Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP / TG Event "Shakedown" - Sunday 17th Oct

Hi gents,

RIP is going to be doing a "shakedown" run-through of the originally organised combined arms mission this coming Sunday 17th Oct on our main server. This date was organised several weeks ago after the previous attempt failed due to some 'dodgy' scripts that have now been removed.

We should have about 15 > 20 RIP members who will be playing this Sunday and we openly invite TG members and community to come along and help us fully test this mission.

Sunday 17th Oct - Mission start at 20:00 BST / 15:00 EST

Be on our TS for slotting 1 hour before, we will require pilots/infantry/armour/spec ops - there are 43 slots in total so should be plenty of room for all....

TS details:

Address: ts3.rustyinplaces.org
    Port: 9987
    no password required.

Server details: [RIP] Coop Server
    no password but server will be locked once the mission starts...
    MODS = client side only - list link = http://wiki.rustyinplaces.org/article/ArmA_2_Mods

NO ACE REQUIRED....

Hope to see you there....
    [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Re: RIP / TG Event "Shakedown" - Sunday 17th Oct

I will be there!!!

**EDIT**
    I am sorry I will not be able to attend...
    Last edited by Jack Bauer; 10-22-2010, 03:14 PM. Reason: comp died on me

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Word. Lets do it!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Heads up, tomorrow afternoon/evening for this event, plenty of slots available - all welcome....

Comment

I'll be there

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

I've just realised that the version of CBA normally used for the TG server is different to the one used for the RIP server (we don't use ACE). In order to use the STHUD you will need to update your CBA file to get on our server. To do this you can download and install our YAS file for Addon sync, then update and you should be good. You will then need to update it again to get back on the TG server. It's only a few 100k update should wont take long.

YAS link is: http://wiki.rustyinplaces.org/article/Addon-Sync

PS - worth also installing "Proper" mod - this gives you a large compass just like ACE.

Please do not connect to our server with ACE or TGMaps - it will kick you off, any problems please speak with me in our TS and I will help you out...

Comment

Many thanks to all who took part in the test event.... Firmly proven that there were no major bugs, just a few minor tweaks with the enemy AI but this is good to go with a full load out....

Comment

Which aspects of Proper are you using? As many aspects of it are considered cheating.
                  Last edited by Impulse 9; 10-17-2010, 07:14 PM.
                  The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

I have disabled "view distance max draw" mainly due to it was causing performance issues with my PC - what other bits are considered cheating as I cannot see what else can be seen as cheating...?

The only bits I notice is the enlarged compass and blacked out gear screen - oh, and improved missile smoke graphics....

Comment

The following aspects of Proper can be considered cheating, as they affect individual clients and give advantage over the majority unless all clients can be enforced to be running the same mod setup.

Cars Faster Off Roads.

Disable Deflecting Grenades.

Disable Secondary Explosion Effects of Vehicles.

Disable Start on Turret Movement for Tanks.

Double Get in Radius.

Double Supply Radius.

Easy Fly.

Enable Zoom for Binoc/LaserDesignator.

Enhanced Weapon Sway.

Faster Hand Grenade Throw Animation.

Faster Step Over Animation.

Improved External Camera Position for Tanks.

Javelin Tweak.

Keep Commander View on Target.

Unlimited Transport of Weapons and Magazines in Vehicles to Avoid Ammo Spilling Bug.

Reduced Weapon Weight.

Reduced Fatigue.

Static Visible At Distance.

Tough Chopper Rotor.

Tweaked External Sound Volume in Vehicles.

Vehicles Visible at Distance.
                      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Our PvP server are vanilla only and no mods are allowed on them, so if you are playing coop, I have to ask how it can be considered as cheating, when in coop some players can set view distance to 10,000 by yet I cannot due to the performance of my PC - so this could be seen as cheating.....

Having said that, I have not noticed many 'benefits' of using this mod except the improved compass and gear selection screen.

Comment

I am going to ask it simply, do you not understand how the above listed components of the "proper" pack can be considered cheating?

Comment

Sorry dude - was having a stressful day yesterday so sorry for my "abrupt" answer to your post...

I can see how this can be considered as cheating if playing a PvP/TvT match but not if the game mode was Coop as individual mods/PC settings could be considered as cheating when playing TvT (e.g. view distance, FPS, graphic settings) but in Coop mode everybody is playing with different specs/settings. I am a firm believer that if playing TvT then the server should be config'd so that no mods are allowed and view distance set to a limit that equals all - thus allowing for a fair match, but in coop who cars what your settings/mods are as you are shooting bots.... Do you get me bro...?

Comment

I am a bit confused why when I listed over 20 examples you are specifically going to the view distance ones alone.
                              Yes, in TVT many if not all of those are definite cheats.
                              View distance ones can also break the gameplay of coop play as well.
                              Even with lower system performance the view distance ones that force rendering outside of view distance can benefit low end systems.

Now as for the other items in proper, those I consider almost worse than the view distance in coop and in tvt because they give unnatural abilities that give individual benefit. Simply being able to get in and out of a helicopter and have it repaired. Changing it's flight model. Using cars and other vehicles offroad to drive faster than when on roads or than the vehicle is naturally capable of. All of the mods that change animation play speed (allowing more actions to happen faster). The changes to how weapons handle.

There are many actual cheats and some gameplay improvement mods, Proper is pretty much a cheat all around when used in online play, COOP or TVT alike. If the game supported the ability to block individual mods w/o having to go thru EVERY mod and BIKey to allow only what one approves, then yes I would flat out block it and it's derivatives, but that ability does not exist within the game at this time. There are even more ways around the PBO system that I wont get into that at this time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X