Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unnoficial Class request thread - Anything you feel you need.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnoficial Class request thread - Anything you feel you need.

Hey all,

After Friday's class I intend to continue running more on an in demand basis as well as redoing the ones I already have for those who couldn't make them.

So, In order to figure out what you guys want - I'm asking!

I've already had a few requests in and I do intend to throw something together for them, but I would like to hear from the TG Arma community as a whole.

So, let me hear it.

Re: Unnoficial Class request thread - Anything you feel you need.

I got dibs on being the Rifleman AT.

Loadout: M4A1CCO/AT4

Comment

Class requests only please, loadouts for whatever you are referring to should be directed elsewhere.

Comment

Is it hard to set up a training mission for specific kits? I don't understand how to use the Kestel & set up sniper weapons for wind & elevation. Any classes on how to find ranges & sight properly on an assortment of weapons would be very handy if enough people signed up. I see a lot of the new players, myself included taking pot shots with the AT weapons. And the C4 in ACE....have edited my ACE config so as to recognize my in game profile but can't find how to set off the C4 charge after planting. Can you change draw distance in a regular Coop mission on the fly? I don't know what you would call it but it'd be very helpful. How to call in Arty. How to repair, be a medic.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I've noticed on the Bravo server that the Vector Nite optics don't show range and rifles don't show zeroing. In vanilla, the zeroed range shows up in the top right corner HUD below the weapon name, and the range would show on your HUD when looking through the rangefinder.

Comment

I'm gonna do a very basic of the basic infantry class, will need to find some way to relate judging windage, range. Most optics have some range guide on them, but a lot of the time I do it myself via muscle memory or via one spotting round. Will need research! Basic of the basic would cover the individual unit roles, weapons usage in depthly and whatever gameplay queries people may have that I can answer! Arty calling would likely be in a squad lead class due to the likelyhood it would normally just be squad leads doing it. Repairing, in an armour class. I've put a quick arty drill at the bottom of this post however if anyone wonders!

Snipa school will likely be inclusive of both the sniper & spotter roles, wasn't the Kestel the weather detector thing? Never use it personally.

C4 - believe (by weak memory) that you plant it down, then use the interaction key to arm it, then you can blow.

Zeroing was taken out for 99% of the weapons in ACE, the vector needs a battery before it'll give you range and bearing. ( Press R if you got one in you inventory ).

ARTY / MORTARS REQUEST DRILL

Callsigns - Alpha Squad, Mortars

Assuming Alpha has free reign to request fire missions in this example, sometimes alpha may need to request mortars firstly through command. Also assuming Alpha did not request mortars in it's original contact report.

Mortars, this is Alpha, Request fire mission, over.

Alpha, Mortars Send request, over

Mortars, Alpha, Grid Ref 029 213, 3 x HE, 50 meter dispersion East to west, how copy? Over

Alpha, Mortars, 029 213, 3 x HE, 50 meters East to West, solid copy, wait one, over.

Mortars would now say 'Mortars, shot over' to indicate that the rounds are now in the air.

Alpha would reply 'Alpha, shot out' to ackowledge

When rounds are 10 secs out from landing mortars say 'Mortars, Splash over'

Alpha then, when witnessing splash says 'Alpha, splash out' It's customary to comment on the effectiveness of rounds within this transmission also, and to request adjustment. I.e.

'Alpha, splash, negative effect on targets adjust 100meter North, over'

If you got the time and the threats being mortar'd aren't a huge current threat, it's usually an idea to have mortars fire a spotting round, just say 1 x spotting round instead of 3 x HE. Mortars will get that you aren't sure of the enemies position and fire off a round to allow you to properly adjust and get it right.

REQUESTING MORTARS / ARTY AS PART OF CONTACT REPORT

So, Imma skip the start of contact and get to the point. Callsigns = alpha, command

Command, Alpha over (acknowledging previous part of report)

Alpha, Command request fire mission, mortars, 3 x HE, 50 m dispersion.

