Extremely unnoficial basic infantry / fireteam operations class thing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely unnoficial basic infantry / fireteam operations class thing

I was going over the doing this with Zedic a good couple of weeks ago, but sadly due to inability to get our schedules matched previous to my pc's death it never went ahead.

So i read up a bit on military doctrines through various links and learned a little thing here and there. So now I'm going to do this myself ( and if by chance Zed reads and can attend, I wholeheartedly beg / ask nicely for him to help me out! )

What the class will be

2 nights, approximate 1hr 30mins - 2 hrs.
    Friday night, 10pm GMT, think that's 5pm Est, not sure

The class will cover basic combat drills and maneuvers at the fireteam level, as such it will also cover fireteam
    Makeup, organisation and all those little things you need to know like formations and procedures if things go to not nice places.

The second night will also throw in MOUT operations including breaching, clearing manoeuvres and all the other jazz you'd expect to help you stay Alive in a concrete jungle.

Requirements - desire to lean.

If you are interested please post below with your

Ingame name:
    IHS ( unaffiliated if none ):
    Willingness to be guinea pig:

I've previously spoken to admins about this ( not you though, Dredge, sorry! ) and they seemed
    Keen on the idea, so if server space can be acquired for tomorrow night and people are up for it I may do it then.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

As mentioned above, this is totally unofficial and not a TGU thing, so no badges for doing it sadly, just longer lifetimes ingame :P

Re: Extremely unnoficial basic infantry / fireteam operations class thing

Heya if you need any help running this thing then give me a pm.

ps. Is Zedic still around???? Havent heard him sing in ages!!!

sigpic

Comment

So, is this class going to be this Friday and next Friday at the same time?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

If the first night is this Friday, fingers crossed, yes.

Comment

let us know what time you want to do this and a server shall be yours :)

Comment

Also, please start a CAA thread so you can outline what you need from us as far as the server stuff, PW, TS etc.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Ingame name:CorpDuty
              IHS ( unaffiliated if none ):unaffiliated
              Willingness to be guinea pig:sure...?
              |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

I would love to attend this, might brush up on some well needed skills!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

One days notice, is pretty short. Especially for signups during the prime time on a Friday night. That being said I am sure something can be worked out.
                  The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

It is short, so instead of signups we can do impromtu if need be. Put up a server, and whomever shows up shows up. Its up to you Jay, tell us what you need brotha.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I think Zedic is busy with getting ready to start taking classes and such, The only time I've seen him on is on his laptop in a Starbucks (which im always ready to throughly make fun of for being in a Starbucks) But I think he should still have access to his desktop.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

In game name: Unkl
                        IHS: unaffiliated
                        Willingness to be a guinea pig: Wilco

5pm EST can do.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

If the desire for is great enough and (as suggested above) server space would be available I'll do tomorrow night (or technically tonight now) if not, will be next week.

If I can get 4 guys minimum along I'll do it, basically just enough to form one full Fireteam.

Comment

Jacezz, if the numbers are short. I'll fill in to get the class going.
                            Let me know via PM.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Allright, here's the deal,

At 9:30pm gmt (2130) I will go about broadcasting to players on that i will be doing this shortly.

If a good couple are interested, thunderbirds are go.

If not, I'll jazz up the advertisement thread and make it look uber pro ( iPhones just aren't awesome for this kind of thing sadly ) and schedule in for next Friday.
                              Last edited by Jacezz; 09-03-2010, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X