Disable Auto-Spotting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Auto-Spotting?

I was playing as a Squad Leader on a server earlier and my character was constantly auto-spotting targets that I haven't even seen with my own eyes yet. Even when I spawn on the airstrip he'll start shouting "Unknown. Man. South. Of. Me. Very. Close!". I tried disabling one of the things someone suggested in the controls but it didn't work. Is this server-side or can I turn it off?

It really cuts into communication when my character is constantly yelling over my own voice.

Re: Disable Auto-Spotting?

ADDon Spotted Right close , four - five - six download at hXXp://XXX.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6032

one require 15 posts at forum left to be able to post url so edit the XX out

that addon should help with that

Comment

It is a server-side setting. All depends on the server's difficulty settings. Luckily there are addons to make the AI shut up (voice-wise), but the actual spotting will still be done if the server has enabled. At least you'll be rid of the voice-spam with the above addon.

Comment

Here you go Ka-Oz: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6032

kevlarorc, use the addon that Ka-Oz posted, and the irritating auto-spot will shut up. The other solution is server side, like Inkompetent said.
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

auto-spotting targets that I haven't even seen with my own eyes yet.

good point, I find the camo works really well to the point where I have to be careful not to lose my own team. Realised you can just press space now but a couple times I turned round and everyone had disappeared into the forest with no sign of breadcrumbs!

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X