Should be good!

:D

BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: VopSound Mod released for Arma2

- disabled engine start when turning turret
    :\

That's not a sound mod's territory at all .... that is a pretty damn significant gameplay change. :(

Comment

But more realistic, a gun turret should not need then engine running to simply turn. In order to not have a heat signature but to sit and hide, a Tank has to be able to turn it's turret on battery power to maintain hidden profile.

If the engine "turn on" feature has been disabled in this, I for one am very happy.
      BlackDog1

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
        But more realistic, a gun turret should not need then engine running to simply turn. In order to not have a heat signature but to sit and hide, a Tank has to be able to turn it's turret on battery power to maintain hidden profile.

If the engine "turn on" feature has been disabled in this, I for one am very happy.
        Yup when I was in the Army(Cav Scout) once we got our screen or over watch we'd shut down an scan on battery power..same as M1's. Has always been one nitpick about ArmA an I don't think it would be that hard to implement an addon to manage battery power. Every morning an everynite(stand2) was common for whole company troop SOP to startup an charge batteries etc.
        "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
        "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
        Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

I could care less if it is realistic or not.

Simple fact is, some players will be able to do it, some won't. That depends on what SOUNDS you are hearing???

Comment

I was merely pointing out the realism factor is something I personally like, however the point I was making is that if this is that easily changeable then this should be either in an ArmA2 patch or ACE mod to include as it is a more realistic change for the better.

Considering most people will use VOP sound mod, it shouldnt be a problem until a more permanent solution is introduced to the game.

But the statement "I could care less if it is realistic or not" is a rapid change of heart for you. I thought all your endeavours were to try and encourage realism?
            BlackDog1

Comment

Sounds good. [Pun intended]

Its really good actually, much better than normal Arma2.

"!Known Issues:
              -AI controlled MLRS with artillery module placed won't fire anymore
              -player controlled MLRS with artillery module placed will blow up when firing

I need urgent help on this, can someone take a look into the config please? I've no idea whats causing this."

Wait. =| WHAT THE F***! How? How can that happen?
              Last edited by Ghost02; 06-08-2009, 09:20 PM.
              |TG|Ghost02
              TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

This thing about the engine turning on when you turn the turret - did ACE mod that out in ArmA? Because I don't remember encountering that, and when I put a tank down in the editor in ArmA I can move the turret fine with the engine off.

Comment

Thanks BD for the link. It sounds great!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

im satisfied with the ARMA 2 sounds.

the flyby sounds...bullet cracks and wizzes.

vop really slaughterd this. it sounds like ARMA 1.

ill wait for a sound mod that sticks with ARMA2's territory

"im free of all predjudices, i hate everyone equally" -Brad
                    "Fine, ill just talk to my fellow corpses!"-Chris G-AKA Miles Tegg

Comment

interesting...not having heard this yet, would be interested to hear others views. Personally I felt VOP got it pretty nicely done and certainly aircraft were so much better with VOP, will soon see for myself which I prefer more, stock A2 sounds or VOP.
                      BlackDog1

Comment

I like them better to an extent. They have much more powerfull sounds, but some of them I just don't like. The RU weapons are great. The m-16 and m-4 is great. The A-10 shooting is not so great. To me, it is better than arma2 standerd.
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I think VOP makes Arma 2 better. Flyby sounds are still there as goes for the bulletimpacts. Vehicles sound alot better so do the weapons. So far im very happy with VOP2
                          A day of battle is a day harvest for the devil

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X