Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get started?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I get started?

    Hey guys,

    Just bought and played ArmA2. And found it to be quite horrible. I mean the online is really the only reason I got it, and the graphics of course.

    You see I got really accustomed to Project Reality. I played it since .5 And I just loved the teamwork. But I was looking for a change in graphics. Since the BF2 Engine really just has its limits.


    I already answered the few questions in the "report in" thread for ArmA players. And now I just really want to get into a "division" or something like that so that I an play in organized matches with ranks and commanders, squad leaders. I'm really into the simulation aspect. I mean calling in for air support etc. is just great.

    So please guide me the right way.


    Kind Regards,


    Peter

  • #2
    Re: How do I get started?

    Mmk. As of the moment TG does not have an Arma2 server, so most matches are private pick-up games. Once the server is up you'll get the whole breifing, squad leading, order following fun that arma is. Just gotta wait.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder



    "I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How do I get started?

      At the moment I don't think any single larger community or clan has done the transfer to ArmA2. They are still in the process of setting up the servers and (re)making missions for the game. Have faith though. You should see more and more structured servers pop up within the coming weeks.



      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How do I get started?

        In the meantime, I've had luck finding empty public servers, then jumping on TS here at the forums and getting a group of TG guys to all join a game. That way you at least get some high quality players and you can have some fun.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How do I get started?

          That's pretty sweet Python. Well I'll probably just wait for now. Can I use the [TG] Tag though?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How do I get started?

            yes you can use the |TG| tag as long as you read and adhere the primer
            here:http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...uncements.html
            and the arma sop's
            here:http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...must-read.html
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...rocedures.html

            this may also be useful to read
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...d-assault.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How do I get started?

              My advice is to play on the servers for a bit before you decide to apply the TG tag. TG is not a clan but a community. You don't have to be TG tagged to play on the server. Many long time TG regulars don't wear the tag in game. Get to know some of the old hands and the new ones too. Make yourself known. Don't be afraid to lead or volunteer for duty. If you think it's a good fit...then put on the tag.

              TG is about discipline, teamwork and communication...and fun. ARMA, specifically, is about patience, first and foremost. Staying alive is the primary objective, not racking up enemy kills. The thrill of this game comes equally in both the planning and the execution stage.

              If all these things sound like a good fit then you are probably in the right place.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How do I get started?

                Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                My advice is to play on the servers for a bit before you decide to apply the TG tag. TG is not a clan but a community. You don't have to be TG tagged to play on the server. Many long time TG regulars don't wear the tag in game. Get to know some of the old hands and the new ones too. Make yourself known. Don't be afraid to lead or volunteer for duty. If you think it's a good fit...then put on the tag.

                TG is about discipline, teamwork and communication...and fun. ARMA, specifically, is about patience, first and foremost. Staying alive is the primary objective, not racking up enemy kills. The thrill of this game comes equally in both the planning and the execution stage.

                If all these things sound like a good fit then you are probably in the right place.
                Amen on that! If this game is played correctly, as TG is know for, then it will make you feel like you accomplished something in life. What other FPS game can do that without registering a kill?
                "Man cannot live on bread alone."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How do I get started?

                  ya Im excited to see real team work.I played an average of 13 hours a day over the weekend.A bunch of highs and lows
                  1 lows the amount of team killing children
                  2 highs:Everyone in a while you get a group with teamwork.My wife came into the room thinking a was made I was yelling due to how fun organization was

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How do I get started?

                    Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
                    At the moment I don't think any single larger community or clan has done the transfer to ArmA2. They are still in the process of setting up the servers and (re)making missions for the game. Have faith though. You should see more and more structured servers pop up within the coming weeks.
                    +yeah that
                    If you show your head then your dead....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How do I get started?

                      Originally posted by joman View Post
                      ya Im excited to see real team work.I played an average of 13 hours a day over the weekend.A bunch of highs and lows
                      1 lows the amount of team killing children
                      2 highs:Everyone in a while you get a group with teamwork.My wife came into the room thinking a was made I was yelling due to how fun organization was
                      Well I played today with a few of our TG guys. was great. I already feel like I'm apart of the community Just love it. Flew the helo. Transported troops. Great Teamwork. I just CAN'T wait until this TG ArmA 2 thing picks up. So excited :D


                      Played today with Joman :D, and Nner, and W1CK3D. And DaShnipa and few others. GOOD TIMES GUYS!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How do I get started?

                        :D Happy you found your place! We always need good pilots, just as well as good leaders.
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder



                        "I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How do I get started?

                          Pclise that was fun last night wasnt it.The cordinated movement of the supressing fire and the inf attack.It shows the potention of mutliplayer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How do I get started?

                            I remember where you would log on and just spend and hour or two cleaning up the map and moving trucks and Helo's back to base etc.. It was more work then game... and it was FUN!.. Crazy shizzle.. a Truck/Convoy Sim..!!
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                            ..now where did I put my keys?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How do I get started?

                              Originally posted by peardog View Post
                              I remember where you would log on and just spend and hour or two cleaning up the map and moving trucks and Helo's back to base etc.. It was more work then game... and it was FUN!.. Crazy shizzle.. a Truck/Convoy Sim..!!
                              LOL agree, I actually really enjoyed this part. I do remember modding evo so the helo's had a tow cable and thought it was pretty fun to tow all the wrecked vehicles back to base for repair and then deliver them to the troops fighting!


                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X