That's it. The contact report will have already given the Grid ref of contacts, so command already knows and can pass it to the mortar team. Command will acknowledge and let you know if it's a no. If they don't assume the shells will drop. Mortars will do their usual Shot over, Splash etc and Alpha will do their part in it.

It's also good to note that you have both HE and WP rounds to call on (WP - ACE only) along with a few others that generally aren't featured in missions. So I won't mention them :p

HE - High Energy shells, good for groups of infantry, light armour. Won't be much good against anything heavier. Mortars will not be very effective against armour firing this round, however artillery may have more luck.

WP - White Phosphorus / Willy Pete. Smoke shell, In real life the smoke is hazardous to human health and can kill. not sure of arma. Creates A LOT of smoke and can be very useful in a number of ways. Cover a platoon wide retreat? Yah. Platoon wide assault? Yah. Land on an M113 so you can get close enough to C4 / satchell it? Yah. Entirely fill an enemy position with smoke so they can't see what's going on around them? Yah - note this ones best used when you got TWS and they don't. I.e. fighting against an underequipped enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by heatsink3302 View Post
              I've noticed on the Bravo server that the Vector Nite optics don't show range and rifles don't show zeroing. In vanilla, the zeroed range shows up in the top right corner HUD below the weapon name, and the range would show on your HUD when looking through the rangefinder.
              Bravo is running ACE. The Vector Nite needs to have a battery loaded. I.e., have a battery in your inventory, equip the Vector, press R to load the battery.
              The rifles that CAN be zero'd, you use Shift-V to change.

FreeFire's Deadeye Guide has a big .pdf file explaining all the scopes and the default zero's for ACE.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

I'm new to TG Arma and would like a get-acquainted class where I join a fireteam, perform under some basic tactical situations under the team leader, and practice using communications as they're used in TG servers. Mainly, I would just like to get comfortable so when I join a server I can join a team and integrate smoothly. I feel lost right now.

Comment

Radio channel rundown. How not to interrupt and how to be brief and let the guys in lead positions dominate a certain channel.... How to report contact with direction, distance and magnitude. Anyway all things related to radio procedure.

Comment

I would like to have a helicopter crew training. Where the focus would not be on the actual flying but more on the internal coms and roles.
                    Having crewchief and gunner training on spotting proper LZ's, directing the pilot to troops on the ground, an LZ or helping at slingloading cargo.
                    And perhaps some training on effective firing of the doorguns while on the move.

Comment

I'd add a basic flight training to the list although with the number of qualified pilots we have I don't have many times that I feel I would need to pilot but it would be nice to know how.
                      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I agree with Bronco, pilots are far and few, I believe this class could change that though.
                        Semper fidelis

Comment

I'd love to do a flight training class (Rotary and fixed wing) - but problem is I'm merely amateur at it myself and still learning for the most part - I am looking to work on it however with ACOG, but with work and RL issues abound we haven't had the chance to get together to plan anything out at all.

Broadsword - What you are looking for sounds like what the Fireteams Operation course provides - I'm looking to run this through soon.

B - Once I've ran the FT Ops course I'll do a Radio Ops / procedure class. If you need to look em up though you can always go here - http://kezei.net/arma2/ It's a great guide made up by Zedic some time ago.

Alex - Fraid You'd need to fill me in on proper crew procedure, or wait for me to get round to researching it - Not an area I'm familiar with personally unfortunately :/ How are you supposed to fire those accurately on the move anyway? Or is it just having 'that perfect pilot'? :p

Comment

A basic ace demolitions class might be of interest to some people. Lot of people probably don't know how and when to use the new mines and claymores; and how to use tripwire with those. Plus could throw in some of the finer points of satchel and regular mine usage. Would only be like a twenty minute class if done well.

Comment

Some kind of basic class on tactical air control would be nice. Like arty this would be more of a squad - platoon level course. I believe this would promote proper use of air support on the servers, because now it's almost always "free roaming" until the aircraft gets shot down or kills a bunch of friendlies.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X