X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 vehicles section opens

Just passing on the news:

Arma 2 vehicles section opens

After we have been presented the weapons which will be available in Arma 2 the last week today they have revealed the next section where they will be teasing us with updates.
    Today the Arma 2 vehicles section opened.

Looking at the page it seems we will see more info about the following vehicles very soon:

- Tracked
    - Wheeled
    - Rotary
    - Fixed wing
    - Civilian vehicles
    - Ships

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Arma 2 vehicles section opens

Nice! Thanks bamboo.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

"Virtual Heads-Up Display in several aircraft. "

God I hope they improve the HUD in aircraft

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Someone on the official forums pointed out that by removing the "grey" from the picture names you could see the section pictures, like so:

Hurray for civilian boats! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Lhowon View Post
          Someone on the official forums pointed out that by removing the "grey" from the picture names you could see the section pictures, like so:

Hacks.

| |

Comment

I cannot wait for this game. It also makes me want to get a TrackIR...

Comment

The first section is up: Tracked Military Vehicles

The BMP-3 stood out for me - wow, it features a "100mm gun, 2A70 100 mm rifled gun, 2A72 dual feed autocannon, 7.62 mm machine gun, and two 7.62 mm bow machine guns". That's a lot of firepower, and should make BMPs stand out as more of a threat (they sometimes seem like easy picking in ArmA, depending on the situation). It's also capable of engaging targets at 5-6km!

Comment

I'll miss the M113... oh wait, port from ArmA to ArmA 2 is possible right?
                sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

It's also capable of engaging targets at 5-6km!
                  That indicates it'll also have AT missiles(probably Kornets) on top of all that, even though it's not mentioned on the page. It would be hell of a shot with the cannon from that distance :row__523:

Quite an impressive armament!

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
                    That indicates it'll also have AT missiles(probably Kornets) on top of all that, even though it's not mentioned on the page. It would be hell of a shot with the cannon from that distance :row__523:

Quite an impressive armament!
                    Yep, wikipedia says it fires "9M117 (AT-10 Stabber) ATGMs" which are capable of shooting that distance. Although seeing as the missiles are beam-riding you'd have to have an unusually clear shot (not to mention an unusually good computer for the draw-distance ;)).

It looks like pilots are going to have a dangerous time of it with the Tunguska!

Comment

Oh mans. This is going to be me when I get ArmA 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

Comment

When I get ArmA 2 im going to go Cow hunting with an m1a2 lol, but water that looks like fun too :)

Im happy ArmA2 is going to have Technicals and a turret for the humvee :) the Grad looks sweet but where is the MRLS if it even exists?
                        Last edited by socomseal93; 04-05-2009, 09:10 AM.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Second section is up: Wheeled Military Vehicles.

I'm getting jealous of how much nice light armour the Russians are getting :P. That BTR-90 looks nice.

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                          Im happy ArmA2 is going to have Technicals and a turret for the humvee :) the Grad looks sweet but where is the MRLS if it even exists?
                          I'm wondering this also... I thought it certain the MLRS is going to be in the game seeing as it's listed on the USMC faction page, but no sign of it yet. I really hope it does make it, as serious artillery is something ArmA lacks.

Comment

the SA-19 has a missile range of 10KM..So FINALLY we have a decent AA missile...IF they implement a decent aircraft missile avoidanbce system

not "im going to flky straight but drop a flare and be safe"

or a "oh **** a missle is coming im going to die no matter what i do"

if they added in a system of putting the missile of your beam..flare/chaff and if that dont work then a last ditch max orthogonal break turn into the mssile to help reduce Probability of kill...then I will be an uber happy puppy

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Weee! The Rotary Wing Aircraft section is up.

Hooray for the Blackhawk returning! Even though the Venom makes it look a little dated it's still in active service and is a classic imo. Not to mention this guarantees a Black Hawk Down mission for us to play ten million times over! :P

The Venom is very attractive though with its rockets as well as door machine guns, and it can carry ten passengers compared to the BH's 11.

The Russians have some nice ground support choppers, the KA-52 standing out as particularly threatening, but I feel the Super Cobra will be more than capable of providing any sort of CAS the USMC might require. Seeing as it's armed with "8 air-to-ground Hellfire missile platforms, a dual Hydra rocket system, dual AIM-9 air-to-air guided missile platforms and a 20mm gatling gun" it's little wonder the Russians are getting some better Anti-Air equipment!
                              Last edited by Lhowon; 04-06-2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X