X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA II out June 19 in Europe

Looks like it's official:

ArmA II out June 26 in Europe

29th April 2009 - 505 Games and Bohemia Interactive today confirmed 26th June as the long anticipated European release date for ArmA II. The sequel to Bohemia Interactive’s celebrated military shooter promises to deliver more of the authentic battlefield experience the series is famed for, while developing each area of game play with expansive new features.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

re: ArmA II out June 19 in Europe

damm gonna need to get a new computer set up soon then

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I bet ArmA 2 will come out in the US in July or August :(
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Will be getting the Sprocket version til US Release! ArmA1 I did the same 6 months b4 US Release(German) as b4 aint waiting 4 US Release 8)
        "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
        "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
        Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Release date confirmed

Arma 2 release date - 26th June 2009

News / Arma 2 (12)

Southy informed us he found some news about Arma 2 release date:

Quote Press Release :
          505 GAMES ARMED FOR ARMA II
          MILITARY SIMULATION SHOOTER IS GIVEN 26TH JUNE RELEASE DATE
          Milton Keynes, 29th April 2009 - 505 Games and Bohemia Interactive today confirmed 26th June as the long anticipated European release date for ArmA II. The sequel to Bohemia Interactive’s celebrated military shooter promises to deliver more of the authentic battlefield experience the series is famed for, while developing each area of game play with expansive new features.

Featuring the most realistic warfare ever, ArmA II promises to build on the excellent features that have made Bohemia Interactive a respected name among gamers. Players can expect in-depth team-based combat, a comprehensive playbook of military tactics and an enormous battlefield to push strategy to the limit.

ArmA II benefits from a 3rd generation game engine that has been in constant development for 10 years; no other developer can offer such a great heritage in creating open-world military shooters. The Bohemia engine has been recognised as a benchmark in producing realistic warfare simulations to such an extent that the developer has used its Real Virtuality engine as the basis for training simulators used by armies across the globe, including the United States Marine Corps, UK Ministry of Defence and Australian Defence Force.

This experience is also helping Bohemia Interactive to craft an incredibly detailed storyline, full of political intrigue and plot twists, which blurs the boundaries between fact and fiction. Set in the near future in a fictional post-Soviet country called Chernarus, players take on the role of a United States Marine Corps Force Recon squad, who are called to the country as a peacekeeping force to prevent further civilian casualties and ensure ongoing stability.

“It has been a pleasure building on the success of the first ArmA title,” commented Alex Price, Senior Global Brand Manager, 505 Games. “ArmA has such a vociferous community behind it that we new we had to get this one absolutely right. We are confident that the dedicated fans won’t be disappointed as will as any newcomers to the series.”

ArmA II will be released for 26th June exclusively for PC. For all the latest information please visit www.arma2.com

Source: www.vg247.com
          PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

I got the Crazy Checzk release of Arma..and had to do crazy hack's patches for English for awhile there.. But was always regretting not waiting for the Atari release.. I guess I got months of playtime (or bug testing) in beofre the atari.. but what a pain in the arse to patch etc..

So when in the US release?
            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I don't understand why it is so hard to have a simultaneous world release.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Logistics, marketing, scales of economy. I would have thought they would release to their biggest market first but I guess these guys are euro centric, nice to see the tables reversed for once :p

If it is released in english then just import it I guess

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Europe IS their biggest market, more Russians and Germans play than America Canadian or British. Makes me glad I don't live in the Colonies......;)

Comment

not sure if you guys seen this or not but new video out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNV8UbzA9UM

Comment

Any word on planned steam availability?

Comment

According to this news citing the publisher Peter Games, Arma 2 is due on May 29th in german speaking countries.

http://www.krawall.de/web/ArmA_2/new...25c6a3ea6e5d3c

Lucky me. ;-P

Comment

Great news..that way the Euro's get to test it out and evaluate it before we have to dump any hard in $$'s into a system and the game.

I'll be looking for actual game play footage on UTube for a while...
                          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
                            not sure if you guys seen this or not but new video out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNV8UbzA9UM
                            uummmm............That video was posted in November. :row__687:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

- Kicks BI in the arse -

Whens the US release you nitwits -.-
                              "Learn to obey before you command"
                              - Solon of Athens
                              "Ah! The generals! They are numerous but not good for much!"
                              - Aristophanes

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X