North America release date(s) confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North America release date(s) confusion

Is it just me or is the release/unlock date in north america a moving target? I looked around last week and found my local outlets all had a release date of later in June or even July. Gogamer.com listed it as 'in stock' so I ordered it. They didn't lie - I got my copy last Thursday, the 25th of June. While I was playing this weekend someone on teamspeak pointed out that gogamer wasn't shipping until July 1st. Wha?? I checked, and sure enough, they aren't shipping anymore. I typically don't buy games this early, but I've never seen anything like this. What's (or what isn't) the deal?

I guess in another week or so it will be a moot point, but I just wanted to point it out. Seems really odd.

Regardless, it's a fantastic game and plays quite well for out-of-box - seems to me that BF2 had more problems than this does off the line. Can't wait for the TG servers to develop.

Re: North America release date(s) confusion

Yea I had similar problems. I went to Gamestop yesterday thinking it was out. The associate said it wasn't going to be released until next week sometime. So, I went home and downloaded it on Steam. Seems very strange. By the way, this game is awesome. Wish it was just a bit more optimized, guess I need to boost my PC a little bit though.
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Comment

Who is the NA publisher?

Comment

Got Game Entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandaid View Post
          Yea I had similar problems. I went to Gamestop yesterday thinking it was out. The associate said it wasn't going to be released until next week sometime. So, I went home and downloaded it on Steam. Seems very strange. By the way, this game is awesome. Wish it was just a bit more optimized, guess I need to boost my PC a little bit though.
          I'm pretty amazed at how well optimized it is. Compare this much more niche game to say Crysis and the drastic difference in graphics versus performance is spectacular. Not to mention what seems to be significantly more complex CPU usage versus most other FPS games.

Maybe it's just me but I seem to remember from years ago when gaming itself was much more niche that computers needed to be upgraded significantly more frequently in order to pull playable speeds from newer games. Now you can play brand new games on 3 year or older hardware. Some better than others, yes, but in general modern low settings are much more old friendly then older games that didn't even have multiple quality settings. About 6 years ago there was a huge jump when games wouldn't even play without a rather new graphics card due to the use of shaders.

Comment

Good thing I ordered from gogamer.com on that Monday then and got it Thursday. :D

By now, some of the bigger names should have it.

Comment

Like i posted last week EB games here in Canada is releasing the game July 7 , i'll wait till then

Comment

I can't believe you got it from Gogamer. Their date has changed a bunch of times, and I have never seen it listed "in stock".

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yeah, the date originally on the Gamestop webpage and in the stores is today. I went in yesterday to double check that, and they said it had been moved to next week.

Oh well, I guess that's the price I pay for wanting a hard copy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X