What: A basic introduction to;

Movement,
    Employment of Arms,
    Entry,
    Clearing,
    Fighting Positions,
    Communication.

Why:

MOUT combat is one of the most stressful and knife edge types of combat you could possibly encounter as an Infantryman in the sim world of ARMA. Inefficient, dangerous or lack of knowledge of working procedure can mean the difference between clearing a room sucessfully or fratricide.

When:

I am hoping to run this class at 23:00 (11pm) GMT / 18:00 (6pm) EST. On Friday, 10th of September.

Length - Approx 1hr 30 mins, will take a bio / cig break midway.

Requirements:

Show up 10 - 15 mins previous to Class start so that we can get rolling on time, I will go around TS messaging to advertise around 30mins prior to startoff time.

You do not need to sign up in advance, simply show up.

I will run this class if I achieve an attendance of at least 4 people. If less than attend I will postpone for another time.

Note:

This is an Unnoficial Non TGU course run entirely by myself voluntarily. There are no pin rewards for taking part sadly. Just lots of knowledge and know how.

Course will comprise of Instructed practice followed by practice runs in a live fire MOUT course and rounded off with real game experience against AI.

You will require ACE2 to be enabled and patched for this class. Please remember that Friday is patchday, hence for smoothness of class running please ensure that you update at your earliest convenience on the day.

Requests on my part

Should you wish to help out, I would be most appreciative to have a volunteer or two to act the role of OPFOR in demonstrating effectiveness of procedures and dangers of ignoring them.

Also going forward should this class be successful I would like to run further into the topics of

Fixed Wing Training.
    Rotary Wing Training.
    Sniper Training, inclusive of Sniping within built up areas.

If you are particularly experienced in any of the above and willing to help Instruct please do let me know, as I am all but amateur with Fixed and Rotary wings and proper sniping technique applicable to ARMA.

I am also currently working on running an introduction to leadership class and would much appreciate help in that regard should you have anything to offer.
    Last edited by Jacezz; 09-06-2010, 02:36 PM.

Re: Unnoficial Fireteam operations - MOUT Class

I would gladly join but the starting time is just too late for me (01.00am here)
    sigpic
    Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolauska View Post
      I would gladly join but the starting time is just too late for me (01.00am here)
      Agree, But I'll try to come!
      sigpic
      "Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
      -F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

Comment

Unable to attend, 3pm, would still be at work.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

For you guys that can't make it due to time restraints - let me know if you would like me to run the course at a time more suitable for you, if I can get a couple of guys on the same time zone and availablity, I'll do another at a time that's good for you.

Currently scheduled time is based on the turnout of last, received several JIP's as night went on, so scheduled one hour later than last weeks.

Have also been given Admin go ahead on this.

Comment

I'm game, but I will confirm my attendance as the week progresses (work).

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
              For you guys that can't make it due to time restraints - let me know if you would like me to run the course at a time more suitable for you, if I can get a couple of guys on the same time zone and availablity, I'll do another at a time that's good for you.

Currently scheduled time is based on the turnout of last, received several JIP's as night went on, so scheduled one hour later than last weeks.

Have also been given Admin go ahead on this.
              If you could make it couple hours earlier in weekends. It would be awesome.
              sigpic
              Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Friday 6pmEST sounds perfect to me. Later is no problem as well.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'll try my best to make it, depending on work.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
                    Sniper Training, inclusive of Sniping within built up areas.
                    Wookiee School is a perfect choice for a "live-fire exercise." Post training session of course.

Comment

I'll attend the class.

Comment

This is now live!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks all for coming, sorry my net died out at the end :/

As mentioned - send pm with your email for copy of my reference notes and link to related Field Manual the class was based on!

Comment

Enjoyed that very much. Personally, I have a couple more boat loads of patience so being thorough & detailed is a big bonus. I can see the benefit of belonging to a regular squad here. Even if you switch up roles you'd all have the same communication style down. Looking forward to the notes & Field Manual.
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm sorry I missed it. :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse