Armed Assault 2: benchmark reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault 2: benchmark reviews

Since people continue to post random stuff in this thread, I will say it so it is easier to read
    keep this thread as a reference list of the tech review sites. If you want to start an upgrade suggestion thread, even a sticky, will be glad to do that (those that know me know I would be MORE than happy to do that ).

Reason is I don't want people having to scroll through hundreds of posts about personal rigs to find the actual reviews. We can comment on the articles themselves, like if they are doing something wrong.

I think someone posted a pic from one of the scores from this article, but a lot of people are going to be looking for more info, so figured I would start a thread to post links to tech reviews. If you spot a review where they tested multiple cards/cpu setups, please post a link below so people can make good decisions when upgrading.

This one you will notice has a little button at the top of the chart you can click to choose low or high settings. Also, notice that there are 2 pages to the article.

Armed Assault 2: Graphics card benchmarks and visual quality compared
    Last edited by Bamboo; 06-04-2009, 06:20 AM.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Armed Assault 2: benchmark reviews

It 'd be nice if people who have the game would post their specs, settings and average FPS.
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Intel Quad Core q6600 2.7
      4 Gig ram
      8800 GTS

all low exept terrain detail. View dis 2000 and fill rate 100%

30-40 fps
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Hey Ghost i have the same v-card 8800GTS crysis and same quad core as you but only 2 gig how would my specs work for this game ? will it run with settings on high ? or would i have to keep them low ?

Comment

Wow, looks like it's time for a video card upgrade. My 9800GTX is pretty low on the list.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Guys, sorry, but lets keep this thread as a reference list of the tech review sites. If you want to start an upgrade suggestion thread, even a sticky, will be glad to do that (those that know me know I would be MORE than happy to do that :D).

Reason is I don't want people having to scroll through hundreds of posts about personal rigs to find the actual reviews. We can comment on the articles themselves, like if they are doing something wrong.

Thanks

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Oh hell my first post here. Howdy folks.

I wouldn't fret too much about the benchmarks on that site. Reading the settings, they had the fillrate optimizer turned up to 150%, which according to several people who have the game already, will kill your performance in a hurry. I've seen videos of people with almost the same hardware I have, cept I have a 9800gtx and they have a 8800gtx, and they were running the game quite smoothly at decent settings, they just made sure the optimizer was at 100%. I'm just mentioning this so folks don't head out and buy a new videocard thinking they really need it and don't, unless they actually want a new one anyways.

on a side note, you people listing that you have an 8800gts, you might want to mention which version be it the older 320mb/640mb versions, or the more powerful 512mb version that was later released.

edit: and sorry Bamboo I didn't see your post. I'll speak of this no further.

Comment

It's cool Steak. And welcome to TG. Great first post :D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

A guy in the Armaholic forums just posting a kind of tweak guide.
                  If you are having issues or just want to get the max frames, this should help:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?...&p=54369#54369

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This was just put on Armaholic:

Tools / Test your Arma 2 performance - ArmAII-Mark released

It has a link the the BI forum where you can post your score and compare it to others.
                    Please don't post your scores in this thread. We can start a new thread if we want to do that.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                      A guy in the Armaholic forums just posting a kind of tweak guide.
                      If you are having issues or just want to get the max frames, this should help:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?...&p=54369#54369

Not very helpfull unfortunatly. A lot of their results are a one-off basis.
                      |TG|Ghost02
                      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I found that ArmA2 is more ram reliant, ghost has a quad core and I have a dual core and he has exactly double the processing power I have. We both have the same video card but I have double the amount of ram. Ghost runs the game on low and I run it on high. I also found this on the armaholic forums
                        200%=AA16x
                        150%=AA8x
                        133%=AA4x
                        125%=AA2x
                        100%=Off
                        I was wondering what fill rate was, having it at 100% really helped my performance
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Yeah, afaik fillrate basically sets the game's "internal" resolution, which is then scaled up or down to fill your monitor.

Here's an explanation I picked up from another forum:
                          Read some post explaining what the optimizer does: it scales the internal resolution. Say you're running 1280*960 res and 50% optimizer, then the game is rendered internally at 640*480 and blown up to fit display res, making it very blurry (think of zooming in on a photo). At 100%, things are normal, producing a very crisp picture, though you'll notice some jagged edges offcourse. At 150%... well you get the idea, less jagies.

Comment

FiringSquad.com just posted a review, and it is pretty good. Talks a lot about how the game can be bottlenecked, and what gfx. card you should be looking for. Again, look at the sticky about upgrading your computer for ARMA2 for some advice, and remember the next gen cards will be out about the end of summer.

3D Performance with ARMA II Demo

Here is a shot that should blow your mind.
                            It shows how bottlenecked your game can be if you have a lower CPU, even if you have a killer gfx. card

So no matter how good your gfx. card is, you can't go any higher because the CPU can't pull any more.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

New update to the article:

ArmA 2 patch v1.02: Update test with Multisampling AA and AM3 benchmarks

I like how this site lets you click and see instantly the differences in settings.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X