Pre-order ArmA 2 on Steam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-order ArmA 2 on Steam

Steam has just opened up pre-ordering for ArmA 2.

Date slated for NA release is June 26th, 2009.

Re: Pre-order ArmA 2 on Steam

Yeah, it is also up on the UK version of steam, but the date is given as " 30 June"

Comment

ARMA 2 Pre Order..STEAM US.. er.... Damn.. Beat to the punch!
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Yeah I was going to post it earlier this afternoon, but realized I hadn't registered on the forums yet.

Supposedly it will be available to all regions on Steam.
        ArmA
        Ingame: Snoopy
        Job: Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopyowns View Post
          Yeah I was going to post it earlier this afternoon, but realized I hadn't registered on the forums yet.
          Welcome to the forum :icon_cool
          Just registered and already have 4 posts. Good start!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Dont know if I should pre-order it on STEAM...

I remember people having troubles getting some patches and mods to work on it.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
            The BigC

Comment

The only problem with the Steam version of ArmA for me was it doesn't patch properly past 1.08 (just have to manually download the patch and install it, whoop-de-do) and the fact that ArmA is in a different folder, which isn't really a problem at all. FYI most (if not all) non Valve Steam games are installed just like a normal game, just in the Steam/steamapps/common folder.

Comment

Atari was the one to "give up" on Arma steam, I wonder whos doing the job on Arma 2? Hopefully they will follow up the game longer.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

I'm happy to say I've just preordered it. I stopped playing ArmA a few months ago, but it's nice to come back to the forums and see the familiar faces! Hopefully I'll see you all in-game at the end of June!

Comment

I like Steam and buy many games through it, but ArmA II will not be one of them. There are too many updates and mods that may or may not work with the Steam version. I for one won't take that chance.

Comment

Steam wants 48 euros for this, while play.com offers it for 29 euros. And then i get a hardcopy. Steam is getting too expensive.

So i pre-ordered it from play! ;)

Comment

Armaholic has the official word from Steam, as well as more about other ways to buy:

News / Arma 2 / General / Arma 2 available on steam

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                          Steam wants 48 euros for this, while play.com offers it for 29 euros. And then i get a hardcopy. Steam is getting too expensive.

So i pre-ordered it from play! ;)
                          Wow... They want $49.99 US dollars here in the states.. which is like 35 Euros.. I guess with Steam you save Shipping costs ... but 48 Euro's seems steep...

On a Steam note... I wonder if they will have STEAM "accomplishments.."? Seems that all games on STEAM have them... not that they are needed (or wanted) but it would be interesting to see if they try to get those in there...
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                            Wow... They want $49.99 US dollars here in the states.. which is like 35 Euros.. I guess with Steam you save Shipping costs ... but 48 Euro's seems steep...

On a Steam note... I wonder if they will have STEAM "accomplishments.."? Seems that all games on STEAM have them... not that they are needed (or wanted) but it would be interesting to see if they try to get those in there...
                            I hope not. Achievements seem to cause more run and gun rambo style play. Not always, but just how it feels.

Also, there is like a 5000 post thread in general steam forums about how Steam is more expensive for Europeans :( I feel bad for em because it really is way over priced.
                            ArmA
                            Ingame: Snoopy
                            Job: Mule

Comment

I love steam... but I do worry about how supported the patches from BIS will be and if there will be any issues with MODs as I believe this plagued ArmA1 in the past.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X