Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Single Player Campaign SPOILER THREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL Single Player Campaign SPOILER THREAD!

(Its Official because I typed it in the title!)

Ok..Lets start kicking out the single player Spoilers/Tips etc.

First.. I can't kill the dang Sniper.. Either I take too long, cant find him or another Allied Forced guy caps him. Tips?

Secondly. The two guys who capped MILES.. I can stop them from Getting away. Any tips for me on that one? I got a Radio message that stated the one guy was in a hatch back enroute north to some town, but I guess on an Intecept spot and missed apparently.

Thirdly. I found the Main Insurgent base and used ARTY support on it...I picked Fire for Effect WillyP... Seemed to clear out alot of the targets, but is there a better choice? Not sure what all the options were..

Fourthly?: I lost my Helo support. I;m not sure... But I found a dude with a Strela at the main base...so maybe that's what took it out... But does it ever come back?.. I hate looking for a ride.,.
    (UPDATE: Never got Helo support back in Manhatten. I did pick up a LAV from the Manhattan base and that worked very well. Like in real life.. why walk when you can drive a tank?)

TIP>> SAVE!! SAVE AND SAVE AGAIN!!>>> Thats all I got for now..
    Last edited by peardog; 06-28-2009, 07:58 PM.
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: OFFICIAL Single Player Campaign SPOILER THREAD!

I too am abit annoyed too. I haven't reverted yet to retry the look for Waldo mission.
    However, thinking back. I might retry that mission with the sniper around the factory.
    Might try just leaving the team back at start & going full belt towards the sniper spot. Unless its scripted (won't know until I break up the mission)

So far, I haven't managed to find the "Boss." Also, lost my UAV and Starforce support. No where to contact either to utilize them.
    Probably a mission bug & need to retry it.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I got frustrated when I flew into some trees and gave up the single player.
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

ok... So now I am doing the Manhatten Set.. and I am down to Locating the Insurgency Leader (After I took out the Main Base. I didn't locate him there..)
        (UPDATE: I Went back in a LAV and drove around the orignal main base area...I ended up finding the lead guy (NIKOTIN) there and I capped him..He whined a bit and i tried to heal him but it didn't work.Mission ACCOMPLISHED!)
        ...and I need another piece of Evidence of War atrocities (I assume the first was the pit of bodies at the beginning..).. Ideas?

Oh..another issue.. My Gunner with the SAW.. he ran out of ammo out in the field and I had him pickup a weap of a dead enemy. I figured I could replace the SAW when I got back to Manhattan..but I can't find any weaps.. just ammo truck.. Are there no crates to be had out there?
        Thanks.
        Last edited by peardog; 06-28-2009, 07:54 PM.
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

There's a little netted area right behind your commander that you talk to at the beginning of the mission. There's ammo crates there.

Comment

Wait, you're on the mission Manhattan right? I'm talking about where you get the briefing for the mission in FOB Manhattan. In the center of FOB Manhattan there's a camo netted off area and there's boxes there. Not where you get briefed in Razor Two,

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post

First.. I can't kill the dang Sniper.. Either I take too long, cant find him or another Allied Forced guy caps him. Tips?
              I had this problem too. The way I completed it was to just keep running out to the side of the town as soon as the task comes through, then just to charge the building he's in with my entire squad :D

1 of my squaddies killed him so not sure exactly were he is, still that's how I did it. :)

Comment

Manhattan mission is buggy.
                http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73391

Originally posted by thyco
                First and formost, I will try to keep this a verbose as possible inorder to avoid any spoilers however chances are that some od the bugs im reporting will be spoilers.

* The mission its self can cause a memory leak and produce an out of memory crash. Doesnt happen all the time, ive managed to complete the mission once with out a crash happening.

* No way to tell CS Boomerang to attack. ( no option comes up in any of the raidio channels, thus making that objective come down to luck if the assault force happen to move in themselves.

* This leads to another bug, CS boomerang seems to dissappear with in a certain time frame of not being ordered to attack.

* using the Artillery support will only work once and after that you loose both the arty support AND starforce 21 even if starforce 21 was not shot down.

These are the major bugsm with this mission that can cause it to be EXTREMELY frustrating to finish, though with time, effort and alot of use of the save/load feature i have been able to successfully finish the mission 2 times and found no bugs or broken scripts with the following two missions afterwards.

Contray to the review put forth by PCgames.de, Mission Manhatten is not unplayable or impossible to complete, it just takes alot of effort and time to get completed.

Comment

Originally posted by chaka View Post
                  But really has alot of possibilities when someone cleans it up a bit.. It's a nice big sandbox... I like it..

..What I don't like is Stealth Missions with AI.. Arrg... There should be an override...I say don't shoot, unless they shoot at you..then go for it... Don't just take the fire..I appreciate listening to orders..but Geez..

Also I notice ..they really like to BOUND.. I mean..we are running across a field at night... avoiding a BMP and some baddies..and all I want to do is get to the forest... Well there they go.. Bounding about in the field..covering each other.. I must have had it set on a certain mode/stance or something...
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

The Sniper is on the roof of the factory building. I just went up all the flights of stairs and climbed the ladder and he was laying in one of the corners of the building. The building is also populated by 3-4 other tango's so be careful they up on the walkways.

I still can't find the leaders though, i've been driving all over the island but no joy and for some reason i lost starforce 21 which i don't understand since he never got shot down :/

Comment

I experienced all the same issues peardog. I've un-pbo'd the campaign files and looked at the coding... it is as bad as something I would put together. Its pretty disappointing that they don't have a more sophisticated approach to building these missions and they remain so buggy.

I love this game and hate it at the same time. I'm really struggling not to hold the actual "combat mechanisms" against it.. but having got used to the smoothness of games like L4d, its hard to go back to ArmA2. I know that is a big apple vs orchard comparison, but be it as it may, I don't find actually engaging in a firefight in ArmA very fun given I'm often shot and killed without even seeing the enemy AI. I thought the medic thing would help this, but it doesn't seem to be robust enough in its current implementation.

Comment

Also I notice ..they really like to BOUND.. I mean..we are running across a field at night... avoiding a BMP and some baddies..and all I want to do is get to the forest... Well there they go.. Bounding about in the field..covering each other.. I must have had it set on a certain mode/stance or something...
                        Aware mode= no bounding
                        Danger mode= bounding forever

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                          Aware mode= no bounding
                          Danger mode= bounding forever
                          Great info!!
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                            I don't find actually engaging in a firefight in ArmA very fun given I'm often shot and killed without even seeing the enemy AI. I thought the medic thing would help this, but it doesn't seem to be robust enough in its current implementation.
                            I agree with firefights etc.. my surround sound headphones are broken now so I can't even locate with sounds of gun shots... so I just cower behind a tree and peek out now and then. I get very few kills... Luckily my AI, when not getting shot at in the open, seem to know their AI brethren and are able to pick them off..

I do like when you get past the Manhattan mission and get into the Base Building mode kinda fun. It realyl brings a new Strategic element into game play. Although my AI are getting me killed (Dude's..there is a BUNKER..get in it!!) and I can't get p[ast the second town (Navoy Sabor) and all the vehicles...I keep trying... Someday the correct combo will kick it and I will take that town!!
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

I agree with firefights etc.. my surround sound headphones are broken now so I can't even locate with sounds of gun shots... so I just cower behind a tree and peek out now and then. I get very few kills... Luckily my AI, when not getting shot at in the open, seem to know their AI brethren and are able to pick them off..

I do like when you get past the Manhattan mission and get into the Base Building mode kinda fun. It realyl brings a new Strategic element into game play. Although my AI are getting me killed (Dude's..there is a BUNKER..get in it!!) and I can't get p[ast the second town (Navoy Sabor) and all the vehicles...I keep trying... Someday the correct combo will kick it and I will take that town!!
                              Ok sounds like I need to push through the Manhattan mission. I've had to restart twice because the mission got bugged and I couldn't complete it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X