• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dredge
    replied
    Re: TG Pathfinder Restoration Program

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
    One important thing I'd like to see the Pathfinder system address is the communication gap between the player base and the admin team. If part of the "job" of designated Pathfinders would be to report broken missions, problem players or incidents, provide abject testimony during arguments, and liaison community complaints regarding mods, servers, or games, then that could be a solid reason to look specifically to PFs in games.
    Great point scope. That has also been specifically looked into with this new program as well.

Leave a comment:

• azzwort
    replied

Originally posted by Gill View Post
    [/COLOR]Suggestions from someone who hasn't been able to play with my favorite TG community since getting my new job:

> Name confusion: Pathfinders? Spartans? Pathfinder Spartans? Either keep the Pathfinder name, or switch it to Spartans. The addition of "Spartans" gives it a redundant "group-within-a-group" feel.

> You're either an admin, or a Pathfinder. Not both.

> Do away with the private forum. Pathfinders should be an in-game designation of players willing to lead. Admins worry about the direction of the game and share their ideas with the community in large. If you want a private forum, create an in-house squad. Even as an admin I barely tolerated the "we're a special community and get to have a say on what the admins are doing". A Pathfinder designation should have been and should have STAYED as a pat on the back and recognition to other players that the Pathfinder-tagged player knows what he/she's doing.

> Alternatively, do away with the group. Create a course administered by volunteers that (perhaps the TG University thing, if that exists) that teaches players how to squad lead - among other various activities that may fall under a "Pathfinder" tag. Create a fancy little ribbon and permission to add some random letters to the in-game tag. Doing away with players being "selected" to join the Pathfinders does away with any notion of elitism. You either get off your ass and attend the course, or you don't. The onus is upon you.
    [/COLOR]

Sorry for being blunt. I know how annoying it is to spend time on something, release it to the community, and have said community laugh and tear it apart with criticism. Just take it for what it is and don't take it personal. :)
    i agree with all of this!
    Last edited by azzwort; 09-03-2010, 11:15 PM. Reason: desided TFP wasn't the only group that did those things...

Leave a comment:

• Sc[ + ]pe
    replied

One important thing I'd like to see the Pathfinder system address is the communication gap between the player base and the admin team. If part of the "job" of designated Pathfinders would be to report broken missions, problem players or incidents, provide abject testimony during arguments, and liaison community complaints regarding mods, servers, or games, then that could be a solid reason to look specifically to PFs in games.

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
    I think hes getting at that the pathfinders were more of a private club who got special privileges and private forums, they acted more like an invite only IHS than a group of people showing the best of TG
    Ahhhhhh. Ok. Yeah, thats one of the things that we are making extra sure we address. The PF's are not going to be the "cool guy" club. They are going to be our whipping boys pretty much. ;)

No, but seriously. Alot of the flaws that have been brought up about the program have been specifically addressed and worked so this new group will be what we as admins, and you as community members want/need. They are not here for themselves, and will focus on the community.

Leave a comment:

• AdeptAbyss
    replied

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
    I'm confused a bit. The PF have a private forum that is setup like an IHS forum. They can't see the admin forums, and have no say on admin stuff. The PF's ARE going to be tagged in game (hence the [Spartan 3] callsign thing.

Alot of the things that you mentioned Gill are in the OP. So I'm slightly confused at what you are trying to say. Could you elaborate more?

I think hes getting at that the pathfinders were more of a private club who got special privileges and private forums, they acted more like an invite only IHS than a group of people showing the best of TG

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

I'm confused a bit. The PF have a private forum that is setup like an IHS forum. They can't see the admin forums, and have no say on admin stuff. The PF's ARE going to be tagged in game (hence the [Spartan 3] callsign thing.

Alot of the things that you mentioned Gill are in the OP. So I'm slightly confused at what you are trying to say. Could you elaborate more?

Leave a comment:

• johnflenaly
    replied

Originally posted by Gill View Post

> Do away with the private forum.

Pathfinders should be an in-game designation of players willing to lead. Admins worry about the direction of the game and share their ideas with the community in large. If you want a private forum, create an in-house squad. Even as an admin I barely tolerated the "we're a special community and get to have a say on what the admins are doing". A Pathfinder designation should have been and should have STAYED as a pat on the back and recognition to other players that the Pathfinder-tagged player knows what he/she's doing.
    I fully support this idea!
    Last edited by Dredge; 09-03-2010, 08:20 PM. Reason: Bad Quote Code

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied

[/COLOR]Suggestions from someone who hasn't been able to play with my favorite TG community since getting my new job:

> Name confusion: Pathfinders? Spartans? Pathfinder Spartans? Either keep the Pathfinder name, or switch it to Spartans. The addition of "Spartans" gives it a redundant "group-within-a-group" feel.

> Do away with the private forum. Pathfinders should be an in-game designation of players willing to lead. Admins worry about the direction of the game and share their ideas with the community in large. If you want a private forum, create an in-house squad. Even as an admin I barely tolerated the "we're a special community and get to have a say on what the admins are doing". A Pathfinder designation should have been and should have STAYED as a pat on the back and recognition to other players that the Pathfinder-tagged player knows what he/she's doing.

> Alternatively, do away with the group. Create a course administered by volunteers that (perhaps the TG University thing, if that exists) that teaches players how to squad lead - among other various activities that may fall under a "Pathfinder" tag. Create a fancy little ribbon and permission to add some random letters to the in-game tag. Doing away with players being "selected" to join the Pathfinders does away with any notion of elitism. You either get off your ass and attend the course, or you don't. The onus is upon you.
    [/COLOR]

Sorry for being blunt. I know how annoying it is to spend time on something, release it to the community, and have said community laugh and tear it apart with criticism. Just take it for what it is and don't take it personal. :)
    Last edited by Gill; 09-03-2010, 06:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

Everyone Please Watch.

Leave a comment:

• Soupy_Norman
    replied

Yeah i know, i just hate when people call for everyone to stop "trolling" when all their doing is discussing and arguing.
    ANd lets not forget that arguing doesnt have to mean pounding your keyboard with both fists. One of its definitions is
    To attempt to prove by reasoning; maintain or contend

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
    Transparency and discussion, 2 words that could be utilized alot more around here.
    Soupy, this entire thread is about discussion. The original post was about the transparency of the PF program. This entire thread has proved your 2 quoted points for you.

Leave a comment:

• Soupy_Norman
    replied

I dont think the majority of posts here were trolling. I hate when discussion and debate gets pawned off by posts saying "How immature, stop disagreeing with me. Because you are disagreeing with me your trolling".
    Transparency and discussion, 2 words that could be utilized alot more around here.

To recap on what i was trying to get across: If this is implemented correctly and people dont begin helping others for the sole purpose of being in the group then itll be a success.

Leave a comment:

• Corporal_Cody
    replied

Lets stop the pointless trolling from both sides please.

Its really quite childish

and u guys are realllly bad at it

Leave a comment:

• h3killa
    replied

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
    Maybe the new motto.
    I don't think that would be smart. I think the "Spartans" should be active in both forum and game.

Leave a comment:

• tHa_KhAn
    replied

Originally posted by Rampart_CH View Post
    So recap, less posting more playing!!!
    Maybe the new motto.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse