Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does ArmA2 compare to ArmA1 with ACE ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does ArmA2 compare to ArmA1 with ACE ?

Iím curious, as Iíve been replaying some of the missions in ArmA1 with the ACE mod.

Iím finding that the AIís fire seems to be more dispersed (makes firefights much more fun), they seem to be making more tactical decisions and even crawling up to an APC you arenít spotted (unless you foolishly stand up in their line of sight.) so you can plant a satchel charge under it.

Wondering how ArmA2 stacks up against this (other than obviously the graphics).
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: How does ArmA2 compare to ArmA1 with ACE ?

Arma 2 is a complete new game compared to arma 1. For the tactics we used in Arma 1 me and Socom found that just wont do anymore.

Example :
    Attacking from the edge of a forrest makes the enemy squad split up and actually try to flank you from multiple sides while others of the enemy squad stand ground and supres you. while being supressed the moving forces have time to get behind you or on your flank.

We found out that hit and run tactics are the way to go when operating in small groups.

Begin situation as us would be black.
    1 :

Attack begins typical arma 1 situation
    2 :

Enemy starts returning fire (supress)
    3 :

Now here is where the new ai system from Arma 2 kicks in where as in arma 1 you would stabnd your ground and fight this will epic fail in arma 2
    4 :

So attack and pull back !
    5 :

This way you keep the the overview on enemy movement
    6 :

Keep moving back is essential since they will reorganize etc and trust me this goes pretty quick. The AI is on a whole new level in arma 2 and improved greatly.
    A day of battle is a day harvest for the devil

Comment

Many thanks for the detailed summary.

Sure does look like the AI is more active in ArmA2..really looking forward to it.
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

lol loved the art work :D

Good to hear the AI has some brain power this time :)

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Paint FTW !
          A day of battle is a day harvest for the devil

Comment

Sounds great. I would add that ACE AI "seems" to behave infinitely better than the original ArmA AI. For example playing today on the TG Domination on Schmalfelden, we had an enemy AI squad actually come hunting for us in the woods and several AI flanked quite nicely.

However what is clear is that the AI system seems to have been improved even further in A2 which will make CoOp a great deal more challenging.

Nice demonstration Fans...thanks
            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse