Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter from Bi Forumns on A2 Q&A

ArmA2 Media Blowout Twitter Q&A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to make it easier to find the info from twitter by displaying the Q&A in this thread...I left out names as it is easier to read - I also left out some which I though Irrelevant e.g ones which are a conversation. I also made amalgamations of some.. is that a word? :P

(They are in order of where I saw them on the page)
    ----

Q: Will there be a demo before release?

A: We will hit GM next week, plan is to release demo before launch.

----

Q: Is this a new "preview" version or something that is near the "v 1.0" ? Do we get some pics of the event (guys, screenshot, etc)?

A: The code we are showing today is GM. Preview code is with the press and review code will be sent next week. GM = Gold Master. Ready to be boxed...

----

Q: Do the scopes have MILDOT ?

A: For heavy armour we have something similar.

----

Q: Is there any difference between the way ARMA1 handles "tags" & the way ARMA2 handles them?

A: (finding it)

----

Q: Will there be a demo before release? Regarding the demo, will it be before 505 games release, or the one for German and Czech Republic?

A: We will hit GM next week, plan is to release demo before launch. Demo will be released day and date for all markets, watch this space.

----

Q: When you say "playable animals" do you mean we can play with animals ? Or it's the "seagul like" of the BIS previsous games ?

A: Using the mission editing tools you can play as a rabbit or dog - if you really want
    Yes you can play AS animals by placing them in player-made missions. Boar hunting (your mate as the boar) is a lot of fun...

----

Q: Do they tell you/show you about gameplay parts (bullet penetration, balistic, etc.. ) ?

A: All the weapons and effects have been modeled using real world data and information gathered from our military advisors.

----

Q: Do enemies heal their wounded comrades as well ? Is the reviving & healing restricted to medics?

A: Enemies do heal their wounded too! Non medics can provide basic first aid and can also carry injured comrades from the battlefield to safety.

----

Q: What are the specs of the pcs at the event?

A: Pretty high spec! PCs were supplied by nVIDIA... but the game will run on a mid-range PC. (I suspect this to be answered by the tacticalgamer.com report)

----

Q: Will you be able to save the game while playing coop campaign with friends?

A: Yes you can

----

Q: How's the weapon handling?

A: All the weapon handling uses real world physics from ballistics to bullet trajectories - its like firing a real weapon!

----

Q: Will you do a summary of all questions/answers asked on twitter later ? So we can understand all the answers

A: Speaking to 505 Games, will try to get something up on the official website in the next few days.

----lol

Q: Can you confirm the presence of the "helicopter carrier"? Is this a "static vehicle" or it moves,uses some "weapons" for support ?

A: It's a static vehicle

----

Q: Do they tell you/show you about gameplay parts (bullet penetration, balistic, etc.. ) ?

A: All the weapons and effects have been modeled using real world data and information gathered from our military advisors

----

Q: Do you plan to add more (from what have been announced for now) freely by future update ? (and probably expansion(s) later ?)

A: There will be loads more info released in the coming weeks and the usual community updates post-launch.

----

Q: Is there any multiplayer playing there (at the event) or is it just single player?

A: just single players today

----

Q: Is the tank combat improved in terms of FCS and stuff?

A: Tank combat has been overhauled, we're sure you'll see a vast improvement.

----

Q: Will multiple peripherals/controllers be supported e.g pedals/joystick/rudders?

A: yes, joystick and pedal support as well as TrackIR5.

----

Q: Can you confirm that we will have a 3D editor in ArmA2?

A: Confimed!

----

Q: Just wondering if BIS had had any discusions on releasing a multiplayer beta as may companies do this now to hammer their games?

A: From 505 Games "given that the game world is so vast it would be a challenge to release a multiplayer beta"

----

Q: Are the speech/commands improved over arma1 - do they still sound unnatural/robotic?

A: Yes, there is a HUGE improvement and we also have the dynamic conversation system this time around

----

Q: Is the 505 release going to have differences in gameplay compared to the german morphicon release ?

A: Yes, the 505 Games release will be a more advanced version/complete version.

----

Q: Since it's a simulation, do you know how many hitzones enemies will have and if they react on a hit to the leg for example ?

A: Wound detection is better than ever. Rather than being killed outright, injury encourages teamwork, dragging/carry the injured etc.

----

Q: Could you please detail/confirm some of the 'Major AI Improvements'? And the 'Pilot uses some weapons'? Thank you.

A: Many AI improvements. cm vs meter detection resolves a lot! Can confirm pilot/weapon issue too

----

Q: Is there an improved lobby system, ie favourate servers, friends list etc?

A: there will be an update on this in the next few weeks - keep your eyes peeled...

