Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A.C.E Advanced Combat Environment 2 announced!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.C.E Advanced Combat Environment 2 announced!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73531

its just now on the drawing boards. post your suggestions!

Edit: Environment

"im free of all predjudices, i hate everyone equally" -Brad
    "Fine, ill just talk to my fellow corpses!"-Chris G-AKA Miles Tegg

Re: A.C.E Advanced Combat Environment 2 announced!

Shhhaweet...an why don't u have ArmA2 yet Vikk?
    "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
    "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
    Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

My suggestion is for the mod creators to play the published version when it arrives to the States (or the version already out in Europe, whichever) and THEN decide if ACE 2 is necessary. I'm sure it will be, however I think it is too early to produce suggestions for the mod.

Comment

I have some already, I disagree that it's too early.

No backblast. No overpressure. Not complete penetration modeling. Poor vehicle/crew damage modeling. No rucksacks (!!). Poor disposable AT modeling. No weight affecting stamina. No prone AT weapon position. No weapon rest.

I could go on I'm sure ...

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
          My suggestion is for the mod creators to play the published version when it arrives to the States (or the version already out in Europe, whichever) and THEN decide if ACE 2 is necessary. I'm sure it will be, however I think it is too early to produce suggestions for the mod.
          The team is playing A2 already. It's a good game, but there's definitely room for an ACE2 as well. Some of the people involved have been planning out potential new ACE2 features or changes for quite some time, too - it's definitely not be rushed into haphazardly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
            The team is playing A2 already. It's a good game, but there's definitely room for an ACE2 as well. Some of the people involved have been planning out potential new ACE2 features or changes for quite some time, too - it's definitely not be rushed into haphazardly.
            I second that! This is definatly not ArmA1 call me a fan or whatever u want total diff direction then ArmA1 campaign that is. ArmA2 an ACE2=wow can only imagine.
            "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
            "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
            Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
              Good to hear, wanting ACE2 to take into account everything ArmA 2 has added and improved and make changes and additions based on that alone has always been my main concern. I didn't have much doubt that this would take place, but I'm still glad to hear the sentiment mirrored.

As I don't have ArmA 2 yet I won't give too many specific suggestions, but on a general note: ACE holds a very unique and privileged position as being the one mod (and in a sense collection of mods) that is guaranteed to be used by a large part of the community by default and as-is. This has a large knock-on effect with many missions being created requiring ACE content.

So seeing as ACE is effectively widening the base that is ArmA/2 I'd like to see a greater selection of new content added, because that increases the variety of the missions that can be designed and we get to play. However I hope that all new content added will be of a very high quality - for example if porting weapons straight from ArmA to ArmA 2 means they aren't as detailed (I'm just assuming that will be the case) then I hope that will be avoided.

Very much looking forward to this!

Comment

Hopefully ACE 2 can arrive within the first 6/8 months after game release. The additions ACE made to the gameplay of ARMA was/is great, but came, for many, months, if not a year late.

Even if they can Crowbar ACE 1 into ARMA 2 quickly, that would be a great accomplishment.
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                  Hopefully ACE 2 can arrive within the first 6/8 months after game release. The additions ACE made to the gameplay of ARMA was/is great, but came, for many, months, if not a year late.
                  There is a long story behind why ACE1 took so long to come out, but it's the past - the current ACE team is not going to repeat those mistakes. They're already in the groove and have a process (well - processes) in place to keep things rolling along. It would be unwise to hypothesize about a release date at this point, but I would be confident in seeing it this year.

Even if they can Crowbar ACE 1 into ARMA 2 quickly, that would be a great accomplishment.
                  ACE2 and A2 deserve more than just a quick port. There are too many new things in A2 that need to be evaluated and considered, as well as things in ACE1 that deserve to be overhauled significantly regardless. Better to do it right than quick, really. Not to mention all the potentially new systems that are possible due to some of the new scripting commands available. :)

Comment

Yeh I definitely fall on the side of not rushing ACE out, but wanting a more comprehensive needs assessment on gaps in vanilla ArmA II (again can't speak to this until the US release).

I would like to see ACE supporting additional vehicles and objects in the package (above and beyond gameplay improvements/tweaks), so that these can be leveraged by mission makers. My understanding is the ArmA II german version only has a couple of helo's available per side without the Little Bird. This is an example of something I would love to see ACE close the gap on.
                    Last edited by Shiner; 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Great news. There is also a WWII mod being ported, I'd post the vid, but don't have 15 post yet, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Call911 View Post
                        Shhhaweet...an why don't u have ArmA2 yet Vikk?
                        becuase its not out in usa yet.....=/

"im free of all predjudices, i hate everyone equally" -Brad
                        "Fine, ill just talk to my fellow corpses!"-Chris G-AKA Miles Tegg

Comment

i personally think high priority is tank and IFV Fire control systems, once again BI have failed completely to even attempt to model this fundamental component of MBTs and IFVs. using what is in effect just aux. battle sights as your primary means of fire control is just silly

Comment

Also MLRS and the russian counterpart simulation.
                            |TG|Ghost02
                            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                              Also MLRS and the russian counterpart simulation.
                              This already exists. MLRS and Grad, at least.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X