Buying Arma2:OA to play PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Arma2:OA to play PR

Me and a couple buddies were thinking about picking up OA so that we can play PR:Arma when it's released. Is it worth buying now to play OA or Combined Ops.? Does anyone play this online anymore? How is the SP Coop in OA? When we originally bought Arma 2 on release it was too bugged and we put it down but were looking to get back into it. BC2, MOH, COD etc not cutting it and there is not much on the horrizon that interests us. So is it worth getting now or should we just pick it up when PR comes, hopefully at a discounted price by then?

Anyone got inside info on when Arma2:PR will be released?
    Hurtz sigpic

Re: Buying Arma2:OA to play PR

I guess thats what we are down to here at TG Arma, sitting on our thumbs until PR comes out because nobody is playing Arma/OA on our servers anymore. Its so sad that they bet the whole farm on PR and let the rest of Arma go to rot. Chastise me and gag me for telling the truth but empty servers night after night talk much more loudly than I ever could. Use your same old tired junk about this time of year and real life all you want but guess what, The emperor has no clothes, that just isn't flying anymore. You let Arma\OA at TG die from pure neglect. Hurtz if you want to play Arma here then you better wait for PR, whenever that is, and ya BIS is going to discount its Arma products just so everyone can play PR.

Comment

Ehh, Chief you can call it whatever you want man.....I still have some good games when I am on and it might not be the numbers we had before, but the quality is WAY better....for me its quality over quantity and I love ACRE too, but sometimes people just are people and do mean and evil things and dont play, I know sucks, but guess what I still suck it up and play and have a good time. Soo I guess its what YOU make of it....

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Jack now you are pissing down my back and telling me its raining. Okey Dokey whatever you say.

Comment

:) cool

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Why doesn't TG just shut the Arma servers down and save money and reopen it under the PR server when PR/Arma comes out. Theres no need for admins and a GO where nobody plays. You can all go play MOH or tank battle, wait... you alredy are doing that.

Comment

So, you're saying that we should only play ArmA and not even think about playing any other game?

I mean, come on. Everybody has RL stuff at the moment and on top of that, most of the AAA games for this year are being released now. Like Medal of Honor, Fallout: New vegas etc. also some of us tend to play Starcraft 2, Civilization 5, minecraft. Those games may cause addiction to them which means he will be playing more likely some of those games than ArmA.

Everybody will eventually get back to ArmA and PR is just a one good way to get new guys excited for this game.
              sigpic
              Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I have taken this up in CAA so there won't be any response here.

Comment

Cool .. thanks Guys. We'll see ya when PR comes out then. I'm looking forward to it.
                    Hurtz sigpic

Comment

but the quality is WAY better
                      I suppose we were pretty crappy players to be honest. Makes me wonder why we were all even allowed play here.
                      Nihility

Comment

Hurtz, no need to wait for ArmA2:PR - there's a vibrant and wonderfully diverse ArmA2/OA community out there, offering up a huge variety of gameplay and experiences. TG's recent weekend-long Pvp/TvT event demonstrated that you don't need to wait for PR to get a lot from owning a copy of ArmA2 and/or OA. ArmA2:PR will certainly bring some new and exciting things to the table, but it's by no means an empty table today. The good news is that you're already in a good place to start, right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                          I suppose we were pretty crappy players to be honest. Makes me wonder why we were all even allowed play here.
                          Nope, talking about respect and maturity, no diggs in that comment even though your really trying, just from my experience on our server that is all, good try though :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                            Nope, talking about respect and maturity, no diggs in that comment even though your really trying, just from my experience on our server that is all, good try though :)
                            If i were trolling it would be in alot more spectacular fashion than that jack. Your throw away statement however could be interpreted the same.
                            I still have some good games when I am on and it might not be the numbers we had before, but the quality is WAY better
                            Its not like im scanning through here intentionally looking for something to pounce on. I genuinely found what you said like a little dig. To rephrase it:
                            Now that the majority of the server population is gone, its way better
                            Well then, enjoy your big empty house.
                            Nihility

Comment

Soup, thanks for the second quote.....If you want to interpret what I say or what you think I say make sure you dont quote me or "quote words" in my mouth, I have no qualms to tell you what I think here, there, or any where but it is kinda funny to take a thread like this one and have the two posts from our players such as chief and yourself take it in a direction no where near where the original post was saying or asking......

Just so it makes you happy I will clarify what I mean.... "the quality is WAY better" as you have quoted me the first time saying is because I can play now, have a good time, not worry about being ridiculed for messing up behind my back by people who used to play here or have to listen to people speak down to people because they dont know something in the game or a radio procedure.......QUALITY because the people that I play with care about just playing a game, no more no less.

QUALITY....Something at Tactical Gamer were trying to bring back with our "big empty house"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X