Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get ArmA2 - in English, before June 19th (completely Legal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get ArmA2 - in English, before June 19th (completely Legal)

Hey

I'm sure there are many like me, who have been getting wood over ArmA2 for waaayy too long, and simply waiting till June the 19th to play it, while some other guy tells me how good it is, is completely unbearable.

Well, I though I'd thought of everything, I even considered buying the German copy, playing it, then buying the english copy when it gets released, but lets face it, thats a little silly, and way out of my price bracket.

Just when I gave up hope, a friend sent me a useful little english defenitions file over msn. Its technically a mod, so completely legal, and just replaces all the German text for British text.

No I thought, there'l be a catch.. the odd german word here and there... But, one of the features of the much fabled patch to be released on June 19th, will be a replacement stringtable, (happened with ArmA1).

As we speak I am waiting for the confirmation e-mail from Peter Games telling me my card checks out (we hope) and I will be downloading ArmA tonight. My friend in the US has done this and it works fine for him :)

So, no laws are being broken, no illegal downloads, just a bit of a German minefield to navigate when registering your account and.. ta-da!

PM me if you need the stringtable replacement.

Re: How to get ArmA2 - in English, before June 19th (completely Legal)

Only like 2 and half weeks till the english release so i'll probably just wait for that lol.
    PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

The language issue isn't certainly something why one would need to wait. That "patch" works perfectly, with just a few missing things, and Arma2 is already excellent. Returning back to Arma1 for the random TG sessions will be hard for me, no doubt about that.

Comment

I did it and am loving life.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

meh, I’m in no hurry to get Arma 2... I’ve waited this long for it so a few more weeks won't hurt. though some screenshots and vids from those who have it would be a treat :)
          =Supporting Member=
          If you think your up for the task joining the Irrgs, hit the recruitment thread

Comment

Moved to the ArmA 2 Forum.

I'm with Century though, I can be patient just a little bit moar.

| |

Comment

I dont think youll be able to enter signed servers with that english-mod.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Got it from Mircali.. waited overnight for the CD-Key. Did what you did with the Language pak. Works great. I will prob just buy the USA game as well. ArmA II is Awesome.

Comment

I 'm gonna wait for the 505 release... more bugs will be fixed and I 'm in no hurry.
                  Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                    I 'm gonna wait for the 505 release... more bugs will be fixed and I 'm in no hurry.
                    505 meaning the UK release, in case anyone is wondering.

| |

Comment

Installed last nite.
                      Having fun 'sploring as a goat.
                      Windows 7 rc (64 bit)
                      Intel QuadCore 9650 3.0Ghz (Yorkfield) running at 3.6Ghz
                      Nvidia GTX 285
                      Creative Xfi pro gamer
                      8 gig Corsair xms2 extreme DDR2 8500

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this for my German version? Seems alot of sites considered it a hack and it was removed; however, I'd really like to be able to play in English. Warm Regards.

Comment

French, Spanish, British and Italian version available for those who cannot wait:

http://arma2.nexway.com/index2.html?..._GB&REF=671796

Download available june 19th
                          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X