Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Military Company DLC

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010...ny-for-arma-2/

It introduces another playable faction and campaign along similar lines. Itís called Private Military Company, and features the activities of a team of private military contractors within the Arma 2 world.
    Itís designed to be both single player and two-player co-op, across ten missions. Needless to say, there will new weapons and vehicles, as well as a new map. Itís going to hit on November 24th for £7.99/Ä8.99/$9.99.
    There's an interview with the senior designer and creative lead in the RPS article, as well as some pretty screenshots.

Trailer has NSFW language, awesome helicopters, AA12s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME99B...layer_embedded

(Sorry ArmA guys if this is posted in the wrong place.)
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Private Military Company DLC

If the rest of this DLC is the same quality as the voice acting in that trailer I think I will give it a miss...

Comment

Good find, leaning a little towards what Inq said, but love the content nonetheless!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I will more than likely buy this when it comes out if only because it's focusing on missions where you DON'T have to be in complete command. I never liked that part of the game, having to command and build bases, etc.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

After what you got for £8 on the BAF DLC - not sure if I would ever buy one again, seriously not value for money...
          [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

bohemia should invest their manpower in stabilising their game engine instead of creating new graphical stuff.
            i don't need more units or maps. a gui overhaul and netcode optimizations would do the trick for me. :)
            ---------------------------------
            Rabommel

Arma2: DocMabuse
            ---------------------------------

Comment

Guys who are working on these skins, don't have anything to do with coding. There are other guys doing that job.
              sigpic
              Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

I find this DLC rather interesting because Private Military Companies or Mercenary Unit's is part of history even though it's not talked about much. We can see it with Blackwater, or the Mercenary group that was hired in africa to bring the genocide there to an end. It did it very successfully and brought it to a end until the Bush Administration concluded that the unit was lawless and not a unit that should be doing such things. The group was forced to leave and the genocide in Africa ramped up right after they left.

You can also relate this idea to the private army of the columbian drug lord, name escapes me, but he had his own army.

Anyway's I really like this idea because private Military companies are ramping up like crazy and being hired on by countries that can't afford to train their own or are in a country they are trying to improve and need protection and a presense to instill peace.

I am going track this one.
                FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by nikolauska View Post
                  Guys who are working on these skins, don't have anything to do with coding. There are other guys doing that job.
                  Your correct, the coding team is working on the beta patches while the art team has nothing to do. So they have been making units for these DLC.
                  Which keeps them in a job I guess.

I would much rather have an actual faction like desert russian units or another new country insted of PMC's though.

I also want the sound team to actually put in some effort as well. The stock Arma 2 & BAF sounds are terrible compaired to 3rd party addons people have made. They are also below the par other military games. They all sound so flat and dull. Its pretty terrible considering this game is ment to be "the best" military simulator.

Comment

I want nice sounds, performance, rivers and streams for some SWCC action and stuff. Snow (some maps out there have it with nice snow weather modules) and they look just astounding. umm thats all :)

Comment

I don't quite know what the full intent of this mod is whether it's just units or a fresh collection of new maps that span the globe. I don't know what else in terms of map locations could be created for this title as I feel that all have been covered. A nice winter map I guess would seal the deal but those are being built by 3D party so why make them put their efforts into something like that.

Taking a second to go off the path, it would really be nice if they could fix many of the movement and interaction aspects of the game. I get tired of the scroll menu for entering vehicles or having interaction with ladders and such. It would be nice if they kinda dumbed that down a bit and made it a simple one button action and the game is intelligent enough to know the situation. For instance pressing the "E" button to interact with a ladder and BAM your climbing or opening a door. The same could go for entering a vehicle and the only difference would be for Planes and helicopters where you HAVE to be a Pilot unit to take that position. Right now there is just tooo much going on and I think it would help gameplay a TON. I'm not sure if this makes it arcade like but I will take that hit over what we have right now. They also need to find a way to make CQB practicable and useful. I understand that perhaps there is realism in the gun running into a wall but in real life the individual would lower the weapon to make a turn and then quickly raise it again.

I will probably just buy it to keep the team funded but I really want to see some kind of progress made to gameplay and player interaction to the environment. I really don't care about sounds or maps or unit's really. I will leave that the 3rd party folks but I am paying these guys to make a game playable and not towards making units. ArmA2 is a great game and with OA has made a great base for improvements but just really looking to see some progress made.
                      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I saw that on Armaholic, really an interesting way for BIS to head with the game. Not many games focus from main armies to the PMC style warfare.

And Viper, I must say, the scroll menu is one of the worst pats of the entire game, scrolling for ages to get into the back of an APC or to get into your gear. It needs a serious rework. But a will buy for me.

Comment

There's an option to assign a key to eject via options. One less scroll action for you folks.

TGU InstructorTG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean ∑ Former ARMA Admin ∑ Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X