ArmA 2 Weapons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 2 Weapons

It looks like the next bunch of ArmA 2 information being released is going to be on weapons.

Here's the main Weapons Page.

First up is the Assault Rifles, right here.

Initial thoughts: finally some more modern weapons for the Russians! As the above picture shows we'll be facing AK-107s and the like instead of just Cold-War era AK-74s (although the AK-74 is naturally still there, and I believe is still the main service rifle of the Russian Army). That's great news to me - it will be awesome to fight an army that actually feels modern for once. I always feel like I'm facing inferior troops with aging equipment in ArmA, which shouldn't be the case with the Russian Army.

Also of note is the increased emphasis on customized weapons... it looks like most have various attachments possible.

Re: ArmA 2 Weapons

The 107 will be a mean-ass weapon in the hands of a player if they truly implement the anti-recoil system the weapon uses.

Comment

I was hoping for a AN-94 :)
      Last edited by sparks50; 03-27-2009, 06:35 PM.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Machine guns and Pistols are now available also.
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Most of those weapons look pretty much like they just been ported from arma 1 to arma 2 and darkened a little exception for the ak's they look okay,but i am very dissapointed, i hope thats not going to be the final product.
          PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
            Most of those weapons look pretty much like they just been ported from arma 1 to arma 2 and darkened a little exception for the ak's they look okay,but i am very dissapointed, i hope thats not going to be the final product.
            They look like the real weapons. What more are you expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by sparks50 View Post
              I was hoping for a AN-94 :)
              RobertHammer, the guy who made the AK pack, says that will be in his AK pack for ARMA2 ^_^

edit: Also the weapons they have showed so far don't seem like anything new.. Ok so one fancier looking "specially modified" SAW, woo hoo. Same pistols as ARMA, a couple rifles (yet no really exotic variants). Guess we will just have to wait for the modders to do their magic
              sigpic
              Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                They look like the real weapons. What more are you expecting?
                No doubt they look like the real thing, but since this is meant to be a mil sim, i would expect reall simulation of weapons, by how the weapons look and feel, but like i said hopefuly the final product is better.
                PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

And this morning we have even more:

Sniper Rifles

Special Purpose Weapons

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Why did they include the XM8? I would have liked to seen the Bushmaster ACR instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
                      No doubt they look like the real thing, but since this is meant to be a mil sim, i would expect reall simulation of weapons, by how the weapons look and feel, but like i said hopefuly the final product is better.
                      I'm not sure I follow you. You want them to "feel" like real weapons, but... all they've shown at this point is screens. How do you get "feel" from a screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        And this morning we have even more:

Sniper Rifles

Special Purpose Weapons

Ooh, I wonder if that camouflage on the M24 means we'll be seeing Ghillie suits in ArmA 2?

Also, where's my beloved XM109? D: I can't live without my explodey snipey gun!

Also: AA/AT weapons are up.

Comment

We get the m24 rifle, but in BIs own description of this m24, it says that the Marines(who is the US branch in this game) uses the m40.

The M-24 sniper weapon system is a 7.62 mm, bolt-action repeating rifle based on the Remington 700 (like the USMC M40)
                          I lolled :)
                          Last edited by sparks50; 03-28-2009, 08:23 PM.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

As partically mentioned above:

More eye candy:

AT/AA Launchers

Shotguns

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Lhowon View Post
                              Ooh, I wonder if that camouflage on the M24 means we'll be seeing Ghillie suits in ArmA 2?
                              Below is a picture of an Arma2 ghillie suit. I can't tell which side that is from because the one guy on the right seems to have a KSVK and the one on the left seems to have a DMR but w/ camo.

arma2.com/images/stories/gallery/ARMA2-Boot-Camp-Screens_22_thumb.jpg
                              <sorry not allowed to post links
                              There is a bigger picture on arma2.com in the screenshot gallery under the boot camp section but the image pops up in a weird way for me and I can't remember how to save it so head over there to see it bigger.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X