Arma 2 scripts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 scripts

Isn't a sub-forum for this yet, so I put it here for now.

Been making some scripts for Arma 2, with a lot of help from bert. Some pretty neat stuff is going to be possible in Arma 2, I am sure of it.

We've got code for dragging objects, it can be anything, but currently we just have ammo boxes and mortars. Though, with the fiddling on numbers, you just need to supply a good looking point for the object to attach to the player. The objects have hit detection too, so I'm sure a bayonet script could be hacked together ;)

bert made some fantastic code that makes towing objects look much better, so it will be possible to tow anything you want, cannons, trucks, tanks, etc. Currently, it is for ground vehicles, but it could likely be modified for air vehicles too.

I've made a quick implementation of a PR-esque rallypoint system with a few additions/changes. Each squad has their own RP. RPs can be placed anywhere, but if an enemy gets within 300m of it, it is moved back to main base. The platoon has a rallypoint also, same rules. The 1IC/2IC of each unit (squad or platoon) can move the rallypoint around. So, if your leader dies, you can still "save" the rallypoint. Members of a squad can only teleport to their squad's rallypoint and the platoon rallypoint. Also, people not part of the platoon (air crews, APC crews, tank crews, etc) cannot teleport to ANY rallypoint. This should help prevent those players who choose a pilot role, yet run around with an infantry squad!

Another quick script I just made was a simple disposable AT weapon script. Some new commands in Arma 2 made doing this a LOT easier and simpler. There are still some ways to exploit it, but the proof of concept is there. You will no longer need to carry M136/RPG18 rockets around, the tube is enough. There is a slight "issue", you will be able to spawn and drop as many rockets as you like. But, once you fire, the launcher is deleted when you switch back to your rifle. Working on some solutions to this problem, as you could drop rounds, fire, pick them up, fire, etc. Should be solvable.

I'm sure lots more interesting things will come up soon.

Re: Arma 2 scripts

Looking good, keep up the good work.

Have you guys tested it in MP yet?
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Looks pretty cool. Especially love the idea of disposable AT without having to wait for ACE 2. Seems like scripting/modding wise ArmA 2 has opened a lot of doors.

Comment

Sounds good!I like the towing part.Always wanted to tow my canon to somewhere!Well Beita with your scripting and mission planning skills I think we all at TG can look forward to a lot of interesting battles lying ahead of us.Well I think I can thank you so long for the one's that will come.:row__523:
        |TG| Eugene
        sigpic
        Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Just played a mission with, get ready for it, an AC-130! M119 and M2 and TOWS and everything. holy crap was it amazing.
          |TG|Ghost02
          TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
            Just played a mission with, get ready for it, an AC-130! M119 and M2 and TOWS and everything. holy crap was it amazing.
            Hahah awesome!

| |

Comment

Sounds awesome, I love games that are open for scripting... reminds me of the good old Medal of Honor days.

Just a few more days and we can all start doing our own stuff :).
              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

They still need an OFPWatch type of program that would stream down missing addon content. Short of that mission makers are forced to either stick to vanilla objects or require an addon that most players don't have loaded.

Comment

Already made. A while ago.

Yoma's Addon Synchroniser, link: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_...-addonsync2009

Comment

Im not any good at coding, but it would be possible to make the AT4 act in the same way as a hand grenade, apart from the throw is launching it, and it goes straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                      Im not any good at coding, but it would be possible to make the AT4 act in the same way as a hand grenade, apart from the throw is launching it, and it goes straight.

?
                      A day of battle is a day harvest for the devil

Comment

Some great ideas there Beita, I can't wait to get ArmA 2 and start some serious convoy action.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                          I think what gunner means is instead of the AT4 just disapearing, The player does a ''throw hand grenade'' animation and throws the AT4 Tube.
                          PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post

OMG LOL Nice1
                            Have u guys seen this? man theres lots of cool stuff in here for u map makers.http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5853 been working on a armor assault mission (my first) using BAS_f can't wait to see some of the amazing stuff u guys come up with!
                            "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
                            "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
                            Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                              I've made a quick implementation of a PR-esque rallypoint system with a few additions/changes. Each squad has their own RP. RPs can be placed anywhere, but if an enemy gets within 300m of it, it is moved back to main base. The platoon has a rallypoint also, same rules. The 1IC/2IC of each unit (squad or platoon) can move the rallypoint around. So, if your leader dies, you can still "save" the rallypoint. Members of a squad can only teleport to their squad's rallypoint and the platoon rallypoint. Also, people not part of the platoon (air crews, APC crews, tank crews, etc) cannot teleport to ANY rallypoint. This should help prevent those players who choose a pilot role, yet run around with an infantry squad!
                              Question, is there any way to transfer squad or platoon leadership on the fly?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X