Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
    If, as you say, "Spartan" will mean more than a locked Teamspeak channel and a fancy badge (like, say, organizing missions, events, taking the time out of game to teach new players), then I'm all for it! What TG needs right now is a strong and dedicated backbone, not another cliquey group, and if Spartans offer the former and not the latter than I'm all on-board.
    This

This has my stamp of approval. This is what the pathfinders need to be.

pathfinders need to be involving everyone, not locking down a server for them to play. They are meant to be the leaders of TG. They should be showing this by leading everyone not their group.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I personally think that there are certain members of the admin team that would be better off not to be interacting with the community right now. But then again, they are, our admin team.

Sorry Jack, but every time you post on the forums the level of anger and spite that comes out in each of your posts is beyond scathing. From knowing you, being in an IHS with you, being on the same Admin team and talking with you practically nightly over admin issues, I know that you are a completely different and reasonable person on Teamspeak. But for the love of the community and what little is left, quit posting on the forums until you can let it all go. Your taking too much of this as way to personal.
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

I would like that pathfinders to be a lot more open than they were in the past. At most I only ever saw one or two pathfinders. I also never liked the pathfinder only events that we had in the past(I know you could get invited to them if you weren't a pathfinder). To much separation of the community. I would also like the pathfinders kept separate from the admin team. The admins should be there for there current job. Keeping the server running, overall direction of the community and dealing with problems that arise from all that. The pathfinders should be a mentor program. Helping new players get acclimated to the way TG runs things. Pushing people to step up to leadership roles, helping people with technical aspects of the game ect.

Comment

In defense of Jack....

If you know him to be a good guy in person, then give him the benefit of the doubt regarding the written form.

True story, here it is:

For 3 years I worked on a long distance network project for a large UK - German book distributor and my German counterpart was a guy called Thomas. Every time I received an email or project update from him I would "hear" in my head this guy screaming in my face in a high pitched German voice mostly because of the way he wrote to me.

Eventually after 12 months of the project I am forced to go and do an onsite examination of the server clusters and I jump on a plane hating every minute of it, eventually I meet "Thomas The Bastard German" and meet for the first time a guy who would go on to be one of my best friends for many years to come, and he has one of the slowest deepest "Dirty Harry" voices I have ever heard.

However, even today when he writes on my Facebook I hear a high piched German guy screaming in my face just because of the nature of his writing style.

It's the written form, what you bring to the reading will dictate how you perceive the post.

Unless we want to live in Facebook land with :( :( :) :) LOLZA!!! every second line so nobody gets the wrong idea...

Comment

RE Pathfinders:

I considered the Pathfinders to be a kind of in house squad, hence my total aversion and refusal to join, a glance over my application for events will show that I never identified with the group even though I think i was a member by default.

All of this was for one reason only.

An admin should be an island of impartiality and showing preference to any individual or group breaks that bond of trust between the admin and a player.

However, I am alone in this outlook, but I also recognize the democratic nature of decision making and will support in every way I can the Spartan's.

Comment

This is merely a graphical suggestion of the logo, as I do look forward to see what these new Spartans have to offer to a newbie like me, but wouldn't having a shield on the logo make more sense having the torch and wing, considering the motto and all? Maybe have a shield with the torch and wing on it?

Comment

So with that in mind, I believe that every Spartan should have to undertake and qualify in the ability to train in units of one, new players in:

Weapon Handling.
                Orienteering both visual and navigation.
                Basic vehicle control land, air and sea.
                The use of squad command.

Comment

And.....................breathe.

As many have said, and I will reiterate for the last time guys, we are announcing this to let you know that we will be running with the pathfinder idea. BUT we also want feedback. Now, no one has said anything wrong, but please, try and drop any attitudes and keep it constructive. The volatile use of the written word has been explained.

As Scope said, we have had the PF's for a while, and they will not be just a badge, they WILL be there to organise events, lead the community, lead missions. They are a badge of honour, run by the COMMUNITY not the admins. Just shoot ideas up and we can see what will work from a practical point of view. The issue we had with the original PF's was it was a lot of work and it just fell away. We don't intend to let that happen here. We intend to have the "Old Guard" - members who in the past have done great things for TG, in many cases before some of you joined TG. The "Spartans" are the new, active, vibrant section of the community. That should be as simple as not. No elitism. Being in the PF's give you obligations, not just a shiny badge.

Give us feedback, give us ideas. Lets stop the name calling and all that. The PFs are intended to be a community initiative, supporting and guiding the guys, new or old. Leading training, organising matches, making missions.

Comment

This is going to sound all hippy and esoteric, but I'll say it anyway:

I have already benefited from many Pathfinders... even though many didn't have the title, XML, badge, etc. They were still Pathfinders, in my mind, because they simply *DID* what I envision a Pathfinder should do.

They built missions, investigated mods and other technical issues, were patient with the new player, asked "who is admin?" when the server needed some direction, cracked a good joke at just the right time, kept the game moving. They said hello when I logged on. They wrote AARs. They scheduled events. They created tutorials/screenshots/videos. They filed bugs.

Those are Pathfinders, and they have always been very, very active. They haven't gone anywhere, they're still DOING what needs to be done. They don't do it for an XML or a badge, and an XML/badge isn't going to make them Pathfinders.

...to them, I say: thanks, man.

...I shall now sing kumbaya while doing mantric breathing exercises and staring at a candle.

Comment

as a member since arma1 days I reserve the right to say to you: stop all the negativity....and start playing....once you start playing together might will realise that we can actually all get along!!!!!
                      So recap, less posting more playing!!! Cya all tonight!

sigpic

Comment

Lets just hope that this Pathfinders group won't end up with a pathfinder coming into a channel and demanding that a mission be restarted because he was a pathfinder and he wanted to play...

Comment

Originally posted by Rampart_CH View Post
                          So recap, less posting more playing!!!
                          Maybe the new motto.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                            Maybe the new motto.
                            I don't think that would be smart. I think the "Spartans" should be active in both forum and game.

Comment

Lets stop the pointless trolling from both sides please.

Its really quite childish

and u guys are realllly bad at it

Comment

I dont think the majority of posts here were trolling. I hate when discussion and debate gets pawned off by posts saying "How immature, stop disagreeing with me. Because you are disagreeing with me your trolling".
                                Transparency and discussion, 2 words that could be utilized alot more around here.

To recap on what i was trying to get across: If this is implemented correctly and people dont begin helping others for the sole purpose of being in the group then itll be a success.
                                Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X