Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will ArmA 2 multiplayer be cross-platform?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will ArmA 2 multiplayer be cross-platform?

Such as, PS3 players playing with X-Box 360 players playing with PC players online? Because that would be epic. The reason being is that we would have that many more people to play with.

Re: Will ArmA 2 multiplayer be cross-platform?

The only time I can ever remember being able to cross the pc/console barrier was back in the days of DC (Dreamcast) with Quake3 Arena, it required installing custom levels on the PC and a patch... Then you could connect to any DC server and destroy all the controller noobs.
    I don't think ArmA 2 will allow cross platform play, and if it does it won't last long because of PC patches, updates and fixes.
    Tom Wilson

The M16A2 service rifle is a lightweight air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed shoulder weapon.
    It fires a 5.56 mm ball projectile at a muzzle velocity of 2,800 feet per second. This is my rifle.

Comment

I actually have a friend who bought Shadowrun, a multiplatform fps that allows 360 and PC users to play in the same servers. I tested it after he trowed it away in anger.

First of all, the game was not horrible. It was rather average. But because mouse and keyboard is superior to the controller, they decided to make the mouse aim really rough and artificially inaccurate, for the sake of balance. Aiming felt like controlling the hands of a 90 year old man doing LSD. The console players Had autoaim, but you could still gain an advantage on them in certain situations because of their inability to turn quickly.

There was a 24/7 constant bantering over the voice com on all servers. Very rarely was this related to the match being played. Very commonly was this revolving around people claiming sexual relations to my mother.

Then there is the horrible thing called Windows Live. Back then they even demanded monthly payments for this useless piece of software to be installed on my computer, with my friend having payed full price for a game that wouldn't work without it. Luckily Microsoft has recently taken to its senses and made LIVE free for the PC, like it should be.

This should sum up my experience with 360 players. They may be plentyful, but I would rather play with a brick. :)
      Last edited by sparks50; 04-18-2009, 10:56 PM.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Originally posted by sparks50 View Post
        I actually have a friend who bought Shadowrun, a multiplatform fps that allows 360 and PC users to play in the same servers. I tested it after he trowed it away in anger.

First of all, the game was not horrible. It was rather average. But because mouse and keyboard is superior to the controller, they decided to make the mouse aim really rough and artificially inaccurate, for the sake of balance. Aiming felt like controlling the hands of a 90 year old man doing LSD. The console players Had autoaim, but you could still gain an advantage on them in certain situations because of their inability to turn quickly.

There was a 24/7 constant bantering over the voice com on all servers. Very rarely was this related to the match being played. Very commonly was this revolving around people claiming sexual relations to my mother.

Then there is the horrible thing called Windows Live. Back then they even demanded monthly payments for this useless piece of software to be installed on my computer, with my friend having payed full price for a game that wouldn't work without it. Luckily Microsoft has recently taken to its senses and made LIVE free for the PC, like it should be.

This should sum up my experience with 360 players. They may be plentyful, but I would rather play with a brick. :)
        Lol epic post, and one of the reasons why they should NOT have cross-platform multiplayer. I hope BIS are not stupid (because you would have to be retarded to mix the two) and allow XBOX 360 people to play against PC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X