Unnoficial Fireteam Operations - Leadership Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnoficial Fireteam Operations - Leadership Class

What - An introduction to leading Fireteam sized elements including instruction in regards to Movement, Organisation, employment of arms, operating with your squad and Battlefield tactics. The course will also touch briefly on Radio SOP relevant to Squad Net and navigational skills.

Why - A lot of people would like to lead but just don't know the first thing about it or don't have the confidence to step up. This introduction to the Fireteam Leader is aimed to remedy this issue and prepare you to not only succeed in leading your fireteam, but to have fun doing so.

Requirements - I may introduce Team viewer remote desktop use for discussion of Tactics so that everyone see's the same map and situational makeup. Suggest a pen and paper also for jotting down any notes you may wish to take. Please note on TG it is highly recommended to have a mic in order to lead, In my opinion it is essential to have one for Fireteam leading. Therefore I suggest if you are serious about the class that you invest in one, it will make your life a lot easier and a lot more fun when you get into live play.

Lesson Plan

I expect this will likely take 2 lessons for a complete rundown of all you need to know, however 1 should be sufficient to go in and learn the rest the ol' fashioned way.

Lessons will be constructed of equal parts theory and practice. I will however labour on the fact that this will be theory intensive and practice will be laced with interrogative bursts of theory and discussion. My previous classes have been in depth and detailed - this will be no different.

When

I've been bogged down by RL of late, so I plan to run this class for it's first night on Friday the 1st of October at 2300 GMT / 1800 EST.

I will attempt to also run the first night the day after, Saturday the 2nd of October at 2000 GMT / 1500 EST if there is a demand for it.

Slotting up

Due to the intensive nature of teaching to lead I expect to require to be able to spend time individually with each participant, therefore each night will have a limited slots arrangement, a total of 4.

So with that...

Slots 01/10/10

1 - Unkl
    2 - Open
    3 - Open
    4 - Open

Slots 02/10/10

1 - |TG-18th|Nikolauska
    2 - Cutter
    3 - Open
    4 - Open

Free agents / reserves

Lorelei - Free, either night to fill slots

CorpDuty - Reserve

How to sign up

Reply to this post with

Name :
    Night :
    Previous Experience & skills in Arma (If any):

Please note you may not sign up for both nights, It is heavily suggested to near requirement that you are familiar with what a fireteam is and the basics of gameplay.

As this is unnoficial, slots will be first come first served with no queue skips for SMs or Pathfinders/Spartans. If you sign up but cannot make, please notify me by way of PM no later than 12 hours previous to class start.

If you fail to show on time you will be allowed a short grace period to show up, however should class be untowardly delayed your slot will be offered first come first serve present at the time. You will not be able to JIP later into this class if you do not show up in reasonable time.

If things go wrong, RL dawns with it's ugly face and you can't attend unexpectedly however, just let me know via PM and we can sort out another night, no worries.
    Last edited by Dredge; 09-22-2010, 04:24 PM.

Re: Unnoficial Fireteam Operations - Leadership Class

Name : |TG-18th|Nikolauska
    Night : 02/10/10
    Previous Experience & skills in Arma (If any): I can shoot enemies.
    sigpic
    Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Name : Cutter
      Night : Sat, 2/10/2010
      Previous Experience & skills in Arma (If any): Basic Infantry Grunt
      |TG-18th| Cutter

Long-time Gamer - ArmA 2 Noob - Certified Old Fart

Comment

Name: Lorelei
        Night: I'm available for either (so people who can only sign up for a certain night can get preference on that night)
        Previous Experience & Skills in ArmA: Uhm..... Yes? lol I can follow orders and shoot.

Comment

Name: Unkl
          Night: Friday
          Previous Experience: Have done a lot of leading in Graw, Swat4, OFPDR. Have been getting to speed on Arma2 the last few weeks.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

( I seem to be having trouble editing posts, but got you guys clocked in for dates above as requested and Lorelei on reserve slot fill [I'll throw you in when only one slot remains, if we get to that point! ;p] )

Comment

Name: CorpDuty
              Night: Not sure which night yet. dont know what is happening in RL yet that far away lol. If needed just put me on reserve list until i know what day
              Previous Experience: Leading experience is minimal. although I am good at following orders lol
              |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry - bad news. Due to work related events I won't be able to run the class on the above mentioned dates and will need to postpone until further notice.

I apologise sincerely for any issue caused and promise to re-arrange and run as soon as I am able.

Comment

No problem. ^_^ Real life comes first. I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear your new dates, though.

Comment

New class time - Friday, 15th October

4 slots, sign up below

1 - open
                    2 - open
                    3 - open
                    4 - open

Another date to follow, time on Friday- 23:00 GMT / 1800 EST

Comment

Can do.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer
                      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                      189th Infantry Brigade Member
                      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

One please. I'm not sure that I'm a competent rifleman yet, but I'll do my best not to get in the way.

Comment

I can't come fridays :(
                          sigpic
                          Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Name : Rambo2
                            Night : Friday
                            Previous Experience & skills in Arma (If any): OFP, ARMA, ARMA2, coops, part of various clans and teams, both entry level and up
                            TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

Okay, class is up tonight, current roster looks like this

Unkl
                              Heatsink
                              Rambo
                              -Open-

I will try to run this again for next Saturday at the above mentioned Saturday, to be confirmed however. Depends on if I get the time or not :/

Anyway, I'll likely be in the 18th SFOD Channel on TS come start time so feel free to come poke me in there in the lack of their being a specific channel for the time being

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X