BDR hosted ATC campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDR hosted ATC campaign

This Wednesday BDR will be hosting another 100+ player server stress test to smotth out the bugs before the ATC campaign begins. If anyone is interested in coming along then check out their website: http://www.arma-tactical-combat.com/index.php

We are entering a group of around 15 so maybe TG could throw in a group too.
    In a nut shell ATC is a dynamic PvP battle using everything from ground troops to KA 50's. There is only 1 mod required (which is 2.44kb) and other than that is stock OA.

Last Wednesday a few of us popped onto the BDR server for a small 40 player PvP. Great laugh had by all :)
    So anyway if anyones interested just leave a reply below and ill come get you Wednesday....i suppose telling you the time might help. It will be at 1900ZULU aprox (setting up takes longer but it helps to be there early)

Heres their mission statment:

ATC Missions Statement:

Our campaign is based on simplicity, no fancy addons/mods or effects, the main effort being dedicated to the carefully preparation of a military operation.
    Therefore what happens before and after the battle is as important as the battle itself. The ultimate goal is to simulate nowadays military operations.
    You will have a rather large territory to clear from opposition forces and hold safely, no flags or points, you will know if you succeeded or not in your task only the last minute.
    You will have a defined role and weapons according to your role, a clear chain of command, you will follow your orders and count on your squad members. Only a full squad will succeed in conquering a sector, so you can't never move alone.
    If you die, you will respawn in the main base far away from the battlefront, so you better take care of your life.
    Vehicles have no respawn and are limited in numbers so they must be used very wisely. No easy targeting, no "press-a-button and forget", you have to rely on your skill and visual spotting as radar and automatic lock will be disabled.
    Your efforts in clearing a region from opposition will be rewarded, each sector has a strategic value so you'll have to fight hard to maintain strategically important points.
    You will not know the in game time when the enemy will attack, so you have to be prepared to face all environmental conditions.

If this is what you are looking forward, just contact us and stay tuned for the first ATC season 3 test.
    Nihility

Re: BDR hosted ATC campaign

Looks pretty interesting! Nice post Soup!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

This actually sounds like fun, is that 1900 EST / GMT / What though? ( did not understand the zulu part ;p )

Comment

That would be 20:00 GMT. The rest you can work out yourself :P
        Nihility

Comment

Well, I'm up for it then!

Comment

I thought ZULU was the military equivalent of GMT

Comment

Zulu = GMT: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

UK: GMT +1
              Eastern: GMT -4
              Pacific: GMT -7

Comment

if anyone is interested in this then post you name etc maybe we can get a team together and whip some ass (no specificaly UO :P)

Comment

Originally posted by Sandiford View Post
                  Zulu = GMT: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

UK: GMT +1
                  Eastern: GMT -4
                  Pacific: GMT -7
                  ZULU doesnt allways = GMT though as ZULU doesnt ever change with daylight savings so at the moment think of it as GMT -1.
                  Nihility

Comment

I'm all up for it.

Comment

What times are the matches held and on what days? Id be interested but if Im working during the days they have the matches it wont be much fun :)

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                        ZULU doesnt allways = GMT though as ZULU doesnt ever change with daylight savings so at the moment think of it as GMT -1.
                        GMT doesn't change, its the reference that all timezones are measured from. Britain is current on BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT+1

Comment

God i hate time zone conversions. I have zulu mapped in my head as currently GMT-1 so i aint changing it or ill get confused! :P
                          Nihility

Comment

2000 Zulu = 1900 GMT = 1500 Chicago (Central US) Time. I think that's accurate?

Comment

Nope. 1900ZULU is 2000GMT :P

Or at least thats what it was last time XD
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse