no one ever heard of it, because no one was ever told.
        I personally can guarentee that since arma2's release ive spent as much, if not more, time teaching people how to use ACE (and stock) stuff while rambling around domination maps with low server pop. Wheres my super xml? Even if i was given one i wouldnt want it. Sure rewarding people who help others is a good thing but unfortunately taints peoples motives.
        Nihility

Comment

Let's make sure we can keep this discussion on the right track fellas.

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
          lack of transparency killed the pathfinders. Who were they? What did they do? When will they do anything!? Oh they did do something? Well no one ever heard of it, because no one was ever told.
          You bring up some good points Soupy. I think what the admins are trying to get at is a way to identify and recognize individuals that represent leadership in the TG ArmA community and demonstrate TG's values.

So let's figure out how we can accomplish this.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Know what, this isnt the place for this, I'm removing my post to stop this hopefully.

Everyone has views on the pathfinder group, you know mine I know yours they arnt the same but that shouldnt matter.

Ive stood by TG for 3 years in thick and thin, I'm gonna continue to do so for awhile longer. I wish the admins luck with the pathfinder group, it will be hard to change people minds on it mine included, but atleast they are trying.
            Last edited by AdeptAbyss; 09-02-2010, 01:04 PM. Reason: Stoping the pointless flaming

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Way to many people took the flame bait in this thread. I almost did myself. Everyone just remember - it's only a game, this is only a forum, and this is the Internet. Take it easy.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

NO that is not what I am saying, the reference to the amount of time you were here, and what your post meant to me is that it is bad to be recognized for doing the right thing, and with the statement of the 4th, ALOT of those guys bleed TG player standards; and for the amount of time, like I indicated was meant to imply that you should know better than to 'bite your tongue' and know how to get things done here (i.e. CAA threads and giving constructive criticism). TG is open and there are MANY ways to get your ideas and how you feel the community should go, but a lot of times people, including myself, do not go about it the right way.

I am passionate about TG and sometimes it comes off as arrogant and brash, and for that I apologize not only to you, Adept, but to everyone.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Spyder's got the right idea: all drama between UO and TG aside, this "Spartan" program, despite having a terribly silly name, could be a step in the right direction. Could be.

Admins, you'll have to understand the skepticism in this thread as an observation of dormancy. If, as you say, "Spartan" will mean more than a locked Teamspeak channel and a fancy badge (like, say, organizing missions, events, taking the time out of game to teach new players), then I'm all for it! What TG needs right now is a strong and dedicated backbone, not another cliquey group, and if Spartans offer the former and not the latter than I'm all on-board.

There's been a lot of negativity in this thread, only partly levied at the idea of this group. The bickering on both sides needs to stop before this community is going to patch itself together.

Comment

@Adept & @Jack...

You two are simply coming at this from different perspectives, neither one is wrong. It's simply how you see the pathfinders (past/present/future).

As I mentioned in the earlier post, the goal is to identify and recognize individuals that represent leadership in the TG ArmA community and demonstrate TG's values. This is how the pathfinders were first born. This concept has existed in other titles prior to ArmA. We're always looking for ways to improve upon the system.

It sounds like some have concerns. It's ok to raise those concerns, but let's not call it quits or be apathetic because there are concerns. Let's discuss those and figure out resolutions.
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

All you people need to chill out, its this kind of drama that makes me not want to play on the TG server. I come here to have fun, for the most part I get that. TG is suppose to be about a mature community, and I can see with the restoration of the Pathfinders the admins are trying to get it back on track. Rather than have your little 3 year old discussions back a forth, how about both SIDES put for some suggestion that you think will improve the program and TG at large.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        If, as you say, "Spartan" will mean more than a locked Teamspeak channel and a fancy badge (like, say, organizing missions, events, taking the time out of game to teach new players), then I'm all for it!
                        Good start and good feedback. What else would folks like to see out of the pathfinders? What should they be doing and what should they represent?
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Rather than have your little 3 year old discussions back a forth
                          Yeah, discuss nothing. Just accept things that are implemented without question.

Go back to bed TG, your pathfinders are in control. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed TG, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it
                          Nihility

Comment

Soupy we got it, the pathfinders in the past have been absolute crap, useless and for the most part not here. I got that on page one. Three more pages of them saying they suck is not a discussion. What I'm asking is if you have ideas to improve them please post them.

Comment

Folks... let's stop the quoting wars. These aren't constructive.
                              |TG-12th| asch
                              sigpic

Comment

I didnt make any refference in my last post to the pathfinders being "absolute crap". I was reffering to your comment regarding discussing this.
                                If you think that the pathfinders in the past were "absolute crap" then ill take it your not in favour of "The Old Guard" idea?
                                Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X