----

Q: Hoping this is the right spot for questions: What about multiplayer? is the thing with "warping" of the AI solved? Thx

A: Warping is usually caused by server config settings. It's important to balance a server's load/spec and the missions you play.

----

Q: Is it possible to use lasertargets? eg. for planes and stuff...

A: Yes. It's essential in many situations...

----

Q: Are all weapons now held properly and without any visible hand clipping?

A: There's a definite improvement over earlier games thanks to better IK (inverse kinematics).

----

Q: Will there still be rain inside buildings?

A: NO! No rain inside or under shelter (like big trees etc). Call off the plumbers.

----

Q: Will there be body armor in Arma2? If not will it be possible to make as a user addon as it was not possible before i think.

A: There's no 'wearable/take-offable' armour but penetration is calculated to take standard armour into account on units.

----

Q: How is suppressive fire implemented? Does the AI use it against you?

A: AI use supressive fire against you and OTHER AI. It effects things like aim (weapon sway etc).

----

Q: What the destructible environnment ? Everything could be destroy ? (we see a dam structure on the pic released.. destrucible too ?)

A: Anything smaller than the dam and the harbour can be blown up!

----

Q: Will there be different reload animations for each weapons or are they all the same like in ArmA1?

A: There are a number of different reload animations for different weapons including anims for mounted weapons being reloaded

----

Q: A question about swimming ? Still loose equipment when swimming ? Environnement -> lots of "open" building to hide in town/city ?

A: Yes lose heavy equipment and re enviroment: more enterable even diff internals for partially destroyed buildings.

----

Q: Simulation is a little bit harder or easier compared to armed assault? (behavior of the ArmA 2 flying model compared to ArmA?)

A: Difficulty remains scalable by player, flight model improved since ArmA 1, including proper VTOL

----

Q: I'm assuming the 'more advanced 505 games version' will also be a patch for the German version? (Just need a warm and fuzzy)- Is the 505 release going to have differences in gameplay compared to the german morphicon release ?

A: Yes this version is closer to the release version than previously seen builds (Almost gold!) -yes, the 505 Games release will be a more advanced version/complete version.
    "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
    "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
    Norman Schwarzkopf

Re: Twitter from Bi Forumns on A2 Q&A

Thanks Call911 That helped a lot!

Comment

Q: Since it's a simulation, do you know how many hitzones enemies will have and if they react on a hit to the leg for example ?

A: Wound detection is better than ever. Rather than being killed outright, injury encourages teamwork, dragging/carry the injured etc.
      This is very interesting to me. My biggest gripe about coop is that the death penalty is too harsh. The idea that I could go down, but a well co-ordinated team could cover while I was dragged to a medic an revived is very appealing. I think this single change in game mechanic will drastically improve the playability of the game and will enhance teamplay by encouraging players to stick together regardless of the mission type (persistent or not).

Comment

I think I read that we can do evacs in the FAQ, that would be nice for major injuries.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
          I think I read that we can do evacs in the FAQ, that would be nice for major injuries.
          I think that medics should not have a magic "heal" ability but instead should be able to stabilize the wounded until evac could be accomplished. Obviously in real life after getting shot you would be out of the battle indefinitely but for the sake of gameplay perhaps med tents would allow a heal ability after a few min's within them, this rewards players for, recovering, applying first aid and then stabilizing and evacuating a wounded player back to base.

Comment

Am I too late??
            Wondering if anything has come out of BIS regarding throttle control?

Would be nice to have incremental throttle back.
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

It would be pretty interesting for me what they mean when they say that there is a difference in gameplay between the two versions and that the english version is more advanced/complete than the german.

I live in germany and normally i would buy the version that is released here.
              But if they are differences in gameplay, i'll like to know what these differences are.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee66 View Post
                It would be pretty interesting for me what they mean when they say that there is a difference in gameplay between the two versions and that the english version is more advanced/complete than the german.

I live in germany and normally i would buy the version that is released here.
                But if they are differences in gameplay, i'll like to know what these differences are.
                What I think might happen is the German version will ship as version .95 (example) and then 2 weeks later the version 1.0 will ship to everyone else. A risk to the German version is how long it takes to get a .95 -> 1.0 patch released. It is reasonably likely it won't be patched right away as the devs were working on finishing the game for everyone else first.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                  What I think might happen is the German version will ship as version .95 (example) and then 2 weeks later the version 1.0 will ship to everyone else. A risk to the German version is how long it takes to get a .95 -> 1.0 patch released. It is reasonably likely it won't be patched right away as the devs were working on finishing the game for everyone else first.
                  That sounds pretty reasonable for me. I had similar thoughts and i can not come up with a reason to convince myself to buy the german release.

I would find it quite annoying to have to dabble with an unfinished game, because the developers need to *really* finish it for the international release.

I'd rather install a finished game and leap into the fray with all the intended options. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X