Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought it was working, now its not, erm help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was working, now its not, erm help!

Ok despite the efforts of some of TG's finest my install seems somewhat borked. (nb Arma II retail, OA = Steam)

I keep getting missing file that and No Entry the other. In addition since I have added magic boxes to a couple of editor missions I was playing around with OA keeps falling over.

The messages are as follows:-

At load up-

Addo 'Ibr_civilian_patch' requires addon CASigns2'

On menu screen -

'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_rail_station_big-ruins.scope'.

On loading editor missions -

Cannot load texture ca\structures\data\concrete\concrete\broken_paint-white-amdi.paa

Also

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFontFamilies.zeppelin 32 mono'

I also get an outdated user config file and sometimes a message about 'magic box textures'.

All in all I am not sure what is going on, however I am concerned OA will fall over for the mission on Sunday, so any tips would be welcome. Be advised you will have to talk slowly.

Re: I thought it was working, now its not, erm help!

Meet me in TS in about 45 mins

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

HI Wick...I'm not the best at the technical side of the house but...

I think most of these are non issues. If you can get in a game and your playing okay I wouldn't worry too much about it. If I understand them correctly these are just notices from the game about a missing client side file...in other words...player b may have downloaded some cool looking sunglasses as a client side mod but since you didn't download them player a can't see them...

The user config file is probably what you want to spend time on. ACE requires you to update your user config file with your actual in game user name. Its not a game breaker but if you want to use ACE features like the gasmask or the earplugs you have to change the user config to match your exact in game name. Again...not a game killer...you just miss some of that ACE functionality.

Look around TS for help with the user config. Someone can fix you up with that easily enough. s
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Your OA is not running in a configuration that supports Combined Operations as you are missing the A2 Content, as referenced above.

There are a number of methods already documented to test and try to get this running and I would direct you to them as follows.

http://robertsandiford.co.uk/ace_oa/

Follow the Steps for setting up Combined Operations.
        There are 3 diffrent install methods, and it is your choice on which one you chose to use.
        (I personally would use the one folder directory unless you are comfortable with SymLinks.)

Ignore the section on ACRE, as TG is not actively running that mod at this time.

As for the Outdated Userconfig, that is a non issue as long as your ACE keys are working.
        If you want you can edit your ace_keys_config.hpp and change the version number at the bottom of the file from 4, upwards until the error is removed. (it is only a clientside warning)

Confirm the modline that you are using and which executable file you are using to launch the game.
        If you are using steam, ensure that steam is not running any extra modline/launch parameters.

The preferred method is to create a shortcut to your ArmA2OA.exe and modify this shortcut(copy/etc) with the appropriate launch variables. Again, do not use the Steam launcher for your modlines due to character limits and parsing issues.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I did something dumb when Dredge was helping me and nullified his efforts. Did a fresh install with a lot of help from Sandiford and now SP, ACE and the editor seem fine. Will try mp tonight. Once again really overwhelmed by all the patient help, its been a great welcome, sorry to be a help vampire it whatever they're called.

Now I just need to get ready for Sunday.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=n5okPL8PAAA

Comment

I might see you tonight if my install is working! :)
            ​​​​​​​

Comment

No such thing as a help vampire around here Wick. We don't mind donating our time to get you up and running. Because we know ArmA is just that awesome. We want everyone to come play ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Cheers boss, believe me Ian spreading the word, not just about the game but the community as well. Crawlingeye, if you're about I look forward to stumbling around with you, looking somewhat bewildered and trying not to shoot any blue guys.

Comment

Well, wicks have talked me into buying this eventhough i said i never would.
                  So if one of you techadvise dudes are on TS tonight i might need some help.

Comment

Originally posted by Donrhos View Post
                    Well, wicks have talked me into buying this eventhough i said i never would.
                    So if one of you techadvise dudes are on TS tonight i might need some help.
                    :) Hit me up tonight

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

II'm almost good to go now thanks to Sandiford.
                      But thanks anyway

EDIT:

I just got an error on the last 2 downloads on YOMA.

It says:
                      The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Files:
                      acre_clientside_config.hpp
                      acre_keys.hpp
                      Last edited by Donrhos; 09-24-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Well, now i have a new error..

When i try to launch the game from YOMA it gives me an error message before the game starts.
                        And then i get one once the game has started.

1st error:
                        "Addon MBG_Celle requires addon Chernarus

2nd error:
                        No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ins_Commander.Scope'

Comment

Originally posted by Donrhos View Post
                          Well, now i have a new error..

When i try to launch the game from YOMA it gives me an error message before the game starts.
                          And then i get one once the game has started.

1st error:
                          "Addon MBG_Celle requires addon Chernarus

2nd error:
                          No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ins_Commander.Scope'
                          2nd error is common, don't worry about that one.

As for the first error, It seems your ArmA2 and OA are not linked properly.
                          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                            2nd error is common, don't worry about that one.

As for the first error, It seems your ArmA2 and OA are not linked properly.
                            Ok.
                            btw, i bought it on steam and i am a moron concerning computers so i do noit have any idea what so ever to do about it.

Comment

Launch using the launcher I showed you

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X