Q&A for ArmA2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A for ArmA2

Here is where you can post your questions to Dan, who will either be able to answer them himself directly or better still be able to put your question to the actual Developers of the game to get an answer!

You now have a direct link into the team that is bringing you ArmA2, cool huh?

So dont delay.....ask away!

:D

BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Q&A for ArmA2

Will there be some way to accurately call in indirect fire support (mortars, artillery)?

Comment

Question: Will the main campaign feature online coop functionality? I really would like to play through it with my friends. Thanks.

Comment

Most of my questions would be answered by a demo, so..., will we have a demo from ArmA2? If we do, will it be before, or after the European release?

Why the different release date for, Germany/Czech Republic, rest of Europe. and north America again? Will the versions be incompatible in the release, like in ArmA v1.00?

EDIT: A question that I always wanted to ask but never had the opportunity. Why do the AI characters in ArmA(1), from opfor and civilians, have Portuguese and Spanish names?
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Owens View Post
          Question: Will the main campaign feature online coop functionality? I really would like to play through it with my friends. Thanks.
          Owens, I don't want to seem rude, but if you check in the arma2.com website, you have your answer.

Source: http://www.arma2.com/overview_en.html

Originally posted by arma2.com
          Extensive multiplayer:

Play the entire solo campaign cooperatively or dive into huge PvP battles for control of the whole map.
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
            Owens, I don't want to seem rude, but if you check in the arma2.com website, you have your answer.
            Thank you sir!

Comment

Will all the release versions of ArmA 2 be compatible with each other in online multiplayer play?

Will there be a "server manager" for ArmA 2 similiar to BF2CC for BF2, which will allow you to easily monitor chat logs, current mission, bans, etc?

| |

Comment

Heres some questions from me regarding ArmA2. I don't have any interest in ArmA2 singleplayer, and I think most here at TG are of simular mindset. All my questions will be about the multiplayer aspect of the game.
                • Has the desyncing and severe server problems associated with Join in Progress been fixed or improved in ArmA2? ArmA1 JIP is currently broken with higher player counts, it makes the majority of missions/servers unplayable once the player population rises over 30-40 players, forcing servers to "Lock" themselves so no new JIP players cause additional problems. This means its very difficult to maintain high player counts (60+ players) on a server when anyone who crashes/disconnects etc cannot join back until the server is "unlocked" again.

• Like Marine above, VERY interested to hear about admin tools for the dedicated servers for ArmA2, something completely missing in ArmA1 and OFP and badly needed to run a public or semi-public server properly.

• Will ArmA2 ship with some interesting default MP missions, or will it be like Arma1 where the default MP missions were prety much broken/totally unplayed and it was completely up to the community to design,troubleshoot,tweak and finally release playable and enjoyable multiplayer missions? Not releasing any compelling multiplayer missions on launch of ArmA1 I think was a big mistake, and probably turned away a lot of potential great community members, not used to the way the ArmA community works, and it may be part of the reason that ArmA1 currently has a very low number of players online currently.

• What is the max real player count that BIS have tested so far for ArmA2 on a single dedicated internet server? How did the test run and what is the expected average player count to be on an ArmA2 internet server (ie will it be like BF2 with 64 players stable and no issues, or more like ArmA1 which typically is around 40 players with possible complications?).

• Will ArmA2 ship with working VON/VOIP? As you know ArmA1 took over 1 year after release to get the VON working, but it was worth the wait in every way as its by far the best Voice system in any online game to date. Can you tell us any tweaks or changes to the voice system for ArmA2? Will it still be using VON? Will there be any leadership channels so TG does not have to rely on Teamspeak for inter-squad/command level comms? Will there be tweaks to the way the occlusion of voices work (ie: will bushes still muffle your voice the same as a brick wall does?). Will there be a volume slider for VON, instead of the volume being controlled by effects in ArmA1, which is confusing players for new players?

• Dan, have you personally played ArmA1 / ArmA2? Would you consider yourself a fan of the series? How much time a week/day do you spend playing? Whats your favorite ArmA1 online servers? Whats your favorite role in game? Is your connection with the ArmA2 release purely a professional promotional position that you have been hired for? Do you know any of the BIS devs personally or have spoken to them in person?

• Has there been large scale internet multiplayer testing on ArmA2 with large player counts of 70-100 players to see how stable ArmA2 is running? Will the multiplayer portion of the game be released mostly untested and use the initial buyers as the beta testers? For many initial buyers, the ArmA1 release felt that they were used as a form of beta testing the multiplayer component. Whether this is true or not or whether this was intentional or not, there was alot of the community feeling this way, and I think it would be acceptable as long as they know what they are getting into before buying. IE: Let them know that large scale multiplayer is NOT tested yet instead of claiming true large scale capability but not actually testing if its possible or not, especially in a public server and not just private groups with "Locked" servers.

There is some other "harder" questions I had to ask but I'll wait to see the answers before putting any more questions. Thanks for this opportunity Blackdog and Dan, it will be interesting to see these questions answered in a straight forward method instead of the usual marketing propaganda that always seems to be associated with video game releases, promising the world to the fanboys in hopes of boosting sales, lets hope this is not that type of Q&A.
                Last edited by fuzzhead; 05-17-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Good questions Fuzz...

We actually have a representative going to an upcoming press day on behalf of TG, we will be posting results of this here as well.
                  BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

HI All as posted on the other thread, its been a busy day today with the announcement for the release date! I have all of your questions and aim to hear back soon.

I hope this news makes up for no answers yet :)

Comment

When will Arma II be released in United states and Canada

Comment

Does Dan work for BI? Apo or Asch can assign a "developer" tag so that people are aware he is an official rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                          Does Dan work for BI? Apo or Asch can assign a "developer" tag so that people are aware he is an official rep.
                          He's PR from 505 Games in the UK, which is their UK publisher.

Comment

- Will ARMA2 be available from online purchase- and download services like steam?

- Where can we pre-order/purchase ARMA2 from? Do you have a list? Please remember TG is an almost global community.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

HI Everyone!

With the release date coming forward and the announcement of the Twitter feed we have been manic! Plus sorting out tomorrows showcase event.

The developers have the questions (who I will see tomorrow too), So I will report back!

I know it is taking bit longer than expected to get the questions answered its just been a really busy few days with all this news! Please bare with me :)

Don't for get to check the Twitter feed tomorrow between 12:00 - 15:00 GMT as we will be with the developers ready to answer any additional questions.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X