pcdome.hu Arma 2 preview released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcdome.hu Arma 2 preview released

This was just posted a few mins. ago on Armaholic. And best of all they have vids to go along with tons of screenshots. About to watch them now.

pcdome.hu Arma 2 preview released

The city fight vid is pretty good, except for the voice overs.
    Someone in the comments posted this though:

"Destructible houses was not implemented in february build, please calm down and be patient, press version is from alpha, no final voiceover, no buildings destruction, not final UI and still some bugs. It for showing basic game conceps and overall atmosphere."

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: pcdome.hu Arma 2 preview released

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
    "Destructible houses was not implemented in february build, please calm down and be patient, press version is from alpha, no final voiceover, no buildings destruction, not final UI and still some bugs. It for showing basic game conceps and overall atmosphere."
    I really hope that who wrote that is right, because those videos just look like ArmA (1) with new units and map.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Well, beats Arma. Animations seems smoother and atmosphere better. Proper soundengine and sounds too. I didn't the see any AI firing from cover in the video, but the IGN preview wrote that it does. hmm.

Edit: upon further investigation, it seems like the version in the videos are from February, while the version tested by IGN is almost new. This should explain the differences.
      Last edited by sparks50; 04-21-2009, 03:07 PM.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

I really liked what the game looked like, and really loved the terrain, it was beautiful!

However the AI seemed pretty bad, especially when they came running out that corner and the MG took them all down. Then while he was walking though the city the AI seemed to just stand there stairing at the Player waiting to get shot like in Arma 1.

The sounds seemed mildly improved, but still no form of distant gunfire, A must have for mil sim in my opinion it really adds to the atmosphere and immersion.

Still time for improvement hopefully, im pretty excited to get this game!
        PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

I agree it really looked like ARMA with a good mod.

Problems I saw:

Weapon handling animations: notice how it pops up into and out of view, you get no sense of it being raised and lowered, it just appears into vision instanteously.

Loading animations: You still don't have to look at the magazine when ejecting and inserting--that's some LEET soldiering.

Sound: I note that it is early and sounds must be improved, but what worried me was that there were several times when the sound lagged the muzzle flashes. This has always been a problem with ARMA for me.

These are not serious issues and could probably be fixed.

I did appreciate the gritty feel to the game.

Comment

Yeah, the sound quality on the youtube video is NOT to be trusted. The sound lag is 99% likely to be youtube/upload/video's fault. The sound quality was pretty bad on these videos ...

Comment

My thoughts exactly on youtube with sound issues. I love the terrain but just hope my computer will run it or time to save for upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Tobruk View Post
                I agree it really looked like ARMA with a good mod.

Loading animations: You still don't have to look at the magazine when ejecting and inserting--that's some LEET soldiering.

i agree arma with good mod..but well have to see they might have improved AI in newer versions

as far as magazine loading..I have been trained by a Law Enforcement Firearms instructor and I can reload w/o having to take my eyes or my barrel off the target. Its really not that hard with a pistol or with a long rifle you just have to train your fingers to know what theyre feeling for and guide the magazine with your index finger

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
                  i agree arma with good mod..but well have to see they might have improved AI in newer versions

as far as magazine loading..I have been trained by a Law Enforcement Firearms instructor and I can reload w/o having to take my eyes or my barrel off the target. Its really not that hard with a pistol or with a long rifle you just have to train your fingers to know what theyre feeling for and guide the magazine with your index finger
                  Sure you can do it if you want but realistically speaking you also have the option of viewing your reloads. Some what unrealistic if the game does not allow you to physically look down at the moment of magazine insertion.

It says a lot about the games limitations on animations and physical modelling. I hope that this gets addressed.

Comment

The preview has now been translated to English by ZiiiP.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5462

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...