Why have the servers been so empty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why have the servers been so empty?

As the title asks, why have the servers been so empty? I remember playing 3 months ago and no matter what time it was, the server was always populated. Now we're lucky to have 8 people in the server. What happened to TG's large playerbase? Was it the switch to OA that killed it? I read Jeepo's state of the union but it doesn't answer this. There must be some story behind it.

This is The Count for the guys that don't know.
    Last edited by Temper; 10-07-2010, 01:05 AM.

Re: Why have the servers been so empty?

Medal of Honour......

I think that could be your answer...
    [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

I don't play because I can never get ACE to work. Same reason I stopped playing vanilla. Also I often don't have time for long missions with the type of comms that ArmA requires.

But yeah MoH is probably pulling a bunch of people away right now.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

SSShhhhhhhh
        Nihility

Comment

There was also some community fallout because of some players not agreeing with the way the admin team was operating. So alot of players left because of it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Blame dredge, he made everyone play MoH

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

i blame school, i have alot of work that i need to do. cutting my gaming time atm, and when i do game im being twisted into a moh player by dredge...

Comment

Well as with other TG players I'm sad to see the server in this state. I remember back in Ace 1 that server always had people in it no matter what time it is and TGU was also doing weekly classes then. I haven't really played since then as My pc couldn't really handle Arma 2 and then when OA came out i never got it until a few weeks ago and I've been playing since.

Hopefully with time(sooner then later preferably) that the server will regain its status as it once was(populated) that way we can hopefully start up TGU classes again*cough cough* and get a bigger player base to do some big missions besides domination and or be able to have a few new ways of dealing with mission in domination.

On a side not. The new medal of honor sucks, I've lost all respect for the MoH and CoD franchise.. Shame tbh. Game companies needs to stop being like others and do their own unique things MoH used to be the best besides CoD 2. now well everything is to much of the same and i can't stand it.

Comment

Just wait till PR comes out and youll be complaining theres no room in the server :P
                  Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                    Just wait till PR comes out and youll be complaining theres no room in the server :P
                    That is so true. :-p
                    Can't wait for it!

I also agree with Broshears, war FPS are becoming more and more similars to each others. I played the new MoH beta this week on Steam and I just could't play it for more than a few minutes. Especially after having played ARMA 2. On the other side, I guess we cannot compare ARMA to MoH or Cod, since they are fondamentally not the same game styles. ARMA is a simulator, MoH and CoD are FPS, they do not have the same depths to them.

Anyway, this is all preferences of the player. Thing is: ARMA 2 servers are always close to empty and the missions we play suffers it greatly, I miss the large player base we had around the end of June/beginning of July.

Come back to the light Dredge.. :'(

Comment

Medal of Honor was and always shall be my first love. That being said, ArmA is a blast! However, there are some things in the works right now that require me to be away from here and over withthe MoH stuff. Not much I can fill you in on yet, but I will fill you guys in when I can.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

MoH is such a bad game, I couldn't stand the beta for more than one round.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                          There was also some community fallout because of some players not agreeing with the way the admin team was operating. So alot of players left because of it.
                          lol what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                            SSShhhhhhhh
                            Exactly SoupyNorman

Comment

Originally posted by Codename46 View Post
                              lol what happened?
                              Rehashing that is about as fun as talking to an ex-girl friend, better left alone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X