Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 189th Infantry Brigade

Greetings,

Wanted to let you all know, the 189th is testing out ARMA in force. We have about 5 of our members that have or have recently purchased the game, and we are all checking it out in hopes of doing PR for ARMA.

Hope to see you all out there.

TMAN
    sigpic

Re: 189th Infantry Brigade

This is the part when you batten down the hatches.

Just FYI.

Comment

Awesome! Hope to see you guys ingame soon

Comment

Good stuff chaps, bring it on! :)

Comment

Welcome aboard folks! From past experiences it would seem that we have some good time ahead of us.

:D

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to all of you. Epic times are ahead!
            |TG-73rd|Socomseal
            |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Hurray for the good times ahead!
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

TMAN I am so psyched to hear this news. The 189th can become one of the building blocks for the future of TG ARMA. I look forward to squadding up with you soon but unfortunately I'll be on hiatus for a couple of weeks to move my family to a news house. I'll be around a night or two before then though. Hope to see you in Takistan. Stay low on those ridges.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I think I have hit my first wall. Which is all this YOMA, ACE, ACRE nonsense...
                  I bought the "combined ops" version of the game off of steam and did the download/install.

I then used this link http://unitedoperations.net/arma2/guide/tg/
                  To try and guide me through the next process. But I don't really even know what all the stuff on that page is for.
                  What is ACE? Why do I need it? What is ACRE? Heck, what is all of that stuff? And why do I need it?

Is there a link to guide setup assuming that I have downloaded directly from steam? The link on sandis page looks like its for people who own Arma2 CD's and Arma2:OA CD's and have installed them seperately.

Halp plz.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

We have our own guide here...............

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...9-17-10-a.html

We do not use ACRE at TG, so that guide really is no good. Jump on TS and grab an admin and we can talk you through it. Once you get it set up it is simple to keep up to date.

Comment

The 189th send 5 guys, well the Devils have sent one, me. Bit like Texas Rangers, one riot, one Ranger. Looking forward to playing with you all.:icon_razz

Comment

It may take me awhile to get up on the software, loading from original disk today to see what happens. I am also moving back to the USA in Nov, so that will be a bit of down time when my rig is being shipped. Otherwise, I am going to test her out and see how I can deal with the TRACKIR5.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think you guys are going to love this!!! It is good to see some good IHS comming over to the dark side :)

I think that you guys are really going to like what you guys are getting into. For right now we are only using ACE, which is a mod that puts a ton of stuff into the game. From what I understand, PR is going to be using vanilla for now untill they get their own set of environmental variables up and running.

Again, I am happy to see people switch, I think that Arma is what the PR folks have been wanting in PR for a long time!!!! Cant wait to get some games in with you guys.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I believe it gets a little trick when using the steam version of the game. Hit up socom as he's helped out TON's of people in getting their steam version working correctly.
                            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

So out of curiosity, what prompted the move, everyone getting ready for PR or what?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X