Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The server is empty and you want to play.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The server is empty and you want to play.......

I've been out of pocket for a few weeks and thought I'd get back into ArmA. I logged onto the empty Bravo server, fired up Domi and within 5 minutes some TG PR regulars started logging on. Looks like someone is trying to get ready for this weekends PR event. Someone asked me how I got the server started and I thought with many old faces gone and new faces coming, it might be a good idea to post it. Especially with the addition of PR I feel the ArmA II servers might see some traffic coming from BF2.

Basically if the server is empty hit "right shift + p" and vote yourself admin. At that point (since you are on the server alone) you are admin. Click on "missions" and the missions screen will pop up and will have them broken down by map. You can select "parameters" and change the missions settings.

Re: The server is empty and you want to play.......

hey great idea, for those people whop would like to know, i will make a short hoe to guide :) with pretty pictures! ha ha

Comment

+1 seg.

After you vote yourself admin you can also use #missions to bring up the same list. This is very handy if you are trying to end a round as well.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

How do you vote yourself admin? I can get to the correct screen and choose to become admin, but I have not been successful in figuring out how to vote myself in as an admin.
        sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Originally posted by brettwad View Post
          How do you vote yourself admin? I can get to the correct screen and choose to become admin, but I have not been successful in figuring out how to vote myself in as an admin.
          another thing you can try;

type in the chat #userlist (this will bring up a list of all the players on the server with a number assigned to them on the left)

find your name, and the number. Should look like this

12. |TG-189th| Brettwad (ping 65) or something

all you do next is type;

#voteadmin 12

hit enter, and awaaaaaaaaaaay you go ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-so...s-servers.html

I will post an update thread

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

awesome post. I never knew i could run the server if it was empty - here I come stealth missions =)

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Originally posted by TomKing View Post
                awesome post. I never knew i could run the server if it was empty - here I come stealth missions =)
                15:32 |TG-189th| TomKing Connected

15:33 |TG-189th| TomKing Logged In As Admin

15:35 Your Server Has Encountered An Error And Is Unrecoverable. Please Reinstall Windows And Try Again.

15:36 |TG-189th| TomKing Disconnected

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

sadface

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

OH NO Tom you did it again man :-( lol
                    sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                      Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Most welcome seg[TDev]

The updated one is a sticky up top. Thanks to our fellow admins.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X