Preview in the Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview in the Editor

Okay this is a easy question to answer and shouldn't have been hard to find, but I can't seem to find the dam preview button in the editor. The manual speaks of this so called preview button that allows you to test out your edited map yet I cant seem to find it. Someone save me from my stupidity!

Re: Preview in the Editor

There are no stupid questions. :D

Ive sometimes gotten lost on webpages trying to find things as stupid as the "Contact Us" button :D

The preview button is located in between the buttons "Texture" and "exit" at the bottom right corner of ure editor screen. It will only appear once you have selected one unit with the Control option of "player".

Hope that sorts it out for ya.

On a side note and completly off topic if anyone knows how to make respawns in multiplayer op flash point maps could they PM me?

Cheers
    Nihility

Comment

Oh a playable character, thats what I was missing. Ive seen videos though where people are using free cam. How do you get that?

Comment

Presuming you mean the "real time editor"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=67086

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew7u0...layer_embedded
        Mat0!

Comment

Isn't that for ARMA 1 though? Like their are videos like this people are making
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePrwLMi1fyQ

And this RTE looks cool but dosen't seem to be what their using.

Comment

aaah... go to his youtube channel and send him a message

about freecam.. dunno really, but im guessing what he did was spawn as a civilian and with some zoom tool and then done several setups with the editor, he prolly had some mates acting as actors
            Mat0!

Comment

There's a very beta-ish RTE built into ArmA 2. Don't recommend using it yet but you can if you press alt + e at the main menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato View Post
                aaah... go to his youtube channel and send him a message

about freecam.. dunno really, but im guessing what he did was spawn as a civilian and with some zoom tool and then done several setups with the editor, he prolly had some mates acting as actors
                I actually asked him the same question on that same video a few days ago but he did not respond yet.
                If you go to the main ArmA 2 menu and press Ctrl+E you will be taken to the 3D editor. It is much more confusing than the 2D editor though.
                Also, if you would like to film stuff as a human without getting killed you can type this into the initialization line for your unit and it will make the AI ignore you and also make you invincible (nearby blasts can still kill you, etc)

Code:
                player addEventHandler ["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1}];player addeventhandler ["hit", {_this select 0 setdamage 0}];player addeventhandler ["dammaged", {_this select 0 setdamage 0}];player SetCaptive True;
                edit: oops its alt+e I guess not ctrl+e

Comment

I only succeeded in placing vehicles using the 3D editor. If I want to make a unit, it sais I have to select something from the group menu... but there 's nothing there.
                  Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Got the answer off the BIS forums :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77592

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse