New Server Layout/Rotation Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Server Layout/Rotation Poll

The Admin Team has been talking for sometime now and we have something that we would like to present to you, the community, for feedback and voting.

This is what we are proposing:

TG:ArmA will have a server rotation for weekday play and weekend play. Basically, during the week (Mon-Fri) Bravo server will be open to the public and will only require ACE to play on. Saturday and Sunday, Bravo will be locked down and will require all of the normal TG Mods.

So, we are asking you guys if this is something you would like to try out. This poll will be open till next Friday, and we will go with majority rules.

Info: *will update as we get more questions*

Will this require me to change my mod line?
    No

Will I have to download anything extra?
    No

Will we be able to play on all the maps during the week?
    No. You will only have the standard maps that came with ArmA/OA

As always, please explain if you vote no so we can see if there might be some ways we can adjust fire and try to make as many of you happy with the setup that we can. Also, feel free to post idea's, feedback, gripes, questions, etc. The Admins will do our best to answer everything we can as quickly as we can.
    Yes
    34.78%
    No
    65.22%

The poll is expired.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: New Server Layout/Rotation Poll

I voted no - there's too many missions I like that are on maps not in the standard arma/oa list. Only being able to play them at weekends wouldn't be awesome :/

That said there's only a few of em playable with our current headcount per night.

Comment

Your wording on this makes it look like we would only be using the maps that were "shipped" with OA, and use only OA content. Not the custom missions that were created for OA. Clarification please, unless you want to see this as a server killer, as mentioned in my other replies.

--edit-- John, that was not one of the options available in this poll, although it was a raised topic before this was created.
      Last edited by Impulse 9; 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM.
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Keep the server as is with all maps, just unlock the thing!

Comment

Just for the record:

Maps = ISLANDS

Missions = MISSIONS

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Personally I like using non standard islands and it is fairly easy to download ACE & TGmaps via your auto URL in AddonSync. I'm not sure about unlocking as having it locked encourages players to get on TS.

If you are going to try something like this then maybe encourage players to use the Alpha server during the week and keep Bravo for weekends.
            [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

I voted no, I think the current setup is fine. The ease of use with Yoma in my mind makes this change unnecessary. The current layout seems to be serving us fine, as both servers are currently being utilized depending on what style of play is desired. Alpha has been and should continue to be a stepping stone to Bravo, and TG membership.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

the reason i voted yes is because i would love to see more people on bravo. if this means restricting the play of some maps to appeal to a larger player base, then im all for it
                |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

I think Bravo should be left as is. We are an open community, but at the same time not (I hope you guys understand what I mean by that). I feel access to the Bravo server should be restricted to TG members.

However, I feel that Alpha could be utilized more in regards to what you're talking about. Maybe instead of changing Bravo around, we could be encouraging more people to play on Alpha (because it's unlocked and, as ACOG mentioned, a gateway into the community) during the week (and maybe adding ACE, depending on how people think about the idea). I know the few times in the past couple weeks I have played on Alpha we have had a few people join in with us "because there were people to play with on a mission other than domination or warfare" and we have actually gained a few members as a result.

I don't think a restriction like this would be too beneficial to the community at this point in time. However, I do like the intention of this type of change. We do need to try to alter some things to rebuild our player base. I know I personally have no problem playing around on Alpha during the week. And so long as there really aren't too many missions that are removed (because the map it was on is not there) I don't think this could be too big a problem for other players either. ((No, I'm not trying to speak for anyone. If I am wrong, please let me know. ^_^ ))

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                    Your wording on this makes it look like we would only be using the maps that were "shipped" with OA, and use only OA content. Not the custom missions that were created for OA. Clarification please, unless you want to see this as a server killer, as mentioned in my other replies.

--edit-- John, that was not one of the options available in this poll, although it was a raised topic before this was created.
                    Oh ok well I thought I would offer a suggestion, but still no keep it as is. My thing is I hate playing without ace, it being a popular mod would it be wise to leave bravo as is. Locked with all our extra goodies, and have alpha be opened with stock [email protected]/OA but with ace on?

Comment

You basically just described the setup for the weekly bravo.

WEEKLY BRAVO WILL HAVE ACE BUT NO @TGMaps

WEEKEND BRAVO WILL HAVE ACE WITH @TGMaps

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I did didn't I, so much for reading comprehension. Do we use anyother mods other than ACE? So were only talking about limiting to stock maps during the week. So can I change my answer to YES. Personally I don't understand the locking of the server, as far as I've seen no other game servers supported here at TG are locked. The only exceptions being events. I think we should adopt a similar model here. With the recent loss in players, I think we should have a better way for players to get there foot in the door. Locking closes the community to the public, with the way comms are now 90% of it is over von anyways. TS is really kind of just a pre mission chit chat channel, and its really not that hard to get people to use it anyways. This might present a few admins issues like what to do with problem players when all we have online is voted admins, but I think that might be minor.

So yeah I say yes with the exception of the weekand lock, we can leave that for pathfinder event's.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                          So were only talking about limiting to stock maps during the week.
                          Just to clarify, the point behind removing @TGMaps during the week with the server unlocked is to avoid the situation where someone attempts to join but doesn't have the correct map available because they have not been to TG before. Locking the server at any point would require a person to get the password which most likely would put them in contact with our YOMA link.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

No, why would we turn bravo into another public vanilla server? We allready have the Alpha server for that purpose.
                            And if the aim is to get more fresh blood by making us play on an open vanilla server my answer is still no.
                            In my opinion Bravo has been more active then it has been in a while, so why mess with it?

Alex

Comment

Not vanilla alex. It would still run ACE

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X