ARMA 2 Demo Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA 2 Demo Benchmarks

OK- Ive tried playing around with the benchmark sequence in the ARMA 2 demo but it seems to give me funny results?

Very High = 27 FPS
    High = 27 FPS
    Normal = 26 FPS
    Low = 33 FPS
    Very Low = 38 FPS

So although the difference in graphics are very different at these settings I get relatively little change in FPS when lowering my settings. Changing anything at the top end seems to make no difference. Does anyone else find this?

FYI my system is:

AMD PhenomII X4 940 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU
    4 gig DDR2 800
    GTX 275

Re: ARMA 2 Demo Benchmarks

Where is the benchmark sequence?

Comment

Very High = 24 FPS
      High = 25 FPS
      Normal = 25 FPS
      (didn't do low and lower)

and considering movies are shown at 24 FPS seems quit smooth to me though TBH there are some "choke points" where the FPS drop quit a bit

and here are my system specs...
      Windows XP SP2
      AMD Athlon 64x2 4200+ @ 2.21 GHz
      Asus A8N5X MB
      2 GB RAM
      ATI 4870 1 G

To be honest , after reading about all the high end CPU's people were buying along with the souped up GPU's I wasn't really expecting to get anywhere near this performance.

Played ArmA1 (with a 3850 512M) for ages with about the same FPS as I'm getting in ArmA2 now so guess I can carry on until I'm ready to upgrade the MB and CPU this fall.
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
        Where is the benchmark sequence?
        Its under the single player missions- the last one is a benchmark sequence.

Comment

This game I've noticed relies more on your processor than video card. You need a fast as your ass processor to process more than like 20 units on your screen at once. I found this out because I have an EVGA Nvidia GTX 260 and 4 gigs of Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM but only an AMD 2.4Ghz dual core processor and no matter how much I turn down my graphics settings it still lags with so much going on on the screen/map at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellum View Post
            This game I've noticed relies more on your processor than video card. You need a fast as your ass processor to process more than like 20 units on your screen at once. I found this out because I have an EVGA Nvidia GTX 260 and 4 gigs of Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM but only an AMD 2.4Ghz dual core processor and no matter how much I turn down my graphics settings it still lags with so much going on on the screen/map at once.
            Would a quad core help more than a dual core in that case?

Comment

Originally posted by DoomJuice View Post
              Would a quad core help more than a dual core in that case?
              Here you go http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3807

So basically it doesn't matter whether it's quad or dual core, like most games, the main thing that matters is the Ghz rating. The higher the better. Unless that statement in the link changes upon release and ArmA 2 does have built-in support for quad-cores.

Personally I'm going to buy a new quad core processor right now.

Comment

Great link. Thank you very much.

Comment

I really hope BIS puts proper Quad Core support in, as otherwise my Q6600 (default clocks) is a bit lacking.

Comment

My Q9450 is okay I guess @ 2,66Ghz, but I 'll be overclocking it to 3,2Ghz between this and a month. I 'll let you know if that changes much.

Need to get a new CPU cooler first.
                    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Ghost dog, did you see my post about the new CPU cooler Corsair is about to release? It was in the ComputeX 2009 post in the tech forum. Might want to look into it a bit more. $70 for a tiny self contained CPU water cooler.

Edit: Just read the link to armaholic above, and was thinking it sounded familiar, and then read the comments for the article. Guess who posted a comment? :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

On high settings I am getting 11FPS according to the benchmark with a variety of high advanced settings.

I have a Centrino Core2 Duo in my Toshiba Laptop beast, with 2gig of RAM, would I be advised to get more RAM to take it to 4gig...will that improve matters somewhat?

BD1
                        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Well BD, upping the RAM is about the only thing you can do. You might could just decide to go with the BMW 5 series instead of the 7, and that should leave you enough $$ to buy a decent rig that would top out ARMA2 :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Heheheh hardly 7 series....freakin Bicycle at this rate.....
                            :(

Yep the RAM it shall be.... the new Rig will have to wait! :)
                            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Any way to get the benchmark in the retail version? Is it just a mission?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X