Like what you see? Join Us.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like what you see? Join Us.....

We are extremely glad to see so many gamers looking for a "mature" "no-nonsense" server for their ArmA2 experience, from news about the game, to watching information as we get it from the publishers and developers....

So join us.....to simply join the frum is free and takes but a few seconds.... introduce yourself, join on the servers and get ready to be part of one of the biggest ArmA2 communities in the world.....

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...er-report.html

All are very much welcome, no matter which time zone you are in......

Regards
    The Admin Team
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Like what you see? Join Us.....

I Just bought ArmA 2. I usually play fps and tactical military games on single player because of the immaturity of most of the players in online gaming. I heard about this site and joined because it said mature gamers. I am doing a lot of reading (Dlsyecxi's ArmA 2 Tactics) and the sops for the TG. I am nowhere near ready to play online yet,so I will play the singleplayer in ArmA 2 and continue reading until I feel comfortable enough .I am a retired US Navy CPO but a recruit at this game.

Comment

Hey Chief. Welcome aboard. My brother is serving in Oki as an Electronics Technician. Did you serve in the Submarine Service?

Listen. Don't fret about the SOP's. Of course they are important but just give a shout out to the server saying you are new and someone will pair up with you to help you along. We'll have an ARMA 2 server up shortly and you can look for me in game anytime.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I too also just got the game and have been going through the single player missions. I'm loving it!! Still learning the controls, but am very excited to get going online. Anyone have a microphone headset they would suggest?

Comment

Klaytonix I use the Microsoft USB Lifechat 3000 headset... it its superb and pefect for gaming as there is a mute push button and volume up and down control. Works very well with ArmA.
          BlackDog1

Comment

Hey guys I am interested in playing Arma 2 with you I just bought the game today and I am completely lost.

In-game Name Rohann
            Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan) None
            Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint? No
            Are you active in any other games at TG? No
            Any interest in mission editing/scripting? No
            Any real world Military experience? No

I am used to mostly cod4 type twitch games but have really liked more tactical games like rainbow six and AA, however I have never had the opportunity to play those games on a squad like tactical level, ie I have never been in a clan. Looking forward to playing with you guys.

Comment

Welcome, Rohann.

First place to start is TeamSpeak and just jump in... everyone starts somewhere and once you have a handle on the controls just follow some of the more experienced players and do not hesitate to ask for advice on something your not sure about.

Rgds
              BD1
              BlackDog1

Comment

Ok where do i find the ts info? Bah nm i found it. However I cannot find the game server.

Comment

filter for www.tacticalgamer.com

pw is on ts.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the community, but I liked everything I've read about how you guys play. I'm not that great a player, but I'd rather lose a dozen times playing as a team, then winning by lone wolfing it.

1. In-game Name: Siantis
                    2. Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan): None
                    3. Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?: Just Singleplayer
                    4. Are you active in any other games at TG?: No
                    5. Any interest in mission editing/scripting?: No
                    6. Any real world Military experience?: No

I don't have and really can't use a microphone where I live, so I can listen but only respond through text chat...

Edit: Just wanted to add that I played in the server for the first time tonight. The games are a LOT slower than you usually see, which is a good thing. Everyone working as a team, not running around in circles firing into the air, etc. Had a blast!
                    Last edited by Siantis; 07-04-2009, 10:05 PM.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

welcome Siaantis, having a mic is no bigge, just makes things slightly harder for you!

Comment

I just got ArmA 2 for my birthday a few days ago and have been playing it since. It's fun, but I'm looking for a more team-oriented experience. I've tried the TG CSS server and loved it so when I saw the server I had to try it.

1. In-game Name: Alien
                        3. Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?: Played ArmA 1
                        4. Are you active in any other games at TG?: CSS once in awhile
                        5. Any interest in mission editing/scripting?: Yes

Comment

Best way to learn ArmA is do it the hard way. Get on TS, get to know the guys, jump on the server and game on! This is the perfect way to learn this game. Read around the forums, make sure u read the SOPs so you know what to expect and what we expect when you come on the server.

Welcome at TG

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

Hey everyone! I've had the game for a few weeks now, but I felt that the online system left something to be desired.

Someone on a forum recommended you guys, so here I am.

Looks like a fun group, and I hope to see you all online.

That said I do have a question (probably not looking hard enough)

Went online today, and was looking for the TG servers - found 2, but both were not up, said creating game.... Is this accurate, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Is there a particular version of teamspeak I should be looking for? What versions do most members use?

Here's my info:
                            1. In-game Name - Lowbrow
                            2. Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan) - Nope
                            3. Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint? - Operation Flashpoint - singleplayer only- used to live in the Mid East, horrible connection
                            4. Are you active in any other games at TG? - Nope
                            5. Any interest in mission editing/scripting? - Have barely begun to scratch the surface, Mainly use the editors for training.
                            6. Any real world Military experience? - Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Siantis View Post
                              Hello everyone.

I'm new to the community, but I liked everything I've read about how you guys play. I'm not that great a player, but I'd rather lose a dozen times playing as a team, then winning by lone wolfing it.

1. In-game Name: Siantis
                              3. Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?: Just Singleplayer
                              4. Are you active in any other games at TG?: No
                              5. Any interest in mission editing/scripting?: No

I don't have and really can't use a microphone where I live, so I can listen but only respond through text chat...

Edit: Just wanted to add that I played in the server for the first time tonight. The games are a LOT slower than you usually see, which is a good thing. Everyone working as a team, not running around in circles firing into the air, etc. Had a blast!
                              Welcome aboard !!. We've got quite a few TGers from Massachusetts and New England. I'm in Massachusetts too (Boston area). Apophis is in RI. W6 is in Mansfield, Viper and Mosely in Maine...yada yada...

Bummer...can you talk to the roomies about your mic situation. It really does make it so much easier for everyone.

See you on the battlefield.
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse