Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma2 demo performance issues.

Hey guys.

I downloaded the demo yesterday and am totally un happy with the performance of my PC while playing it.

Im running vista 32bit, 2.66 dual core 6700 processor, 3GB ram (4 really....but i failed and bought 32 bit vista :P ) and a 912MB geforce 8800 GTX card.

Im running everything on Normal settings and im not impressed with the fps or the little "lags" every now and then.

Any tips on how to improve performance as i though my machine was fairly good in terms of specs.
    I dont think ill buy the full game if i cannot get better performance as dropping to low settings with my specs seems like a waste of buying a reasonably powerfull pc.
    Thanks!
    Nihility

Re: Arma2 demo performance issues.

From what Ive heard Arma 2 id CPU dependent so try overclocking your cpu

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Yep Adept is correct, try to overclock it. That video card should be enough to handle arma2 in normal settings.

EDIT: Try the -maxmem=2047 command also, it should give you less "lag".
      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Not too pleased either. Ordered a Quad Core Q9550 over-clocked to 3.4Ghz with 4GB RAM and a 4870 512MB vid card. I have most settings at normal and MSAA at low. I avg. about 25 FPS when playing the single mission games. This is at 1680x1050 res. I expected a lot better performance with that CPU and video card.

I was getting a lot of blinking textures and I read that setting the Video Memory to 'Very High' would help out. It stopped the blinking textures (which is great!) but no boost in fps.

Comment

Try turning object and terrain detail to low. Post proc off. Shadows low or off. Match rez and 3d interface rez.
          Use NVidia 182 drivers.
          In Nvidia control panel, choose performance on the slider.
          Windows 7 rc (64 bit)
          Intel QuadCore 9650 3.0Ghz (Yorkfield) running at 3.6Ghz
          Nvidia GTX 285
          Creative Xfi pro gamer
          8 gig Corsair xms2 extreme DDR2 8500

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
            Yep Adept is correct, try to overclock it. That video card should be enough to handle arma2 in normal settings.

EDIT: Try the -maxmem=2047 command also, it should give you less "lag".
            I presume u stick that into the command line in the shortcut?
            What does it actually do?
            Nihility

Comment

It makes ArmA use 2047MB of RAM rather than the default 512 or somesuch. I don't know about in A2 as I never ran it without that on but in ArmA 1 it made it many many times faster in certain areas.

Comment

Try to roll back to 1.7x early 1.8x-drivers for your graphics card. I've heard they work MUCH better with ArmA2 and the ol' 8800 than the new drivers do. With that rig of yours you should be able to run pretty much everything on 'High' without going below 25fps

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
                  Try to roll back to 1.7x early 1.8x-drivers for your graphics card. I've heard they work MUCH better with ArmA2 and the ol' 8800 than the new drivers do. With that rig of yours you should be able to run pretty much everything on 'High' without going below 25fps
                  I know thats why im pissed off with it. Surely im not THAT much out of date? :L
                  Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                    I presume u stick that into the command line in the shortcut?
                    What does it actually do?
                    Correct, add it to the command line in the shortcut.
                    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I updated to those 186 drivers, much better FPS and i was even able to turn graphics up a bit. Still have a problem mainly on single player where it just freezes for a second (sound continues) every 20 or so seconds. Quiet anoying.

Any one else getting this?
                      Nihility

Comment

Demo runs fine for me. No issues. get around 30 fps most of the settings maxed AA off. 8800gt. Phenom 940 3gigs of ram.

Will be picking the game up soon havent decided whether i want to go steam or wait for retail.

HardCa$h

Comment

hi

dont know what is up with this game, i have an e8400 and a 260 gtx.
                          doesnt matter if i oc the **** outa the gfx card, i get 18-22fps on any detail or res
                          even if i run cpu at 4ghz i gain 2fps. on vista 32 and xp 64 no difference in fps, also tried clean instal and raid 0 setup to no benefit.
                          if the game was cpu bound, im guessing that a 1ghz oc on cpu should get me more than 2fps, even people with quad cores runnin at 3 gig get mid 20 fps...
                          patch is needed or a product recall....

Comment

oh this is the full game btw patch 1.025

Comment

Yes I oc'ed my i7 from 2.5 to 3.8 and only received an additional 5 fps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X