Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marines give pass-over on m4's; Wheres my m16a4 now? Marines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marines give pass-over on m4's; Wheres my m16a4 now? Marines?

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...dates-091110w/

"As the Army moves to field more than 10,000 conversion kits designed to make the 5.56mm M4 deadlier and more reliable, the Marine Corps says it has no plans to update its inventory."

I swear everytime i ask about "where the m16a4 at??" in game and people say its no longer used and even the Marines are converting i RAAAGE. So finally! i have PROOF!

SO anyway can we PLEASE put m16a4's into domi and missions and start using some Marine skins again!!!??? It's my favorite gun and branch and im sick of seeing us use only the SCAR/Army units on missions. The army isnt even issuing SCAR's out to everyone! (last i checked)

(Oh the tears are so very delicious Daishi)

Re: Marines give pass-over on m4's; Wheres my m16a4 now? Marines?

Last i checked the m16 series was in domi....
    DOnt personally like the scar (in game) myself though. Too.....i dunno....weird.
    Love AUG's though :D Where they at!?
    Nihility

Comment

And why do you love AUG's? Because its your national gun.

Comment

Probably because its the only assault rifle ive fired, as opposed to because its my countrys primary weapon. If i could fire an SG1 id probably change my mind :D
        Nihility

Comment

Steyr AUG for the serious win.
          I have a Steyr AUG mod for ArmA its class rally nice sound too. Has a few variants of it.

Comment

Mate of mine, corporal, was teaching people how to use the m203 varient for a year and a half before he actually got the chance to fire it himself. PDF fail! hahaha.
            Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
              And why do you love AUG's? Because its your national gun.
              Operation Flashpoint had an AUG

Nostalgia perhaps? Maybe people want to see more bullpup assault rifles in the game? Or perhaps people just like scopes integrated into their guns.

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                Operation Flashpoint had an AUG

Nostalgia perhaps? Maybe people want to see more bullpup assault rifles in the game? Or perhaps people just like scopes integrated into their guns.
                Don't see where nostalgia could factor in when you have a rifle that looks cool, is accurate, has an integrated scope and is way more reliable than those crappy Colts. :icon_bigg:
                Although the Stery Aug is way outclassed in the coolness department by the israeli Tar-21, in my not so humble opinion. :p
                sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Merlo sorry but I must deprive from that. The Steyr AUG is THE coolest, sleekest, more futuristic and modern looking gun out there. The TAR-21 is fairly badass too, but doesn't hold a candle to the Steyr ;)

Yep I often used the Steyr in the original OFP it was very good. The gun is just very good simple as. Accurate, powerful, integrated scope, exchangeable barrels, bullpup, green.

Case closed :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ghdeter View Post
                    http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...dates-091110w/

"As the Army moves to field more than 10,000 conversion kits designed to make the 5.56mm M4 deadlier and more reliable, the Marine Corps says it has no plans to update its inventory."

I swear everytime i ask about "where the m16a4 at??" in game and people say its no longer used and even the Marines are converting i RAAAGE. So finally! i have PROOF!

SO anyway can we PLEASE put m16a4's into domi and missions and start using some Marine skins again!!!??? It's my favorite gun and branch and im sick of seeing us use only the SCAR/Army units on missions. The army isnt even issuing SCAR's out to everyone! (last i checked)

(Oh the tears are so very delicious Daishi)
                    Thank god for some sensibility. I was extremely worried that the Marine Corps was going over to the M4 Carbine...a terrible degradation in effectiveness would be a result of that.

Last I checked Ghdeter, the SCAR was an Army Rangers weapon. I don't believe the standard army grunt is issued anything but the M4 Carbine.

M16A4 is the rifle for the Corps, and until they change to another weapon with as much or more accuracy, I certainly hope it stays that way.

@ Soupy Norman: The M16 series is in ArmA, somewhat. Several variants are missing, all of which are Marine Corps issue weapons. (M16A4 + variety of modifications)
                    Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

ARMA and ARMA2 had the M16A4, but from what I could tell it was (in game) the M16A2 with a slightly different sound and more options for accessories. So... what are you guys saying? The game has an M16A4 but you want more M16A4 somehow?

That reminds me, does ACE's jam system activate randomly or is it independent for each weapon?

Comment

From what I can remeber, right now in ARMA 2 and ACE "and this is off the top of my head" You got m16a4 and 203 variant with no optics, and m16a4 and 203 variant with ACOgs. There are none with the red dot sight or HOLO sight.

Comment

There's one with a red dot sight, but unfortunately there is none with an M203 with dot sight. Same with the M4A1.

Also, I think that some guns with dot sights should have flip-up sights or something, like the HK416. When you look through the dot you can see the ironsight still and it likes to obstruct your view...

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                            That reminds me, does ACE's jam system activate randomly or is it independent for each weapon?
                            The ACE team is currently using a generic % chance system: every time a gun is fired, there n% chance that it will jam. Since the system does not distinguish between different weapons (although I think when fired on Burst/Auto the chance increases slightly), the % is kept low. So with the current system, a mint Ak-74 just given to a russian soldier has the same chance of jamming of a worn out and dirty M4.
                            sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I dunno where you see the M16A4 in ArmA2. Whenever I go into the gear loadouts for ACE, there's only the A1 and A2.
                              Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X