New ArmA2 screens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ArmA2 screens

Looks like some newer ArmA2 screens to enjoy (inter-mixed with some already released) :)

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/scree...assault_2.html

Re: New ArmA2 screens

Very nice shots.. I guess I will bite as long as they Get VOIP correct from Square #1...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Looks great. I would buy it, but it's not coming out until 2009 I hear? That and my rig can't handle it.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
      Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
      Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
        Very nice shots.. I guess I will bite as long as they Get VOIP correct from Square #1...
        ArmA1 VOIP is still being fixed. I would guess that it will be finalized and working as intended by the final release of the 1.09 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
          I guess I will bite as long as they Get VOIP correct from Square #1...
          To be honest I would bite either way.. TS still works well..
          ..And what are you doing talking when you should be returning fire on target!
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I'm buying it when it comes out, my rig will handle this no problems..... And yes I know I just jinxed myself on that one.
            sigpic

Comment

These screens seem to look nicer then the previous ones I had seen. The lighting and shadows seem improved, particle effects look better and the textures are really nice. Plus we I assume these are real screen shots not some touched up cut scenes like other games post.

However it will be interesting to see if any computer can make it look that good and still playable. I will buy it but what I can't buy is time to play it. Arma 1 is collecting dust right now, never get any garunteed "free time" to play it (I need a good 2 hours or else its not worth it). Perhaps Arma 2 will come with some "free time" coupons in 2-3 hour chunks :row__593:

Comment

I don't give a damn about the graphics; I loved ArmA on my laptop on lowest settings at 640x480 getting 15-20fps. If this game only has slight improvements over the current ArmA gameplay, I'm sold.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Just noticed this image on the BI website ( www.bistudio.com/arma2.html ), I haven't seen it before, so maybe neither have some of you.

EDIT: The Gamestar folks seem to have a couple new images as well: http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=6&pk=52911

The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

The new "island" looks very nice. Did anyone else see that video where they were in the editor quickly?

I saw it, and it clearly showed that it is infact NOT an island anymore, it works similar to how Schmafaelden (or however it is spelt) works. The end of the map is simply a wide expanse of flat ground.

Either way, the most important feature for me in pretty much ANY modern, military shooter is one thing: built-in Voice support.

Yeah, teamspeak works. BUT, it is a WHOLE different thing to have it built into the game. You can jump on any server (with it activated ..) and be able to coordinate. With TS, there is a lot more "administration" involved, and TS can't do the BIGGEST thing that VON can (at least with ArmA and a few others, maybe more will follow suit), locational transmission. Simply being able to TALK to the people around you makes the game 10x more enjoyable.

For anyone who plays PR ... imagine trying to play that game without VOIP, it would be MUCH less fun. More chaotic (more than it already is), and a whole hell of a lot more confusing.

This is the key point for me in the ArmA2 vs. OFP2 debate ... and I haven't heard a single thing about it from OFP2. They showed off their graphics (maybe), so maybe closer to release they will surprise me with a more function VON system than ArmA. We will see ...

Comment

nevermind, old pics

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

doesnt look all that different... but if they can make the current game run smoother and improve it, it be good to
                        sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Figured I would throw some more up real quick:

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Also, if you have a few mins, here is a link where if you look at the top there is a press kit you can download. It is full of PDF files with tons of interesting info and pictures.
                            Enjoy..........................
                            http://www.armabase.de/page/include....contentid=1558

For instance, here is a screenshot comparing the 3 versions

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Huh, didn't expect that to be in ArmA2 ... he holds the M203 right ...

Nice pics.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X